My jeep hates humidity! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My jeep hates humidity!

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
bob082484
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My jeep hates humidity!

I inquired about a little starting problem I've had a while ago. Ive done the capacitor swap to the ecm, all new sensors, cap, rotor, plugs and wires with a high power coil. I'm almost positive that I'm getting humidity somewhere that makes my jeep crank a lot in the mornings. Once I get it started it'll start great for the rest of the day. I know I'm getting fuel because you can smell it and it pops like it wants to start. Then when I get spark it ignites and blows my exhaust apart. It acts like I have h2o in the cap but Its new and I sealed it with rtv. Its not too temperature related but definitely humidity related. Maybe I'm missing something but I'm open to ideas.

bob082484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
Yarz
1990 YJ Wrangler 

My first guess when you said humidity related was the cap. But since you say you've addressed that, my first thing to do would be use dielectric grease on all connections to seal them

1990 White YJ TBI350, SM465, NP231, SOA, RE 1.5" SOA springs, Ford 8.8, D30, 4.10's, JBConversions SYE, XJ shaft, Bilstein 5150s, jb4x4 steering, MORE SS brakelines, 35x12.50 15 MT's, '95 YJ Brake Booster, '78 Grand Marquis MC, ZJ Prop. Valve
Yarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
bob082484
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just a follow up to an old thread. Im running a screaming deamon coil with my plug gaps set at .065. Here my gaps opened up to almost .080! Here the humidity raised the density altitude which made it even harder for the spark to jump the gap. Regapped my plugs and problem solved.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.