my jeep gets flooded inside - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > my jeep gets flooded inside

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 08-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
SrdjanDV
1995 YJ Wrangler 

my jeep gets flooded inside

Hello Guys;

Here is the thing, everytime that rains my jeep gets a lot of water inside, I am not totally sure from where the water comes in, but it seems the water seeps somewhere between the windshield and the bulkhead. So has anyone of you guys been able to solve this problem? or has anyone had water entering into the jeep? I thought it was the cowl rubber seal, so I had replace it, but the problem persist, therefore I have been thinking on the grid through which the air gets into the heating system.

Any help will be very appreciated

Thanks

SrdjanDV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #2
Jarred2
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sometimes jeeps just leak. Lol but alot of mine came through my windshield frame even after I replaced the rubber. I noticed my leak came through the vent on the hood and ran all the way through to my heater core. It was cracked somehow so I just sealed it up and it solved the leak for the most part.
She lets me ride her whenever i want. I buy her shiny things all the time. Give her a kiss and hug every morning and night. Think about her all day and dream about her at night. We have the perfect relationship. Me and my jeep that is.

The way I see it, a Jeep is like sex-when it's good it's terrific, and when it's bad it's still pretty good!

Semper Fidelis
Jarred2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
jhumphrey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrdjanDV View Post
Hello Guys;

Here is the thing, everytime that rains my jeep gets a lot of water inside, I am not totally sure from where the water comes in, but it seems the water seeps somewhere between the windshield and the bulkhead. So has anyone of you guys been able to solve this problem? or has anyone had water entering into the jeep? I thought it was the cowl rubber seal, so I had replace it, but the problem persist, therefore I have been thinking on the grid through which the air gets into the heating system.

Any help will be very appreciated

Thanks
First thing is to find where the water is coming from. Check out this thread on how to find it and how to fix it:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/t...up-how-628941/
jhumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
Matt24138
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I have been chasing a leak forever I have done all the suggestions. First check the drain hose on the firewall and cut off the bottom where it is tapered. Helps to avoid clogs. I am now replacing my windshield frame and doing my 4th cowl seal. If you do the seal make sure you loosen the hinge bolts and push down on the frame. This helps get proper preassure on the seal. Good luck I have spent several hundred dollars and a bucket of money on this issue. I wouldn't care except the water dumps on my fuse block and I lose my headlights and wipers. Not good in the rain lol.
Matt24138 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #5
jhumphrey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt24138
Good luck I have spent several hundred dollars and a bucket of money on this issue.
You mean to tell me that not doing this on your jeep is not the norm?
Unread 08-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #6
Matt24138
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I didn't say that just sharing the joys of jeep ownership with the unsuspecting lol.
Unread 08-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #7
Matt24138
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I meant hours and buckets of money
Unread 08-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #8
Jarred2
1995 YJ Wrangler 

^^^ lol Thats the truth
She lets me ride her whenever i want. I buy her shiny things all the time. Give her a kiss and hug every morning and night. Think about her all day and dream about her at night. We have the perfect relationship. Me and my jeep that is.

The way I see it, a Jeep is like sex-when it's good it's terrific, and when it's bad it's still pretty good!

Semper Fidelis
Jarred2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 12:54 PM   #9
Matt24138
1993 YJ Wrangler 

It's a love hate relationship. When things are good I love my jeep like my kids. When it's not I want to strap a bomb to it and never look back. Thankfully the good tines have been outweighing the bad so far. Sorry a bit off topic.
Unread 08-12-2011, 03:01 AM   #10
kphimself
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Jeeps just leak from everywhere. I carry a bottle of every fluid in the YJ and I haven't had the drian plugs in for almost a year.
kphimself is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 08:07 AM   #11
jhumphrey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt24138 View Post
It's a love hate relationship. When things are good I love my jeep like my kids. When it's not I want to strap a bomb to it and never look back. Thankfully the good tines have been outweighing the bad so far. Sorry a bit off topic.
ISN'T that the truth!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphimself View Post
Jeeps just leak from everywhere. I carry a bottle of every fluid in the YJ and I haven't had the drian plugs in for almost a year.
You, my friend, need to find the leaks lol. My yj doesnt leak from anywhere, but it's almost a full time job to keep the leak gremlin from shacking up in my jeep. Once he establishes a home there, he invites his relatives. Not in my jeep!

The FAQ I referenced earlier is a great one. It shows pretty much everywhere a leak can come from. If you have other leaks into your cab that are not water related, then you need to track it down ASAP. Most likely, your heater core is busted if its antifreeze leaking in (from under the passengerside dash). If you have brake fluid coming in from under the driverside dash, then your clutch master cylinder is going out. Ask me how I know about all those leaks
jhumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #12
Berniebikes
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Here's what I found behind my hinges, after chasing around every place I could find looking for a leak. You might want to check that out. I tried all the usual stuff, cowl seal, drain from the cowl, sealing the body panels, etc. nothing worked until I dealt with this. BTW no rust anywhere else on the entire body!

Berniebikes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #13
Matt24138
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I found a complete windshield frame locally for 50.00 from a guy parting one out rust free and including wipers and motor. Score! I am painting it this weekend with rattle cans of duplicolor gm matched paint. I am expecting to find the same under my hinges. If this doesn't fix my issue I am going to spray foam a solid block under my dash lol.
Unread 08-12-2011, 09:20 AM   #14
hrt4me
1991 YJ Wrangler 

makes me want to take a look under my own YJ's hinges this weekend...
hrt4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #15
SrdjanDV
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hi Guys;

What I have already done was:

1.- replace the old rusted windshield frame by a brand new one.
2.- replace the cowl rubber seal between the windshiedl frame and jeep body
3.- replace the windshield glass seal, BUT..................

It's still getting water into.

HELP!!!!!!!!!
SrdjanDV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.