JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   my jeep gets flooded inside (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-jeep-gets-flooded-inside-1251530/)

SrdjanDV 08-11-2011 09:32 AM

my jeep gets flooded inside
 
Hello Guys;

Here is the thing, everytime that rains my jeep gets a lot of water inside, I am not totally sure from where the water comes in, but it seems the water seeps somewhere between the windshield and the bulkhead. So has anyone of you guys been able to solve this problem? or has anyone had water entering into the jeep? I thought it was the cowl rubber seal, so I had replace it, but the problem persist, therefore I have been thinking on the grid through which the air gets into the heating system.

Any help will be very appreciated

Thanks

Jarred2 08-11-2011 09:44 AM

Sometimes jeeps just leak. Lol but alot of mine came through my windshield frame even after I replaced the rubber. I noticed my leak came through the vent on the hood and ran all the way through to my heater core. It was cracked somehow so I just sealed it up and it solved the leak for the most part.

jhumphrey 08-11-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SrdjanDV (Post 12004301)
Hello Guys;

Here is the thing, everytime that rains my jeep gets a lot of water inside, I am not totally sure from where the water comes in, but it seems the water seeps somewhere between the windshield and the bulkhead. So has anyone of you guys been able to solve this problem? or has anyone had water entering into the jeep? I thought it was the cowl rubber seal, so I had replace it, but the problem persist, therefore I have been thinking on the grid through which the air gets into the heating system.

Any help will be very appreciated

Thanks

First thing is to find where the water is coming from. Check out this thread on how to find it and how to fix it:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/t...up-how-628941/

Matt24138 08-11-2011 11:23 AM

I have been chasing a leak forever I have done all the suggestions. First check the drain hose on the firewall and cut off the bottom where it is tapered. Helps to avoid clogs. I am now replacing my windshield frame and doing my 4th cowl seal. If you do the seal make sure you loosen the hinge bolts and push down on the frame. This helps get proper preassure on the seal. Good luck I have spent several hundred dollars and a bucket of money on this issue. I wouldn't care except the water dumps on my fuse block and I lose my headlights and wipers. Not good in the rain lol.

jhumphrey 08-11-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt24138
Good luck I have spent several hundred dollars and a bucket of money on this issue.

You mean to tell me that not doing this on your jeep is not the norm? ;)

Matt24138 08-11-2011 12:36 PM

I didn't say that just sharing the joys of jeep ownership with the unsuspecting lol.

Matt24138 08-11-2011 12:37 PM

I meant hours and buckets of money

Jarred2 08-11-2011 12:38 PM

^^^ lol Thats the truth

Matt24138 08-11-2011 12:54 PM

It's a love hate relationship. When things are good I love my jeep like my kids. When it's not I want to strap a bomb to it and never look back. Thankfully the good tines have been outweighing the bad so far. Sorry a bit off topic.

kphimself 08-12-2011 03:01 AM

Jeeps just leak from everywhere. I carry a bottle of every fluid in the YJ and I haven't had the drian plugs in for almost a year.

jhumphrey 08-12-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt24138 (Post 12005278)
It's a love hate relationship. When things are good I love my jeep like my kids. When it's not I want to strap a bomb to it and never look back. Thankfully the good tines have been outweighing the bad so far. Sorry a bit off topic.

ISN'T that the truth!?!?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphimself (Post 12009152)
Jeeps just leak from everywhere. I carry a bottle of every fluid in the YJ and I haven't had the drian plugs in for almost a year.

You, my friend, need to find the leaks lol. My yj doesnt leak from anywhere, but it's almost a full time job to keep the leak gremlin from shacking up in my jeep. Once he establishes a home there, he invites his relatives. Not in my jeep! :nono:

The FAQ I referenced earlier is a great one. It shows pretty much everywhere a leak can come from. If you have other leaks into your cab that are not water related, then you need to track it down ASAP. Most likely, your heater core is busted if its antifreeze leaking in (from under the passengerside dash). If you have brake fluid coming in from under the driverside dash, then your clutch master cylinder is going out. Ask me how I know about all those leaks :umbrella:

Berniebikes 08-12-2011 08:25 AM

Here's what I found behind my hinges, after chasing around every place I could find looking for a leak. You might want to check that out. I tried all the usual stuff, cowl seal, drain from the cowl, sealing the body panels, etc. nothing worked until I dealt with this. BTW no rust anywhere else on the entire body!
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...stleaks001.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...stleaks002.jpg

Matt24138 08-12-2011 08:51 AM

I found a complete windshield frame locally for 50.00 from a guy parting one out rust free and including wipers and motor. Score! I am painting it this weekend with rattle cans of duplicolor gm matched paint. I am expecting to find the same under my hinges. If this doesn't fix my issue I am going to spray foam a solid block under my dash lol.

hrt4me 08-12-2011 09:20 AM

makes me want to take a look under my own YJ's hinges this weekend...

SrdjanDV 08-12-2011 03:06 PM

Hi Guys;

What I have already done was:

1.- replace the old rusted windshield frame by a brand new one.
2.- replace the cowl rubber seal between the windshiedl frame and jeep body
3.- replace the windshield glass seal, BUT..................

It's still getting water into.

HELP!!!!!!!!!


The time now is 04:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.