my jeep build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > my jeep build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 11-28-2011, 06:47 PM   #46
88yj2008
1988 YJ Wrangler 

The temp gauge isnt working now, but the t-stat is opening and all is well. Im probably gonna get a cheap mechanical gauge set because i dont trust the electric ones anyway. I just ordered the correct shims for the rear so hopefully i'll have em by the end of the week. I got a few pictures but it was dark so they kinda suck.

Unread 11-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #47
88yj2008
1988 YJ Wrangler 

so i started checking out my fenders and got a little disappointed. there pretty bad and i need to get this thing on the road like yesterday. I checked out the fenders i took off(cut off) the red parts jeep, they're worse. but i thought about buying a set of them flat fender deal things there soon. but ive got two sets of junk fenders, so for now im cleaning up the not as bad original fenders and gonna rattle can black them, not gonna worry bout bodywork or anything, they aint worth the time to me. Its temporary, this winter im going to make my own flat fenders from the rusted out fenders from the parts jeep. hopefully I'll have this thing looking like a jeep and set to go (minus the shocks) this weekend.
Unread 11-29-2011, 10:05 PM   #48
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88yj2008
so i started checking out my fenders and got a little disappointed. there pretty bad and i need to get this thing on the road like yesterday. I checked out the fenders i took off(cut off) the red parts jeep, they're worse. but i thought about buying a set of them flat fender deal things there soon. but ive got two sets of junk fenders, so for now im cleaning up the not as bad original fenders and gonna rattle can black them, not gonna worry bout bodywork or anything, they aint worth the time to me. Its temporary, this winter im going to make my own flat fenders from the rusted out fenders from the parts jeep. hopefully I'll have this thing looking like a jeep and set to go (minus the shocks) this weekend.
The genright $109 tube fender kit wasn't that hard to install. It is strong as hell too. I have pictures of my install in my rebuild thread.
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2011, 05:28 AM   #49
88yj2008
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermatt View Post
The genright $109 tube fender kit wasn't that hard to install. It is strong as hell too. I have pictures of my install in my rebuild thread.
yeah thats pretty much what i want, dont know why i said "flat fenders" lol. thats a good price i might just buy that kit. thanks, your jeep looks amazing btw.
Unread 12-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #50
88yj2008
1988 YJ Wrangler 

today I installed the correct shims in the rear, a huge improvement in driveshaft angle. I got the rubicon express 8* shims, i had to drill the holes out a bit bigger for the center pins on the bds springs. I put the fenders and hood on. It even moved under its own power today, not very far its kinda blocked in right now. my list of things to do to get it on the road is getting smaller. I might just be driving it by my birthday lol. im not gonna know what to do with my weekends anymore lol.
Unread 12-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #51
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88yj2008 View Post
today I installed the correct shims in the rear, a huge improvement in driveshaft angle. I got the rubicon express 8* shims, i had to drill the holes out a bit bigger for the center pins on the bds springs. I put the fenders and hood on. It even moved under its own power today, not very far its kinda blocked in right now. my list of things to do to get it on the road is getting smaller. I might just be driving it by my birthday lol. im not gonna know what to do with my weekends anymore lol.
"Slaps Head" DUH, just put in 4wd and climb over the blockage.

jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2011, 07:39 PM   #52
88yj2008
1988 YJ Wrangler 

yeah i dont think my boss would like me driving over his project lol
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #53
88yj2008
1988 YJ Wrangler 

ordered my shocks today, i got the procomp es1000's. ive heard mixed reviews, they were cheap and i plan on replacing them with something better next year. I have also been told that most of the hydro shocks are basically the same whether it be procomp, skyjacker, rough country, etc. Im really getting excited about finally driving this thing again. oh and i finally bought batteries for my camera so pics will definitely be up tomorrow
Unread 12-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #54
88yj2008
1988 YJ Wrangler 

on friday night i got the roll bar fitting right. the older style bar didnt quite line up right in the 95 tub. i just egged out the holes a bit. saterday i welded the bar in, herculined the floor, put the seats back in. pretty much finished up just about everything. this morning i changed u joints in the rear shaft and painted it and put it in. then bled the brakes and took it for a ride up and down the driveway a few times, I havent got my shocks yet. hopefully tomarrow or tues. i need to get insurance back on it too.

Unread 12-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #55
lovett86
1990 YJ Wrangler 

great job man, this is an awesome build
lovett86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2011, 10:02 PM   #56
88yj2008
1988 YJ Wrangler 

the build is gonna slow down a bit till spring, but I should have the tube fenders done by the end of next month. Its driveable now and I cant spend any more money on it right now. after Christmas I will buy bumpers for it and make my spare tire mount that will take the place of the rear seat. hopefully spring comes quick, I want to paint this thing
Unread 12-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #57
88yj2008
1988 YJ Wrangler 

drove it home tonight!! happy b-day to me lol. installed the shocks this morning.
Unread 12-13-2011, 08:31 PM   #58
uhohthe50
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Its coming along nicely. Looking good!
uhohthe50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2011, 09:02 PM   #59
Nhrafan
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Nice job.
I've got to say that's also the first time I've ever seen an engine hoist attached to a pallet jack before.
Unique idea for sure! Looks like it works great for setting an engine, trans and transfer combo down on and moving around!
Nhrafan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2011, 06:20 AM   #60
88yj2008
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhrafan View Post
Nice job.
I've got to say that's also the first time I've ever seen an engine hoist attached to a pallet jack before.
Unique idea for sure! Looks like it works great for setting an engine, trans and transfer combo down on and moving around!
yeah it works great, we built it because all the street rods we build are so low the regular hoist doesnt fit. it maneuvers real nice too with alot of weight on it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.