My heater blower puts out more air when not running, here's why - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My heater blower puts out more air when not running, here's why

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 04-29-2011, 11:03 AM   #91
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You dont have to get a new cable. They are difficult to come by. I put 2 little cuts on each side using a dremel where it is clippedthem to the controller and wraped a tie wrap around it. I will have to put up pics when I can. It is real easy to do.

Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #92
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
You dont have to get a new cable. They are difficult to come by. I put 2 little cuts on each side using a dremel where it is clippedthem to the controller and wraped a tie wrap around it. I will have to put up pics when I can. It is real easy to do.
so its still broke tho....

so if ya break it to make it not broke a new cable would be needed....

wreckers would have them, every YJ I saw still had the cables, fishingthem out might be a *****, but thinking of going and trying jsut for spares... I jsut spuer glued the botom of it on as long as its in there it cant really get out even broke...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #93
Jims-87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

OK since this thread got revived I have one question to ask that has not been covered.
This is the picture of the Vacuum motor that controls the air flow from outside:

Is this in the Open or closed position?

Does anyone have a picture of (or know) which way is actually open or closed? (What does the flapper door look like?)

I always feel cold (outside air) coming into the Jeep even when everything is "off", I did have the heater assembly apart a while ago and I may have the vacuum lines switched. But it would be nice to be able to see the inside of this part of the vent. Thanks, Jim
1987 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36, HEI, Custom Sound bar, Hardtop/Sun-rider/bikini tops, 2" Lift, 1/2" Boomerangs, 1" Body & MM Lift. 32x11.5x15 Copper STT's on Black Rock 950 Lobos w/4" backspacing, Still need Front Bumper and Seats.

My build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-very-slow-87-yj-build-thread-1137667/[/url]
Jims-87YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 07:01 AM   #94
Fireguy211
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims-87YJ
OK since this thread got revived I have one question to ask that has not been covered.
This is the picture of the Vacuum motor that controls the air flow from outside:

Is this in the Open or closed position?

Does anyone have a picture of (or know) which way is actually open or closed? (What does the flapper door look like?)

I always feel cold (outside air) coming into the Jeep even when everything is "off", I did have the heater assembly apart a while ago and I may have the vacuum lines switched. But it would be nice to be able to see the inside of this part of the vent. Thanks, Jim
The flapper you are talking about seeing is under the cowl vent which is located just behind the hood hinges. Mine Is Crome. Take the screws out and remove the screen, that vac motor you are looking at controls the flap on the passenger Side.
Fireguy211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #95
SpikesHD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome thread.

My blower has always sounded fine, but the Jeep NEVER warms up. After checking the things in this thread, I found out someone had knocked the black vacuum line under the dash loose and plugged it back into the last hole that should be empty. After switching them around I'm getting lotsa lotsa heat!!!

Thanks!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.