My heater blower puts out more air when not running, here's why - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My heater blower puts out more air when not running, here's why

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-06-2008, 06:11 PM   #31
jeepthg
1989 YJ Wrangler 

ok now im headed back out to verify that this is what mine does....

i have a great heat now when i had little to none before. but if this can possibly give me more then im going to have to check it out.

upgrades since i bought it
4" lift : 33's :Rugged Ridge soft top : Dynomax exhaust : Rugged Ridge 7" flares : MC2100 :TFI : lights and dual tube front bumper: nutter bypass thanks to Richmond 88 YJ

more upgrades to come as the wife allows
jeepthg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #32
ctm
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Also, does anyone have a fix for those little heater cable clips with the tabs that tend to break off? I tried rigging up some nylon clips held by a sheet metal screw but it doesn't work that great. hate to shell out $$ for all new cables and/or a new control box that comes with the cables.
ctm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2008, 08:16 PM   #33
jeepthg
1989 YJ Wrangler 

go to advanced or autozone and check out there clips they have a bunch of clips in a single isle. should take care of that

as for my vent doors....

my stuff matches everyone elses in function opening and closing when it should.. now tommarrow aint going to do any good for testing
it's supposed to be 70 so richmond yj you'll have to wait till this weekend it always gets cold on the weekend when everyone is off

upgrades since i bought it
4" lift : 33's :Rugged Ridge soft top : Dynomax exhaust : Rugged Ridge 7" flares : MC2100 :TFI : lights and dual tube front bumper: nutter bypass thanks to Richmond 88 YJ

more upgrades to come as the wife allows
jeepthg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2008, 10:30 PM   #34
Richmond88yj
Eat, Sleep, Jeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctm
I'm still not clear on which of the three ports the manifold vac plugs into. On Shenandoah's pic it is plugged into the the port 'on the right'. does it matter? I know it's not the center one, that goes to the air door?

The lil rubber connector has 3 holes.. Center for green tube going to flap, inboard one is black, this goes the the vac supply on intake manifold.

Empty Green Black
hole1 hole 2 Hole 3 - Plunger

The black one goes on the plunger side, green one in the middle
Richmond88yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2008, 10:32 PM   #35
Richmond88yj
Eat, Sleep, Jeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepthg
go to advanced or autozone and check out there clips they have a bunch of clips in a single isle. should take care of that

as for my vent doors....

my stuff matches everyone elses in function opening and closing when it should.. now tommarrow aint going to do any good for testing
it's supposed to be 70 so richmond yj you'll have to wait till this weekend it always gets cold on the weekend when everyone is off

Good to hear Bailey, got your voicemail, sorry didn't get it till late though, call ya back tomorrow. Thanks for the help, looks like we have it all working now.

Ernie
Unread 01-06-2008, 11:17 PM   #36
Nitrox73
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry I didn't reply quicker, having issues with my home computer...

Last edited by Nitrox73; 01-07-2008 at 12:53 AM..
Nitrox73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2008, 12:54 AM   #37
Nitrox73
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Here's the "YJ Heater Guide" for everything you wanted to know about the heater operations... enjoy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When your controls are set to off

Your blower motor should not be energized, both vent doors inside your hood intake should be closed
and your vent door inside the cab on your passenger side should be closed

Driver Side-Closed

Passenger Side-Closed

Inside Vent-Closed

Last edited by Nitrox73; 01-08-2008 at 06:38 PM..
Unread 01-07-2008, 12:55 AM   #38
Nitrox73
1995 YJ Wrangler 

When your controls are set to defrost/heat

Your blower motor will now be energized with three speeds, the vent door inside your hood intake on the passenger side only will be open, and the inside vent will be shut

Passenger Side-Open

Driver Side-Closed

Inside Vent-Closed

Last edited by Nitrox73; 01-08-2008 at 06:39 PM..
Unread 01-07-2008, 12:56 AM   #39
Nitrox73
1995 YJ Wrangler 

When your contorls are set to vent

Your blower motor will not be energized, both vent doors inside your hood intake will be open, and the inside vent will be open

Passenger Side-Open

Driver Side-Open

Inside Vent-Open

Last edited by Nitrox73; 01-08-2008 at 06:40 PM..
Unread 01-07-2008, 12:57 AM   #40
Nitrox73
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The vacuum switch attached to the heater control has three ports. The hole closest to the plunger should have the black vacuum line in it. The second hole will have your green line in it. The third hole which is farest away from the plunger is left open.

You may have to tighten the switch itself up where it attaches to the heater control. If not the plunger may not be making contact with the heater switch.

I had to use new screws to get it tight as you can see here, this picture is taken from below the control

When the heater is in the Off position, the plunger should be pushed all the way in like this

Inside the hood vent intake; the passenger side vent is controlled by vacuum, while the driver side is cable controlled. If the black vacuum line is not connected to the switch on the heater control, the passenger side intake vent should remain open at all times.

Last edited by Nitrox73; 01-08-2008 at 06:40 PM..
Unread 01-07-2008, 04:43 AM   #41
Richmond88yj
Eat, Sleep, Jeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks Nitrox, but pics aren't showing up, just red X
Unread 01-07-2008, 05:37 AM   #42
workn4livn
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I see them fine. Nice job, well done
workn4livn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2008, 06:42 AM   #43
Richmond88yj
Eat, Sleep, Jeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by workn4livn
I see them fine. Nice job, well done

Well that's weird. 3 different browsers on 3 different workstations and I can't see em at all. Logged in or logged out. But... when I paste the url of the pic in my browser, I see them, then return to thread and I can see the pics I pasted int he browser. So if you don't see the pics, copy.paste the pic URL
Unread 01-07-2008, 08:16 AM   #44
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmond 88 YJ
Well that's weird. 3 different browsers on 3 different workstations and I can't see em at all. Logged in or logged out. But... when I paste the url of the pic in my browser, I see them, then return to thread and I can see the pics I pasted int he browser. So if you don't see the pics, copy.paste the pic URL
Yea the same thing happened to me. I've had to do the copy/paste thing on other threads too, but rarely. We must have some security setting that stops them at first. What I do is copy and paste them into another web page that I have opened up, and then they miraculously show up on the other web page.

Great job Nitrox. You should submit this to Technical Articles & Write-Ups.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #45
sstaurus
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Can't see them here at home...?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.