Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

my first yj ever!

5K views 54 replies 35 participants last post by  marcibobarci 
#1 ·
Hey i just got my first jeep today and i'm so excited. it's a '92 yj, islander edition, 194k miles on it, drives awesome! drove to dallas and back today from houston to pick it up so got a chance to drive it for a good while and everything seems to be working great

Here's a picture, let me know what you guys think!

-marci

See less See more
#31 ·
Good deal. Glad to hear you're ok after the accident. I've been in way too many myself. What happened? Your price is on the high side but your jeep is way above average condition. What made you decide on the jeep?

#40 ·
Well i was driving to my parents which is about 45mins north of houston and it had been raining mildly throughout the day so the roads were pretty slick (i used to have a ford taurus by the way, and no i did not pick that one out :nono:) some suv got pushed in front of me by a truck and it tapped the front corner of my car and redirected so i pretty much drove into the dividing wall...so that was scary but i came out of it totally fine :) oh and both the cars drove off while i was stuck in my car bc my door wouldn't open.....yeah, jerks.
i thought it was actually a pretty good deal since it is in such good shape in every aspect and im not really going to have to spend any money on it for a while, ill just have to get tires soon bc they're really bald, but other than that all the stuff i want to do to it can wait till i have money. and to answer your last question...well i've always wanted a wrangler, my dad had one when i was little, about 5yrs old and i've loved them since then, and the more i looked for wranglers the more i fell in love with the yj and how authentic and old-school they look. no frills, just awesome carness. lol.

5500. thats a good price for a jeep in that condition.
yes, i totally agree. i would have probably paid way more for it if i had had the money too, i just barely scraped enough money together to get it bc i didnt have enough with my insurance money, but i was pretty much gonna make it happen one way or the other. as soon as i saw it online i was pretty much decided on it. love at first sight :eyebulge:

Wow....I thought my Jeep was in great condition when I bought it. Yours looks like it just came off the line. I did expect the drivers seat to be worn, but a good seat cover will fix that.
Those pictures show a very well maintained and seldom used Jeep. You paid a fair price for it especially in that condition. I've seen rust buckets go for over $5000. Just get some neoprene seat covers and don't worry about that tear in the seat. Great buy and enjoy. By the way, join a local jeep club and I am sure that they will help you out just as much as here. :thumbsup:
oh yeah the cosmetic things are very easily fixable, i'm not worried about it whatsoever, i have dogs so i was planning to get covers for my seats no matter what shape they were in anyways. and yea i got very very lucky that it didn't just LOOK good but it also RUNS great!

Congrats!!!! I just got a '95 from my hubby for Christmas. :cheers2:
Congrats! he's a keeper :thumbsup:

Did you pick that yj up at a jeep museum?! that yj is super clean no rust, paint looks great, and dang that clean engine bay! the islander package is a rare deal too. congrats on the yj and welcome to the jeep addicts community ha
haha it looks like it, doesn't it! i want to eventually touch up the little chips in the paint that it has now just bc it does look so beautiful and i will definitely take care of it to keep it that way :D

also, thanks everyone so much for the warm welcome. jeepers are awesome and so friendly and i'm so excited to share any new developments with you guys :)

#36 ·
Those pictures show a very well maintained and seldom used Jeep. You paid a fair price for it especially in that condition. I've seen rust buckets go for over $5000. Just get some neoprene seat covers and don't worry about that tear in the seat. Great buy and enjoy. By the way, join a local jeep club and I am sure that they will help you out just as much as here. :thumbsup:

#39 ·
Did you pick that yj up at a jeep museum?! that yj is super clean no rust, paint looks great, and dang that clean engine bay! the islander package is a rare deal too. congrats on the yj and welcome to the jeep addicts community ha

#42 ·
Great looking jeep, i wish i would have held out to find a jeep that clean, instead of having to do all the work and it still wouldn't be that original.

#43 ·
wow, great find Marci!!! that jeep is absolutely pristine!!

#46 ·
Awesome islander, really my favorite trim package on the YJs. I can't believe how clean that thing is :drool:

Congrats.

#49 ·
YES! that is absolutely my jeep. i park it in the kirby starbucks parking lot most of the time bc my roommate works there and can keep an eye on him (i'm paranoid and don't want to park it in the parking garage at the village, i work there too).
There's also a sweet looking gray yj off robinhood and kelvin and i think a tj at the dentist place across the street from starbucks :) it's funny how you kinda learn where all the jeeps in your area usually are. lol

#55 ·
The weather's been great, it was pretty chilly (for us at least) today. I haven't gone topless yet, ive heard it's kind of a pain to take the top off and put it back on on a yj so i'm waiting till it'll be consistently nice to do it, then i'll be topless all summer for sure :D

I'm almost stopped the other day and took a look at it but I didn't want to seem weird. Mine is the black one parked across the street from buffalo wild wings on rice blvd.
That's not weird at all, i do it all the time....well maybe it is a little weird, but i think jeepers understand. lol. i've seen yours parked over there too and i'm sure i peeked in and under if i've ever walked by it, what a small world!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.