Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

My Current List of Jeep Issues!

663 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Mr. Notorious 
#1 ·
1st and most importantly... my front windshield is developing quite the crack. It started on the drivers side at the bottom and worked its way up a few inches then took a right and just tonight started rising a tad so I need to get a new windshield for the Jeep... Any idea on how much those cost?

On top of that... it's been leaking during rainstorms for quite some time and there is also some rust on the lower half of the windshield frame so I'm think that I am just gonna buy a whole new windshield frame w/ the new windshield. Any ideas on the best places to get either the frame and/or the windshield itself?

I also need new seals for all of the windows and for the top itself... the upper front left corner (near the windshield) seal for the hardtop is *missing* so when I go through car washes or angled rainstorms I get quite the spray through that little hole, hehe. So combined w/ the leaky windshield I can create quite the puddle on my carpet on the drivers side near the pedals.

And just cuz I am sharing all of this nonsense, ... I could also use some new Hella Model 500 light covers, new hardware for my Bushwacker flares and some matching green paint for those rust spots that were fixed over a year ago, haha.

Anyway... so yeah - My Jeep has quite the buncha needs right now! If anyone could direct me to some good places for those things I need that would be wonderful! Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
I got the frame and winshield off Ebay. Get them as already assembled and it will be dirt cheap. I got a rust-free frame and a new windshield off ebay for $125. Then just give it to a local body shop. If you don't have the money right away, Advanced Auto has spray paint to match the factory colors. You can spray paint the windshield yourself if your short on cash. As for hardware for the flares. I'm assuming you mean nunts and bolts? Use zip ties. Makes it alot quicker to install or take-off if you ever need to. Plus if you use bolts they will most likely rust. As for the puddle on the carpet, RIP OUT THAT CARPET. Jeeps will rot from the inside out. Pull out the carpet, pull out the drain plugs, and bed liner away. Even if you don't want to mess of bedliner, use POR-15. That way any water you get would sit in Jeep while your at work. It will just drain out the holes in the bottom. Looks like you got some work infront of you. :thumbsup:

#5 ·
Hey! Thanks for the replies! I'll have to start doin some searchin' around and stuff...

On the subject of carpet tho... haha - I put that in out of choice over bed liner because I don't plan on getting the inside wet/muddy and I'm into the car audio stuff so I need to keep it nice and clean anyway... as soon as I fix the leaks I shouldn't have a water problem anymore. I just gotta get a new sub box that fits back there like it should, hehe.

I've tried contacting the guy at www.just4effect.com but he hasn't gotten back to me yet... does anyone else know of anyone who makes custom boxes similar to those ones? (Downfiring, "perfect-fit" boxes for behind the rear seat)

But yup! I sure do have some work ahead of me, haha. We'll see how soon I can get to it too, lol.

Thanks again!

#6 ·
Hey speed I build systems and the size of the box is dependent on the speaker used. Check out Crutchfield's web site, they have box building guides, and give you the spec's that each speaker requires. Like mine are 2 - 12" that require 1.3 cubic feet of air each, also require a sealed box, some require ports. So do Your research, then just build your own. As for wood use DFM (the stuff that looks like pressed sawdust), or even plexi or acrylic. Measure twice cut once. 3m maximum strength adhesive works well for gluing the carpet or what ever one the box. If you have any fiberglass skills you can make them out of fiberglass. Those are cool and fun cause you can make a unique look. I have links to guides if your interested in that route or you can google it. You said your into the audio stuff, check out the genereal forum for a topic called a dvd player screen in a jeep something like that I put info there you may like. :thumbsup:

#7 ·
I built my sub box. It's so easy if you have a saw and a screw gun. Just plan it out with a tape measure on paper. Plus its steal-proof. If you have any questions about stereo give me a PM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.