My 95 YJ SLOOOW Build - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My 95 YJ SLOOOW Build

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #106
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Painted with Rustoleum Hammered Black, I really like this color..

Can't wait to get them put on.. Maybe this weekend but may not have time with Christmas here...

3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #107
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Should I put a clear coat on them, UV Resistant??? I think all I have is Matte finish so it may dull them down a bit..
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #108
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Those look good! Looks like hank likes them.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #109
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide
Should I put a clear coat on them, UV Resistant??? I think all I have is Matte finish so it may dull them down a bit..
You could clear them. Wouldn't hurt, however it may make it harder to touch them up if you're going to beat on them.

You'll enjoy those rockers. They are a solid product.

11 Ram 2500 - H&S tuned 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #110
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Those look good! Looks like hank likes them.
Yeah I think he is just high like me from smelling the paint fumes, notice door open in background... It was getting strong...
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-20-2011, 05:26 PM   #111
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post
You could clear them. Wouldn't hurt, however it may make it harder to touch them up if you're going to beat on them.

You'll enjoy those rockers. They are a solid product.
Good point, I don't think I will clear coat them... I am sure they will get some bings and bangs and need the touch up sooner or later...

My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #112
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

My drivers side window in my full hard door is starting to jam up on me when rolling it up and down.. How do I remove the inside door panel to access the inner workings of the window?? What kind of clips holds it together and are they easily broken??
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-23-2011, 07:29 PM   #113
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Here is a pic of the gasket that came with the A to Z sliders. I am assuming that I stick the sticky side to the slider and let the non-skid side go against the jeep??? Is that correct??? I don't think I want to stick this to my paint on the jeep so that is the only way I know to do it..

My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #114
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Santa came just a little early at my house...

Where is some ideas to mount the knob in the cab... Any pros and cons to it that some of you have crossed..??
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #115
1993BlackYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Don't remember where in my thread it is but I have a lot of pics of my install..., but I think your pretty much limited on where it can go. Mine is pretty much under the steering wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
1971 CJ5 "Dorothy" 225 Dauntless V6
1993 Black YJ 4.0L, 5 speed, Posi-Loc, 35x12.50 MTZ, 4" Skyjacker lift, Ramsey 8500 Winch, OBA, Front Aussie Locked, 8.8 ARB Rear, 4.10s

[SIZE="3"][B][B]My 93 Build Thread Over 700pics :[/B] [COLOR="Red"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-1st-jeep-build-1993yj-938195/[/url][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][B][B]My 71 "Dorothy" Build Thread Lots of pics :[/B] [COLOR="Red"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/1971-cj5-dorothy-1122276/[/url][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE="3"]My 53 CJ-3B "Ray" Build[/SIZE][/B]:[SIZE="3"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/1953-cj-b3-ray-1268717/#post12217917[/url][/SIZE]]

[B][I]Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior[/I][/B]
1993BlackYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #116
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My drivers side window in my full hard door is starting to jam up on me when rolling it up and down.. How do I remove the inside door panel to access the inner workings of the window?? What kind of clips holds it together and are they easily broken??
It's easier to rip them out of the cardboard backing than break them. Ive found a flat head screwdriver works decent for popping the plastic retainers out. There is a lip you can use to pop them out. Just work your way around the panel after removing the window crank and door pulls.

Then there is a cover to remove so you can access the latch and locking mechanism.

Not too tough.

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
Unread 12-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #117
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Here is a pic of the gasket that came with the A to Z sliders. I am assuming that I stick the sticky side to the slider and let the non-skid side go against the jeep??? Is that correct??? I don't think I want to stick this to my paint on the jeep so that is the only way I know to do it..
I didn't put a gasket under mine but I'd probably put the sticky side to the rocker guards.

Unread 12-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #118
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ok, installing my sliders today and all is going well so far.. I have one mounted with one bolt so far and ran into a question I need an answer to before preceding on... I want to mount them so that future flare mods are not jeopardized if and when I go to flat fenders. I don't know which flat fenders to go with just yet but I want to run my sliders with what I have for the time being. I don't know if I need to slide it forward or backward some.

This maybe an impossible question since I don't know what flares I will go with but I don't want to have to redrill all of these holes in my tub to move these things later on..

Here are some pics of what I am talking about.

Front right behind front tire from underneath.. Notice where slider lines up with back edge of fender well/tub.

Rear of slider in front of rear tire.. Notice same alignment.

Slider mounted with one bolt

Non-Skid Gasket installed, stuck to slider.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #119
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post
It's easier to rip them out of the cardboard backing than break them. Ive found a flat head screwdriver works decent for popping the plastic retainers out. There is a lip you can use to pop them out. Just work your way around the panel after removing the window crank and door pulls.

Then there is a cover to remove so you can access the latch and locking mechanism.

Not too tough.
Got the window taken care of, All the plastic push pins came out and back in without breaking..

Thanks for the help.. The screwdriver worked great...
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-26-2011, 02:26 PM   #120
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

On our way home with an 8.8 out of 96 Mountaineer. Complete with disk brakes, rotors, calipers and all brake lines, with 3.73 LS gears and drive shaft for 210 bucks. Pix coming soon!
My-95-YJ Build Thread

Tags
arkansas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.