My 95 YJ SLOOOW Build - Page 8 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 263 Old 12-19-2011, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Painted with Rustoleum Hammered Black, I really like this color..

Can't wait to get them put on.. Maybe this weekend but may not have time with Christmas here...

HanksRide
(Hank is Yellow Lab) He loves it!!
95yj 4.0L, 4" RC Lift, 8.8, Aussie Locker, Posi-Lok, Rock Sliders, 1" Booms, 33 X 12.50's, Rhino Lining, KC Day Lighters, Rock Bumpers, LED Dash Lights, XRC10 Winch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 263 Old 12-19-2011, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Should I put a clear coat on them, UV Resistant??? I think all I have is Matte finish so it may dull them down a bit..

HanksRide
95yj 4.0L, 4" RC Lift, 8.8, Aussie Locker, Posi-Lok, Rock Sliders, 1" Booms, 33 X 12.50's, Rhino Lining, KC Day Lighters, Rock Bumpers, LED Dash Lights, XRC10 Winch

post #108 of 263 Old 12-20-2011, 10:21 AM
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Those look good! Looks like hank likes them.
post #109 of 263 Old 12-20-2011, 10:45 AM
dillonjm
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide
Should I put a clear coat on them, UV Resistant??? I think all I have is Matte finish so it may dull them down a bit..
You could clear them. Wouldn't hurt, however it may make it harder to touch them up if you're going to beat on them.

You'll enjoy those rockers. They are a solid product.

13 GC Overland - (Wife's DD) 5.7, stock
Past Jeeps: 99TJ, 78CJ7, 91YJ, 01WJ, 03TJ, 05KJ
post #110 of 263 Old 12-20-2011, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Those look good! Looks like hank likes them.
Yeah I think he is just high like me from smelling the paint fumes, notice door open in background... It was getting strong...

HanksRide

post #111 of 263 Old 12-20-2011, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post
You could clear them. Wouldn't hurt, however it may make it harder to touch them up if you're going to beat on them.

You'll enjoy those rockers. They are a solid product.
Good point, I don't think I will clear coat them... I am sure they will get some bings and bangs and need the touch up sooner or later...

HanksRide

post #112 of 263 Old 12-21-2011, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

My drivers side window in my full hard door is starting to jam up on me when rolling it up and down.. How do I remove the inside door panel to access the inner workings of the window?? What kind of clips holds it together and are they easily broken??

HanksRide

post #113 of 263 Old 12-23-2011, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Here is a pic of the gasket that came with the A to Z sliders. I am assuming that I stick the sticky side to the slider and let the non-skid side go against the jeep??? Is that correct??? I don't think I want to stick this to my paint on the jeep so that is the only way I know to do it..

HanksRide

post #114 of 263 Old 12-23-2011, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Santa came just a little early at my house...

Where is some ideas to mount the knob in the cab... Any pros and cons to it that some of you have crossed..??

HanksRide

post #115 of 263 Old 12-23-2011, 07:38 PM
1993BlackYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Don't remember where in my thread it is but I have a lot of pics of my install..., but I think your pretty much limited on where it can go. Mine is pretty much under the steering wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

1947 CJ-2A
1953 CJ-3B "Ray"
1957 CJ-3b "Jeep with no Name" Parts Donor
1971 CJ5 "Dorothy" 225 Dauntless V6
1993 Black YJ 4.0L, 5 speed, Posi-Loc, 35x12.50 MTZ, 4" Skyjacker lift, Ramsey 8500 Winch, OBA, Front Aussie Locked, 8.8 ARB Rear, 4.10s

My 93 Build Thread Over 700pics :

My 71 "Dorothy" Build Thread Lots of pics :

My 53 CJ-3B "Ray" Build:
]

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior
post #116 of 263 Old 12-23-2011, 07:40 PM
dillonjm
2013 WK 

Quote:
My drivers side window in my full hard door is starting to jam up on me when rolling it up and down.. How do I remove the inside door panel to access the inner workings of the window?? What kind of clips holds it together and are they easily broken??
It's easier to rip them out of the cardboard backing than break them. Ive found a flat head screwdriver works decent for popping the plastic retainers out. There is a lip you can use to pop them out. Just work your way around the panel after removing the window crank and door pulls.

Then there is a cover to remove so you can access the latch and locking mechanism.

Not too tough.

post #117 of 263 Old 12-23-2011, 07:41 PM
dillonjm
2013 WK 

Quote:
Here is a pic of the gasket that came with the A to Z sliders. I am assuming that I stick the sticky side to the slider and let the non-skid side go against the jeep??? Is that correct??? I don't think I want to stick this to my paint on the jeep so that is the only way I know to do it..
I didn't put a gasket under mine but I'd probably put the sticky side to the rocker guards.

post #118 of 263 Old 12-25-2011, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ok, installing my sliders today and all is going well so far.. I have one mounted with one bolt so far and ran into a question I need an answer to before preceding on... I want to mount them so that future flare mods are not jeopardized if and when I go to flat fenders. I don't know which flat fenders to go with just yet but I want to run my sliders with what I have for the time being. I don't know if I need to slide it forward or backward some.

This maybe an impossible question since I don't know what flares I will go with but I don't want to have to redrill all of these holes in my tub to move these things later on..

Here are some pics of what I am talking about.

Front right behind front tire from underneath.. Notice where slider lines up with back edge of fender well/tub.

Rear of slider in front of rear tire.. Notice same alignment.

Slider mounted with one bolt

Non-Skid Gasket installed, stuck to slider.

HanksRide

post #119 of 263 Old 12-25-2011, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post
It's easier to rip them out of the cardboard backing than break them. Ive found a flat head screwdriver works decent for popping the plastic retainers out. There is a lip you can use to pop them out. Just work your way around the panel after removing the window crank and door pulls.

Then there is a cover to remove so you can access the latch and locking mechanism.

Not too tough.
Got the window taken care of, All the plastic push pins came out and back in without breaking..

Thanks for the help.. The screwdriver worked great...

HanksRide

post #120 of 263 Old 12-26-2011, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

On our way home with an 8.8 out of 96 Mountaineer. Complete with disk brakes, rotors, calipers and all brake lines, with 3.73 LS gears and drive shaft for 210 bucks. Pix coming soon!

HanksRide

Tags
arkansas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.