My 95 YJ SLOOOW Build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My 95 YJ SLOOOW Build

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperCyber Sale on RUBICON EXPRESS - Short Arms, Long Arms, Tra

Unread 09-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #91
HanksRide
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Got the seals done yesterday and so far no leaks. Didn't ruin any but thought that I had for a few minutes. The drivers side one went in a little crooked at first so I have to go in through the passenger side with a 3/4" pipe and give it some love taps to press it on in the whole. Wasn't as bad a job I as initially thought but I will say those seals take a lot more pressure to get them in then I thought they would have..

Back on the road again....

3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #92
HanksRide
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Snow Driving With Locker

Well this will be my first winter with my Aussie Locker installed. I have read that these things do more harm than good in the snow. We don't get a lot of snow but occasionally can get 2 to 10 inches or so, and sometimes a lot of ice, what do I need to watch out for when driving in this stuff. I love to play in the snow and that is one reason for having a jeep.

Also, I bought the stuff to do my posi-lock setup, will this help me or hurt me in the snow and ice?? With it disengaged, I am assuming I will be in 3 wheel drive with the transfer case in 4lo, that would seem like it will constantly want to pull me left but not sure???
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 10-15-2011, 02:59 PM   #93
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide
Jeep Pics taken today at work, 3 different generations of Jeeps, TJ, YJ, CJ. We are going to start having a monthly jeep day where everyone I work with that have jeeps drive them in and line them up (any model). I will update when we do it, I think there will be possibly up to 10 or so.
Nice yj hank loving the build. I have the similar setup like you on lift. And i have a similar pic of 3 gen. Of jeeps like you except all of the jeeps are white and black and we had a JK instead of tj. My buddy's JKU with 3" full traction lift and 35s on left, middle my 93 yj with 4" rc lift w/1" booms and 33" and right cj7 4" lift w/2 bl on 35s.
image-1485749891.jpg  
Unread 10-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #94
HanksRide
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepyj13 View Post
Nice yj hank loving the build. I have the similar setup like you on lift. And i have a similar pic of 3 gen. Of jeeps like you except all of the jeeps are white and black and we had a JK instead of tj. My buddy's JKU with 3" full traction lift and 35s on left, middle my 93 yj with 4" rc lift w/1" booms and 33" and right cj7 4" lift w/2 bl on 35s.
Man that is cool, almost looks like the same pic except everyone painted them white..

I think in an office of about 25 people now we have about 9 or 10 jeeps. We have been thinking about having a jeep day like every Thursday where everyone drives their jeeps and parks them side by side...
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 10-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #95
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
Man that is cool, almost looks like the same pic except everyone painted them white..

I think in an office of about 25 people now we have about 9 or 10 jeeps. We have been thinking about having a jeep day like every Thursday where everyone drives their jeeps and parks them side by side...
yeah they also critized me that day too. the jk and cj was spotless but my yj was muddy cause i went muddin earlier that week. my buddy and the owner of the cj kept telling me to wash it and i just laugh. cant tell though cause of the way the pic was taken.
Unread 12-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #96
HanksRide
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well I am starting to get into the mood to do some work on the heep this winter. I have several projects planned and a few others in mind. Not sure how far I will get but here is the list.

Home-Made POSI Lock - I have 90% of the parts bought for this one.
Swing out tire carrier - I have the heavy duty spindle from A to Z Fabrication.
Rock Sliders - Just pulled the trigger on a set of them from A To Z also, should be here in a few days.

Looking for an 8.8 for rear and plan to re-gear front at same time with at least 4.10's maybe more depending on what I find in an 8.8.

Also plan to add some Flat Fenders soon as well. Still thinking about what kind, and style I want.

That should keep me busy for a while and once I get all of that accomplished, I think I will have it about where I want it for a while. (At least until I think of something else..)
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-16-2011, 10:01 PM   #97
HanksRide
1995 YJ Wrangler 

A to Z Fab Rock Sliders showed up today. I am currently working on daughters TJ but soon as I am done there these baby's are going on. They are raw steel so I will have to paint them and then install. I will post pics of them soon. They seem to be well built and stout.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-17-2011, 08:19 AM   #98
1993BlackYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide
A to Z Fab Rock Sliders showed up today. I am currently working on daughters TJ but soon as I am done there these baby's are going on. They are raw steel so I will have to paint them and then install. I will post pics of them soon. They seem to be well built and stout.
I"ll be watching...... Thats the next thing on the list for the YJ. Can't decide wether to buy or build some

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
1971 CJ5 "Dorothy" 225 Dauntless V6
1993 Black YJ 4.0L, 5 speed, Posi-Loc, 35x12.50 MTZ, 4" Skyjacker lift, Ramsey 8500 Winch, OBA, Front Aussie Locked, 8.8 ARB Rear, 4.10s

[SIZE="3"][B][B]My 93 Build Thread Over 700pics :[/B] [COLOR="Red"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-1st-jeep-build-1993yj-938195/[/url][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][B][B]My 71 "Dorothy" Build Thread Lots of pics :[/B] [COLOR="Red"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/1971-cj5-dorothy-1122276/[/url][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE="3"]My 53 CJ-3B "Ray" Build[/SIZE][/B]:[SIZE="3"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/1953-cj-b3-ray-1268717/#post12217917[/url][/SIZE]]

[B][I]Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior[/I][/B]
1993BlackYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #99
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Did you get the A to Z Fab ww2ww Rock Sliders?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #100
HanksRide
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Did you get the A to Z Fab ww2ww Rock Sliders?
Not sure what the ww2ww's are exactly. I got the smooth, raw steel with round step bar. I thought they were suppost to have a laser cut out for the step that said A to Z Fab like their pics show but these do not have that. Soon as I get daughters jeep out of my shop they are next and pics will come then.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-17-2011, 01:48 PM   #101
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not sure what the ww2ww's are exactly. I got the smooth, raw steel with round step bar. I thought they were suppost to have a laser cut out for the step that said A to Z Fab like their pics show but these do not have that. Soon as I get daughters jeep out of my shop they are next and pics will come then.
ww2ww mean wheel well to wheel well. They have a rocker that just fits in the space between the fender flares. They also make a set that goes from wheel well to wheel well. I think they look better when you switch to tube fender.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #102
HanksRide
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
ww2ww mean wheel well to wheel well. They have a rocker that just fits in the space between the fender flares. They also make a set that goes from wheel well to wheel well. I think they look better when you switch to tube fender.
Yes they are ww2ww.. Here are some pics of them getting ready to prime and paint...

I have one side primed and will get more pics up later...
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #103
Wazzier
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Definably following this! Coming along well ! Good job dude!
Wazzier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #104
onlyinayj89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Those are looking nice
onlyinayj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #105
HanksRide
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Got them primed and actually painted too but forgot to snap a pic of them once I got done. I think my head was a little foggy from spraying the paint and primer.. I will get some more tomorrow...

My-95-YJ Build Thread

Tags
arkansas

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.