My 95 YJ SLOOOW Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My 95 YJ SLOOOW Build

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 10-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #61
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliriousnomad View Post
hey great looking Jeep ! build is coming along well...
me personally I wouldn't touch that paint! I love it! a rare color and looks like it is in great shape! the black is awesome...

...I just subscribed to this thread again keep it up!
Thanks for the comments, the color is growing on me.

3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #62
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ordered my A to Z Fab Swing out tire carrier kit tonight. Upgraded to the mega spindle.. I will have to seek some help on the welding and fabrication. I can count on one hand the number of times I have welded and on about 2 fingers the number of times it actually held up..
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 10-05-2010, 10:32 PM   #63
1993BlackYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I may be at my shop on Saturday if I dont have to work at tyson. If i'm there your welcome to come by. I'm going to work on mine. Do you have your plans laid out on how you are doing yours? I know your going to adapt your existing bumper right? I've posted pics of the progress on mine so far on my Build thread
1971 CJ5 "Dorothy" 225 Dauntless V6
1993 Black YJ 4.0L, 5 speed, Posi-Loc, 35x12.50 MTZ, 4" Skyjacker lift, Ramsey 8500 Winch, OBA, Front Aussie Locked, 8.8 ARB Rear, 4.10s

[SIZE="3"][B][B]My 93 Build Thread Over 700pics :[/B] [COLOR="Red"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-1st-jeep-build-1993yj-938195/[/url][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][B][B]My 71 "Dorothy" Build Thread Lots of pics :[/B] [COLOR="Red"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/1971-cj5-dorothy-1122276/[/url][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE="3"]My 53 CJ-3B "Ray" Build[/SIZE][/B]:[SIZE="3"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/1953-cj-b3-ray-1268717/#post12217917[/url][/SIZE]]

[B][I]Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior[/I][/B]
1993BlackYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2010, 10:54 PM   #64
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993BlackYJ View Post
I may be at my shop on Saturday if I dont have to work at tyson. If i'm there your welcome to come by. I'm going to work on mine. Do you have your plans laid out on how you are doing yours? I know your going to adapt your existing bumper right? I've posted pics of the progress on mine so far on my Build thread
Saturday I will be building an awning (porch cover) on the back of the house. No I don't exactly have a plan laid out, sort of have one in my head but probably won't get to it for a few weeks since deer season is upon us. I have been watching your thread on yours, looks great, I am watching for ideas and reading for do's and don'ts. I may give you a yell when I get ready to build mine though.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 10-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #65
SloppyJoseph
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hank,

Where in the holy hell did you find that clear coat? I can't find any clearcoat that says it's "UV Protectant." Im almost done with my top. I went ahead and painted the inside too. I couldn't stand the white.

[FONT="Arial"]SkyJacker 4" lift, 32" BFG M/T's, Smittybilt Rocker guards, XRC Front bumper, XRC 8 Winch and bikini top, KC Fogs and Warn Driving lights, M.O.R.E. 5/8" Boom Shackles, Rugged Ridge HD Steering, Rhino Lined, SkyJacker Hydro Shocks and Steering Stablizer, Bestop Seats, MCE Front Fenders [/FONT]
SloppyJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #66
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloppyJoseph View Post
Hank,

Where in the holy hell did you find that clear coat? I can't find any clearcoat that says it's "UV Protectant." Im almost done with my top. I went ahead and painted the inside too. I couldn't stand the white.
I bought all my paint at Lowe's in Fort Smith. I have to admit, I did not know it was UV rated until after I bought it though.. Post up some pics when you get it done. Did you go with the same hammered paint that I used???
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 10-08-2010, 08:52 AM   #67
SloppyJoseph
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
I bought all my paint at Lowe's in Fort Smith. I have to admit, I did not know it was UV rated until after I bought it though.. Post up some pics when you get it done. Did you go with the same hammered paint that I used???
My lowe's didn't even carry rustoleum products. Only their valspar crap. I got all of my stuff from WallyWorld. Yes, Im using the hammered paint also. I think im going to lay one more coat on the outside and then put it on the jeep tomorrow. Ill post some pics for sure.

[FONT="Arial"]SkyJacker 4" lift, 32" BFG M/T's, Smittybilt Rocker guards, XRC Front bumper, XRC 8 Winch and bikini top, KC Fogs and Warn Driving lights, M.O.R.E. 5/8" Boom Shackles, Rugged Ridge HD Steering, Rhino Lined, SkyJacker Hydro Shocks and Steering Stablizer, Bestop Seats, MCE Front Fenders [/FONT]
SloppyJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2010, 11:56 PM   #68
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well I installed my CB today, the Cobra 75, 3 ft Firestik, and external speaker. My camera batteries were dead so I will have to take pics tomorrow of where I located everything. I was able to talk to someone about 40 miles away as soon as I turned it on. I still need to do some fine tuning on the SWR but I am pleased with it. It does feel like a handful and will have to get used to that but will probably only use it on the trail once the new wears off.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 10-23-2010, 05:50 AM   #69
Lakeozark-YJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Keep up the thread and keep the pics coming! Nice job so far!!
Maybe next year I will see you on a trail ride in Arkansas or here in Missouri. I will just keep an eye out for Hank!

[url]http://s1004.photobucket.com/albums/af162/Todd_Palmquist/LakeOzark-YJ%20build/[/url]
[CENTER]
[B]BUILT- NOT- BOUGHT[/B]
Member #440[/CENTER]
Lakeozark-YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #70
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeozark-YJ View Post
Keep up the thread and keep the pics coming! Nice job so far!!
Maybe next year I will see you on a trail ride in Arkansas or here in Missouri. I will just keep an eye out for Hank!
Thanks Lakeozark, I will look for you on a trail sometime, sounds good.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 10-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #71
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Pics of my CB install: I installed the antenna and drilled a hole in the fender well from inside the jeep between the role bar and rear quarter panel then routed the coax down through the hole and out from under the bottom of the tail light. I used a small round chainsaw file to cut a small groove under the tail light for the cable to lay in. This option left me little coax cable that could get snagged on the trail. I mounted the box for the radio up under the dash and ran the power through the fire wall straight to the battery. I may redo this later and actually run it to the fuse box. I mounted the CB/Mic unit to the center top of the windshield. I didn't want to drill holes in my dash so I used one of the existing holes on the loop at the top of the windshield. Only one screw in the mount right now but seems to hold really well. The fewer holes I have to drill the better I like things so I try to make use of what existing screws that I can.

Antenna Mount, I thought mounting it this way would offer some protection to limbs and snags.

Coax Routing

Control Box and External Speaker
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-08-2010, 10:40 PM   #72
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well I haven't been out here in a while. I have just been enjoying driving the heep for a while without working on it much.

I did rotate the tires today and noticed some huge wheel weights on the inside of both the rear wheels. The front did not have but one little square weight on one of them. I have never seen tires balanced like this before and was just wanting to get some opinions and see if this is the norm for large tires. Here are some pics of what I am talking about. This is the back side of the wheels.

Why would they put such a pile of weights on opposite sides of a wheel, looks like one is counter balancing the other.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-08-2010, 10:45 PM   #73
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

bent wheels, shifted belts.

thats the only 2 reasons for soo much weight.

mudders balance funny normally tho, id scrape that crap off and go have em re balanced.
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 07:01 PM   #74
JunkJeep228
1994 XJ Cherokee 

That is by far the most weights i've ever seen added to wheels to balance them. Cheaper tires usually don't balance well, not saying thats what you have. Like said previously, mudders balance horribly, i've had some balanced, taken it out wheelin, cleaned off the mudd and had them re balanced and the weights were put in totaly different places. Now i wont even bother getting mudd terrain tires balanced and dont even notice a difference.
Unread 12-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #75
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkJeep228 View Post
That is by far the most weights i've ever seen added to wheels to balance them. Cheaper tires usually don't balance well, not saying thats what you have. Like said previously, mudders balance horribly, i've had some balanced, taken it out wheelin, cleaned off the mudd and had them re balanced and the weights were put in totaly different places. Now i wont even bother getting mudd terrain tires balanced and dont even notice a difference.
Yes I have never seen anything like it either. When I rotated the tires the two with all the weights are now on the front and I drove it down the highway and it rode and drove fine. (except for the worn out tie rod end that I found). No I don't think they were cheap tires, Firestone Destination MT's, atleast the bill for them didn't appear cheap. Maybe my wheels are bent but when they installed the tires they sure didn't say anything about them.
My-95-YJ Build Thread

Tags
arkansas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.