My 95 YJ SLOOOW Build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My 95 YJ SLOOOW Build

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 09-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #46
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkJeep228 View Post
Your doing a fine job of defeminizing the pink jeep, just tell people the red paint faded! You had me wondering reading the first page of this, the window tint, the dash lights, and how clean it was, but your really pullin through making it into a 4x4 i'd be proud to own.
Thanks, my wife still threatens me with the bumper sticker "Barbie called, She wants her jeep back". I just know that I am going to find that stuck on the back of it one day.

3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #47
JunkJeep228
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Thats hilarious. See, you just have to find humor in it then its ok.
Unread 09-29-2010, 07:16 PM   #48
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrankoff View Post
Let me be the first one to say it. I believe the color of this Jeep is IMPACT ORANGE.

In 1995 they released a Rio Grande edition. One of the colors was Impact Orange.

Here are 2 different Jeeps with the same color

However this is really confusing me because the rest of the Jeep resembles a standard 95 Wrangler.

The lowest tier of the dash is unfamiliar and looks entirely out of place. The seats are not the same.

The JEEP lettering on the outside is a different color and the stickers on the back are different...

All signs point them being different but the color is unmistakable! Don't be discouraged by the slight differences- the paint color actually looks like 3 different colors. In different light situations it appears to be multiple colors.
I'm confuuusseddd
Yeah, I am actually starting to like the color a little more. Through my research I have been led to believe it is Bright Mango. It is a SE model but I am still not certain. As long as I don't hear "there goes that pink jeep" I will be fine.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 09-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #49
Phrankoff
2006 WK 

I have got to say, I really like what you did to it
I was thinking the exact thing you have been on track of doing- blacking most of it out. I was considering a black soft top, black roll bar covers, painting the dash.. its just a lot of spice-colored things to blackout!

i really like the look of the 4""RC with those 33s. how much did did the whole thing cost you as far as the lift goes. ie: tires/wheels/leaf lift kit/ body lift/brake lines/ misc. add-ons.

my original plan was 1"BL with 2.5" lift on 31"s..
but this thread has got me HIGHLY considering the 4" lift after seeing this.

AWESOME job!
Phrankoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #50
JunkJeep228
1994 XJ Cherokee 

A lift is like a boob job. Most who go only a size or so just want to keep going bigger, those who go huge love it and never look back.
Unread 09-29-2010, 08:19 PM   #51
1993BlackYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Let me know when you have Jeep day, maybe I cant sneak over with mine and take a look at all the others.
1971 CJ5 "Dorothy" 225 Dauntless V6
1993 Black YJ 4.0L, 5 speed, Posi-Loc, 35x12.50 MTZ, 4" Skyjacker lift, Ramsey 8500 Winch, OBA, Front Aussie Locked, 8.8 ARB Rear, 4.10s

[SIZE="3"][B][B]My 93 Build Thread Over 700pics :[/B] [COLOR="Red"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-1st-jeep-build-1993yj-938195/[/url][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][B][B]My 71 "Dorothy" Build Thread Lots of pics :[/B] [COLOR="Red"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/1971-cj5-dorothy-1122276/[/url][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE="3"]My 53 CJ-3B "Ray" Build[/SIZE][/B]:[SIZE="3"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/1953-cj-b3-ray-1268717/#post12217917[/url][/SIZE]]

[B][I]Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior[/I][/B]
1993BlackYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2010, 09:49 PM   #52
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrankoff View Post
I have got to say, I really like what you did to it
I was thinking the exact thing you have been on track of doing- blacking most of it out. I was considering a black soft top, black roll bar covers, painting the dash.. its just a lot of spice-colored things to blackout!

i really like the look of the 4""RC with those 33s. how much did did the whole thing cost you as far as the lift goes. ie: tires/wheels/leaf lift kit/ body lift/brake lines/ misc. add-ons.

my original plan was 1"BL with 2.5" lift on 31"s..
but this thread has got me HIGHLY considering the 4" lift after seeing this.

AWESOME job!
Thanks Prankoff,

I am not sure what I have in all of it but the tires are one of the biggest expenses. Probably if you are starting if a good sound stock size jeep, $1500 to $2000 should get you there for pretty much everything on the lift and tires. But it all depends on what brand of lift you go with, price varies a lot from RC, Skyjacker, Rubicon Express, etc.. just to name a few. I went with RC for a couple of reasons, I am not a hard wheeler, price, didn't really know any better etc.. But I have to admit so far I have no complaints about it. Seems to be holding up well for me.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 09-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #53
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993BlackYJ View Post
Let me know when you have Jeep day, maybe I cant sneak over with mine and take a look at all the others.
I will sure let you know, we haven't settled in on a day of the month yet. I think we are holding off until we get moved to our new location and we are going to have dedicated Jeep Parking on those days.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 09-30-2010, 01:25 PM   #54
SloppyJoseph
1993 YJ Wrangler 

HEY I finally found your build thread. I'm going to try my hand at the hard top painting this weekend. Im sure it will go okay. Im going to do the inside also. That white really gets my goat.

Do you think the clear is required? I've never had good luck with clear spray. I wonder if it makes it tougher or not. Actually I just looked at the picture and it says it's UV resistant so I think im going to use it.

And how many cans did it take you of the clear and black?

[FONT="Arial"]SkyJacker 4" lift, 32" BFG M/T's, Smittybilt Rocker guards, XRC Front bumper, XRC 8 Winch and bikini top, KC Fogs and Warn Driving lights, M.O.R.E. 5/8" Boom Shackles, Rugged Ridge HD Steering, Rhino Lined, SkyJacker Hydro Shocks and Steering Stablizer, Bestop Seats, MCE Front Fenders [/FONT]
SloppyJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 05:16 PM   #55
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloppyJoseph View Post
HEY I finally found your build thread. I'm going to try my hand at the hard top painting this weekend. Im sure it will go okay. Im going to do the inside also. That white really gets my goat.

Do you think the clear is required? I've never had good luck with clear spray. I wonder if it makes it tougher or not. Actually I just looked at the picture and it says it's UV resistant so I think im going to use it.

And how many cans did it take you of the clear and black?
I think I purchased 4 of the black and 2 of the clear and I know I had a can or two of black left over. I just figured what I didn't use here I would use on something else on the heep. I painted my fender flares, nerf bars, and a few other misc things with it.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 10-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #56
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have been having a lot of rattles in the dash area so I decided to drop the windshield. I never found anything that answered the rattles but did have a couple of small surprises.

A plastic necklace and a peppermint from Sonic.

My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 10-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #57
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Playing on a dirt pile in the yard and took some flex shots.

My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 10-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #58
JunkJeep228
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Oh, yeah. Is it rubbing? U should put on a 7"or 8" body lift!
Unread 10-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #59
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkJeep228 View Post
Oh, yeah. Is it rubbing? U should put on a 7"or 8" body lift!
It rubs a little in the rear, but actually not as bad as it appears. Maybe not 7 or 8 inches but possibly 1" and some different flares eventually. If I let these rub and tear them up the my wife will agree that I need some new ones.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 10-05-2010, 08:47 PM   #60
deliriousnomad
1995 YJ Wrangler 

hey great looking Jeep ! build is coming along well...
me personally I wouldn't touch that paint! I love it! a rare color and looks like it is in great shape! the black is awesome...

...I just subscribed to this thread again keep it up!
deliriousnomad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arkansas

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.