My 95 YJ SLOOOW Build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My 95 YJ SLOOOW Build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-10-2010, 10:10 PM   #31
gixxerphil
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
Here is a link to the not so good write-up I did when I built it.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-100-a-762868/

It was really simple, but it is not perfect. It is a little difficult for one person to guide the top, keep it balanced and operate the winch at the same time. MY wife helps me when I use it and it works very well with 2 people.
thanks for the link
good looking jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
can you get a good pic of your muff set up ?
gixxerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 10:18 PM   #32
jeepinvader
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer_phil View Post
thanks for the link
good looking jeep
Very good lookin. I thought mine looked nice when I bought it, but wow, that's clean. Nice build.
Unread 08-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #33
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer_phil View Post
thanks for the link
good looking jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinvader View Post
Very good lookin. I thought mine looked nice when I bought it, but wow, that's clean. Nice build.
Thanks guys, if I can just keep #$)#! from breaking on it so that I can drive it a little bit I would enjoy it much better. I am gaining on it though, I put today on the calendar and my wife said she would not ride in it again until I drove it atleast 30 days without incident since it left us on the side of the road again this morning from a broken idler pulley and serp belt.

30 days and counting!!
3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #34
dropped74
1998 ZJ 

I would bust your chops about the color but mine is TURQUOISE?!?!
Unread 08-12-2010, 12:28 AM   #35
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropped74 View Post
I would bust your chops about the color but mine is TURQUOISE?!?!
Well my pink is temporary, I just can't make up my mind on what color I want. I think some sort of gunmetal color, or a really deep mossy oak cammo.

Turquoise isn't bad, I don't think I will paint mine that color, but it beats pink!!
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 08-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #36
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Wheelin 20 Aug 2010

Well everyone always tells me it is way to clean, so I solved that this afternoon. The wife and I went out and found a mud hole with no bottom in it. Got to try out the winch also. I had to call my daughter off her date to go home, get my truck so that I would have something to winch to, there was nothing around us.

Lesson learned, I will never get in mud like that again without the hard top on. Didn't bother me or my wife, but I think it is a little hard on the dash and everything else to have to dig the mud out of it.

My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 08-21-2010, 12:26 AM   #37
fitbmxseries1
1987 YJ Wrangler 

mud and me have a love hate relationship, i love driving it in but i hate cleaning it up. I cant belive how clean that thing is when you had the fenderflares off. and its looking awesome after all the upgrades. I think you should leave it that color and paint the rims a dark gunmetal grey. Its gotta be fun when people call it pink you say NOPE its Bright Mango then you get a strange look.
fitbmxseries1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #38
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Finally got my Rhino Liner sprayed in. I had a mis-communication with the guy and he did not do the role bars up to the pads like I wanted, but I like it anyway. I did have him spray it over the edge where doors and hardtop ride.

All pics were taken with Cell Phone, I plan on getting some better ones when I get a chance.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 09-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #39
06camarodude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
Ya know; you really know how to hit a man where it hurts right off the bat. I almost did not buy this jeep because I thought that it looked a little pink also. The first thing I did was research this color and it is known as Bright Mango. I have seen a couple more the same color locally but I assure you there are not many. At some point I probably will get it repainted but haven't decided on a color yet that will really set off the black highlights and still be unique.

Besides, I am in touch with my man hood, and drive it with honor!!

You are right, it is currently way to clean, did that to get the windows tinted, hated to take them a mud ball to work with.
You should stop painting things black, paint them a darker grey, then it will make it look like there's something wrong with your camera

Jeep looks great, keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsapo View Post
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Matthew 7:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTJer View Post
That's a pretty decent crawl ratio, tell Matthew congrats. :2thumbsup:
06camarodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #40
1993BlackYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep Looks great ! Cant wait to see it in person
1971 CJ5 "Dorothy" 225 Dauntless V6
1993 Black YJ 4.0L, 5 speed, Posi-Loc, 35x12.50 MTZ, 4" Skyjacker lift, Ramsey 8500 Winch, OBA, Front Aussie Locked, 8.8 ARB Rear, 4.10s

[SIZE="3"][B][B]My 93 Build Thread Over 700pics :[/B] [COLOR="Red"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-1st-jeep-build-1993yj-938195/[/url][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][B][B]My 71 "Dorothy" Build Thread Lots of pics :[/B] [COLOR="Red"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/1971-cj5-dorothy-1122276/[/url][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE="3"]My 53 CJ-3B "Ray" Build[/SIZE][/B]:[SIZE="3"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/1953-cj-b3-ray-1268717/#post12217917[/url][/SIZE]]

[B][I]Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior[/I][/B]
1993BlackYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #41
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Devils Den Arkansas wheelin pics from 18 Sep 2010.

Great time, can't wait to find time to do it again.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 09-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #42
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Process for painting hard top:

My top was in pretty good shape, it was just the wrong color for my liking.

I used the green scotch brite pads that can be purchased at Wal-Mart and scrubbed the top really good, roughing it up so the paint would adhere well. I blew all the dust off with air. Then I cleaned it with a degreaser, I think it was simple green and water. I went over it one more time with the scotch brite on any areas I was not happy with and cleaned the top again. Let it dry really well and then I tapped off all the parts that I did not want to get paint on. I cleaned it a final time with just a damp rag of simple green and water to remove any possible finger grease etc that I may have gotten on it.

I used the following paints on it with no primer, the Hammered Rustoleum does not require primer. (I am not a painter, so I don't know if it would be preferred to use primer or not).

I applied about 4 coats of the black allowing it to dry between coats and then applied two coats of the clear coat to seal it.

This has almost been two years now and it has held up very well. Besides it will not be hard to touch up when the time comes.

I know my build thread is a little out of sequence but I am not the best at taking pics or updating this thing. It sort of just happens when it happens.

Sloppy, this isn't much to go off of but maybe it helps a little. Oh yeah, the spray nozzle for the rattle cans is a must, your fingers will fall off if you don't get one.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 09-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #43
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep Pics taken today at work, 3 different generations of Jeeps, TJ, YJ, CJ. We are going to start having a monthly jeep day where everyone I work with that have jeeps drive them in and line them up (any model). I will update when we do it, I think there will be possibly up to 10 or so.

My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 09-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #44
JunkJeep228
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Your doing a fine job of defeminizing the pink jeep, just tell people the red paint faded! You had me wondering reading the first page of this, the window tint, the dash lights, and how clean it was, but your really pullin through making it into a 4x4 i'd be proud to own.
Unread 09-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #45
Phrankoff
2006 WK 

Let me be the first one to say it. I believe the color of this Jeep is IMPACT ORANGE.

In 1995 they released a Rio Grande edition. One of the colors was Impact Orange.

Here are 2 different Jeeps with the same color

However this is really confusing me because the rest of the Jeep resembles a standard 95 Wrangler.

The lowest tier of the dash is unfamiliar and looks entirely out of place. The seats are not the same.

The JEEP lettering on the outside is a different color and the stickers on the back are different...

All signs point them being different but the color is unmistakable! Don't be discouraged by the slight differences- the paint color actually looks like 3 different colors. In different light situations it appears to be multiple colors.
I'm confuuusseddd
Phrankoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arkansas

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.