My 95 YJ SLOOOW Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My 95 YJ SLOOOW Build

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Ki

Unread 06-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #16
cj7Sswampers
1982 CJ7 

i am copying the throttle idea. it looks awesome, but i would imagine it would take some practise

Unread 06-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #17
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Actually the hand throttle comes very natural. I find myself using it as much as the foot throttle but where it really comes in handy is taking off on steep hills in traffic, or while in 4Lo going over rough terrain where you can't hardly hold your foot steady. It is much easier to hold your hand steady.
3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #18
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus87gn View Post
Labs are camera hams! They love attention. My wife rescued a yellow female off the side of the road not long ago and she had 10 black and chocolate puppies! They are good dogs except fot that they like to dig.
We were fortunate that Hank was just getting over his shewing stage and he has actually never been a digger. I have seen some holes that labs have dug, and they can be good at it. Hank is a house dog now and he thinks he owns us. He pretty much goes everywhere with me (that dogs are excepted anyway) and is a very well mannered dog. He will not get out of a vehicle until I tell him to get out. I even had him gong to the kitchen and opening the fridge with his mouth and bringing me water bottles until he broke the fridge door.. He doesn't know his own strength sometimes and gets a little carried away.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 06-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #19
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well today I decided to take the flares and nerf bars off and hit them with a coat of rustoleum hammered black paint. My flares were very rough feeling, like the sun has taken it's toll on them. They were faded out and beat up looking. The nerf bars had seen there share of dings from rocks flying up and hitting them and were also faded out.

Flares, one set painted the other set not painted yet. It took a couple of hours of sanding to get them smoothed up but I think they are going to turn out fine.

Nerf Bars after I painted them, they were installed by PO and are only going to remain on here until I get some sliders (some day).

I think the heep looks good with nothing on it..
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 02-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #20
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Back In Business

I just got home from a 6 month stent in GTMO Cuba and it sure felt good to drive the YJ yesterday for the first time. Installed a XRC 10 winch today, I think I am going to be pleased with it. Other then lifting the heavy thing around, the install was a snap. (Pics to come maybe tomorrow).

Anyone with some winching words of wisdom I would appreciate it. I have never actually operated one. Do I need to re-wind the cable or anything, grease the cable etc. before actually using this thing???
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 02-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #21
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ok, I finally found some 4:11 geared axles out of a 2.5 93 yj that I plan on getting this weekend. I also ordered my aussie locker for the D30. I get the axles, get the locker installed, swap out parts from my old axles to the new ones like brakes, rotors, calipers U-Joints etc. as needed then roll the axles under it, re-weld my perch mounts to eliminate my 10 degree shims. Soon as that is done I am going to get 33's and new wheels installed. I will then shoot for building my swing out tire carrier. This spring I am going to strip the inside down and have the tub rhino lined. That should just about get me to where I want to be for a little while. It will be time to take a break from building and start enjoying.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 02-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #22
jsahara24
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I cant help you on the winch operation, but everythign else looks good! I bet you're going to like those gears, thats the next thing I need to do...
Unread 02-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #23
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

XRC10 Winch Installed Pics.

My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 08-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #24
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

It's been a while since I updated anything out here. I have been fighting what I thought was an electrical grimlin that took about a year to figure it all out and 2 ECM's (or should I say one replacement and 2 additional repairs under warranty) several hundred dollars in parts that I probably didn't need but now it is fixed and running. I rewarded myself with a set of new tires today. Destination M/T's , 33X 12.50's. I took the stock spare tire carrier off, and cleaned the old thing up a little bit.

I must say that it doesn't do as bad as I thought with the bigger tires and stock 3.07 gearing. It is not good, don't get me wrong, but not as bad as expected. I will be working in the new axles later.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 08-09-2010, 11:35 PM   #25
88blkyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

wow man shes look amazing...and I hear ya on the stokck gearing and 33s haha...
88blkyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 05:37 AM   #26
Roadyy

1994 YJ Wrangler 

That thing is starting to look beastly. Once you get the 4.10 gears in you will think its night and day in difference..
Roadyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 05:44 AM   #27
gixxerphil
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i know this is way off topic but could you please explain how you did the hard top lift. i park my jeep under the same type of car port and would like to be able to do my top like that rather than put it on the ground.

phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
can you get a good pic of your muff set up ?
gixxerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #28
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer_phil View Post
i know this is way off topic but could you please explain how you did the hard top lift. i park my jeep under the same type of car port and would like to be able to do my top like that rather than put it on the ground.

phil
Here is a link to the not so good write-up I did when I built it.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-100-a-762868/

It was really simple, but it is not perfect. It is a little difficult for one person to guide the top, keep it balanced and operate the winch at the same time. MY wife helps me when I use it and it works very well with 2 people.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 08-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #29
Matt The Hammer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

As someone who has dropped his hard top in the driveway (I'm getting old), I can appreciate the hoist.

Something ironic about a Marine (toughest people in the world) driving a self proclaimed "mango" Jeep.

Nice work too.
Unread 08-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #30
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Looks awesome. I'm glad you kept us updated.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arkansas

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.