My 95 YJ SLOOOW Build - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My 95 YJ SLOOOW Build

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 12-30-2011, 07:01 AM   #136
1993BlackYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
Chad I am going to start stripping the 8.8 down to clean and paint.. Noticed in your thread that you had to pull the axles to change your emergency brake pads.. Can you tell me why that is?? Just looking it doesn't appear that you would need to do that.. I remember reading where they said it is dangerous to pull them without pulling axle but I guess I just don't see the danger area. A couple small springs and some clips and they should come off around the end of the axle.

Just curious, I really don't think I need to take them off, they are in good shape but in case I break one like you did I would like to know.. More curious than anything.

:
It only took about 15mins to remove the c-clips and pull the axles... It was a breeze to replace the pads then. I guess it just looked easier to do it that way. There isnt much room to work with the axles in there. Mine was the same, they didn't look like they needed replacing, but since I was in there why not.

1971 CJ5 "Dorothy" 225 Dauntless V6
1993 Black YJ 4.0L, 5 speed, Posi-Loc, 35x12.50 MTZ, 4" Skyjacker lift, Ramsey 8500 Winch, OBA, Front Aussie Locked, 8.8 ARB Rear, 4.10s

[SIZE="3"][B][B]My 93 Build Thread Over 700pics :[/B] [COLOR="Red"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-1st-jeep-build-1993yj-938195/[/url][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][B][B]My 71 "Dorothy" Build Thread Lots of pics :[/B] [COLOR="Red"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/1971-cj5-dorothy-1122276/[/url][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE="3"]My 53 CJ-3B "Ray" Build[/SIZE][/B]:[SIZE="3"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/1953-cj-b3-ray-1268717/#post12217917[/url][/SIZE]]

[B][I]Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior[/I][/B]
1993BlackYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #137
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
You should put a spartan lunchbox locker in your d30 when you regear it. Talk to Discount Winchline about one. His name is billy and he is the VP of the arkansas crawlers. His user name on jeepforum is scuba jeepster.
Well I have an Aussie in there now that I plan on keeping.. I understand there is not a lot of difference in the two. I like the Aussie so far, works well.
3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 04:55 PM   #138
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptwhaler View Post
I have been looking at some sliders like that, don't really need them other than the fact I like the way they look. This is probably a dumb question, but are they load supporting as a step? Or are they just for protection?
Not sure I understand your question but if you are asking if you can step on them and as you enter and exit the jeep, well I think a Bull Elephant could do a dance on the step, jeep may not like it but the step will not care. These things are tough as nails and built really well.

The step is much higher than my original nerf bars I had on there so it is taking some getting use to but I think it is just because I was use to stepping much lower when exiting the jeep. I don't use them when I get in the jeep (not that you can't use them, just find it easier to step over and hop in.)
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #139
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
Not sure I understand your question but if you are asking if you can step on them and as you enter and exit the jeep, well I think a Bull Elephant could do a dance on the step, jeep may not like it but the step will not care. These things are tough as nails and built really well.

The step is much higher than my original nerf bars I had on there so it is taking some getting use to but I think it is just because I was use to stepping much lower when exiting the jeep. I don't use them when I get in the jeep (not that you can't use them, just find it easier to step over and hop in.)
Do you find that the step/tube makes it harder to get in and out of the jeep? I feel stupid for not seeing that you had a Aussie locker sorry about that.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #140
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Do you find that the step/tube makes it harder to get in and out of the jeep? I feel stupid for not seeing that you had a Aussie locker sorry about that.
No problem on the locker..

When you get out of the jeep I step over it it with my left leg and then as I slide out of the seat I catch it with my right heel. Works pretty good, getting in it is just easier to step over it like it is not there. Just feels a little different from not being used to where the step is but I think that is just a matter of getting used to it.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 01-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #141
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Installed my Posi-lok today... Works great at least what little I played with it in the yard after installing it..

Tried wallering the hole out a little with a 1/2 bit, didn't have a 5/8 but finally had to break down and go get one to make the hole big enough..

Location of button, 1993Blackyj was right, this is about the only place to put it unless you want it on the hump by the shifters..

Didn't take anymore photo's, I tend to get busy doing something and forget to snap pics.. Usually my hands are nasty and don't want to touch my phone anyway..
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 01-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #142
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Got a little work done on the 8.8 over the weekend..

Cut all the perches and mounts off

Stripped all the stuff off I don't need

Along with stuff I do need..

Calipers don't look bad, I will probably give them a try but if I get any problems I will replace them..

My wife doing a great job of wire brushing on the 8.8.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 01-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #143
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Another project I have going on, bought another tractor this summer and the ROPS is about 2" to tall to go into my shop so I thought I would shorten it some before I take out my shop door header with it.. I like to be able to go in and out to lift things and move heavy stuff within my shop..

It fits in really nice like this, but I will take the top part to work and weld a bracket so that it folds up and down with a pin. Also will cut about 2" off the top part first so it fits in the shop in the up position..

Also added a tool box to the tractor.. Very Handy..
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 01-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #144
mrtom101
1995 YJ Wrangler 

What kind of bumper is that?
mrtom101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #145
Toxic94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

that thing looks awesome!
Toxic94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #146
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtom101 View Post
What kind of bumper is that?
Not real sure, I think it is the older style Smitty Built, bought them new from a local shop with no tags or brand names on them, they didn't know for sure what they were. They just new they would fit a YJ and I got a deal on them. I think if I had it to do over again I would have gone with more of a flat steel type bumper, a little heavier made. But no more hard core wheelin then I do they will be fine.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 01-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #147
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic94 View Post
that thing looks awesome!
Thanks Toxic94, appreciate the compliment..
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 01-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #148
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Here is another project we have been working on, Daughters TJ.. Over the holidays it has gotten a 2" BDS springs and shocks, new brakes, painted flares, painted hard top and 31X10.50's on Black Steel Wheels.

Pics right after we bought the TJ

Pics Taken today

Pics taken during the work..

]

I think she likes it, she is gone GeoCaching with Boyfriend in it right now..
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #149
SandyMushYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

She's getting her hands dirty on it too. Good job.
Unread 01-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #150
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyMushYJ View Post
She's getting her hands dirty on it too. Good job.
Yes she did, it was a proud day for me...
My-95-YJ Build Thread

Tags
arkansas

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.