My 95 YJ SLOOOW Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My 95 YJ SLOOOW Build

Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday SaNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

My 95 YJ SLOOOW Build

Well this will be a slow build based on money and time but I thought I would start a thread to track it all with.

As if was when purchased - 95 YJ bought in Dec 08 almost stock. Has add a leaf stock spring packs, 4.0 I6, manual shift, 31X10.50 tires, chrome wheels, no rust what so ever, stock interior with A/C, carpet, original seats, hardtop, softtop, bikini top, stock bumpers.

Mods to date - Rattle canned hardtop paint job, hand throttle, bug shield, black head light bezels, tinted windows, new front brakes (rotors, pads, calipers) and LED dash lights on order.

Plans - 3.5" BDS lift, Brandon Boom 1" lift, 1" BL, 33 or 35" tires, black wheels, driving and fog lights, front and rear bumper upgrade with winch, D30 Aussie Locker, rock sliders and loose the nerf bars, and long term if needed axle upgrades to 8.8.

Below is pics from today - Just got windows tinted.

Passenger Side

Front View

Drivers Side

Rear View

Hand Throttle

Interior

Hand Throttle Tie In

Engine Compartment

Let me know what you think and any new ideas. I am headed for the blackout plan, all black but the body color.

3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #2
Brads_nky_yj

Your jeep looks pink and is WAAAAYYYY to clean. Get it dirty.
Unread 03-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #3
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ya know; you really know how to hit a man where it hurts right off the bat. I almost did not buy this jeep because I thought that it looked a little pink also. The first thing I did was research this color and it is known as Bright Mango. I have seen a couple more the same color locally but I assure you there are not many. At some point I probably will get it repainted but haven't decided on a color yet that will really set off the black highlights and still be unique.

Besides, I am in touch with my man hood, and drive it with honor!!

You are right, it is currently way to clean, did that to get the windows tinted, hated to take them a mud ball to work with.
My-95-YJ Build Thread

Last edited by HanksRide; 03-05-2009 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: punctiuation
Unread 03-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #4
Nates93yj
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

pink and you want to change the colors. it looks amazing. good luck with the build. i wish i could have bought my jeep that clean the term HEEP really comes to life when i look at mine.
1993 Jeep Wrangler Nates93yj BuildSOLD
Nates93yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well just got the led dash bulbs installed (red) only 3 problems when finished. I broke the twist lock on the one to the heater, tried to superglue it and I think it held but that light is not burning for some reason. Also must have missed a bulb on the speedometer, the top left half is red but the mileage and the bottom right side is still white. I guess I will tear back into it in a few days, first I am going to try to find another twist lock for the heater controls.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 03-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #6
jakechristina
1991 YJ Wrangler 

"BRIGHT MANGO" I thought it just needed a good waxing! very clean though.
jakechristina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2009, 09:19 AM   #7
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Should be a good build, by the way black out effect looks really good when done right
1993 YJ 4" RE lift, 1/2" shackles, AA SYE Kit, 33x12.50 Trxus M/T, Warn bumbers front and rear, Warn M8000 winch, 4 Hella fog lights, Magnaflow cat, flowmaster muffler with no tailpipe, herced tub, tj flares

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

My Rigrator score 535RRv1.0 BOA 25
93jeepREDSOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #8
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Wahooooo I found bumpers today that I liked and got a great deal on them also.

I have installed 2 130Watt day lighters on the windshield and also installed my front and rear bumpers, replaced a broken taillight, finished my LED dash lights, installed a 6 speaker sound bar and replaced my dim headlights with bright ones.

Funds are drained, but I feel the 3 to 4" susp lift, 1" BL, boom shackles and 33 X 12.50's next.

I will be leaving on a 6 month deployment this summer and hopefully can save the money then for all of the above. Like I said - slooooow build

New Bumpers

Hank Approves of his Ride

Also want to add FOG lights on bumper soon.

New Rear Bumper

The yellow lite covers are going, I ordered the black rock guards for them.

Let me know what you think ...
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 04-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #9
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

What is the largest diameter shackle that I can get my hands on. The holes in the front bumper are extremely large. Probably 1" or 1 1/8" anyway. Does anyone know where I can find some this large or what I can use as bushings to keep them from just flopping in the hole.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 06-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #10
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well I figured I needed to add some updates to this thing.. I have not been good about keeping it all up as I go.. As a matter a fact I found some pics of when I first bought the heep so this is going to get a little out of sequence.

Bought my YJ in DEC 08, and this is how it was then.

First Mud on the tires

When I first started working on it. It got new brakes all the way around, to include rotors, calipers, wheel cylinders, pads, shoes. It also got all fluid changed, filters, serp belt, plugs, plugwires, rotor bug, dist cap.

Rattle canned the hard top with Rustoleum Hammered Black. I must say it has held up well so far and I like the hammered look.

Built a homemade hard top lift in my shed for less then $100 that includes the hand winch. Works Great

Next came the 4" RC lift..

SS front brake lines

After Lift Installed

I guess I better break this thing up in more then one post.. I think this one is getting long..
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 06-15-2009, 10:51 PM   #11
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

As you might can tell in the pics above, I also ripped all the carpet out. That was a plus as you will see later in this post.

Other mods I haven't mentioned is LED Red dash lights, new 6 speaker sound bar, and a rechargeable LED 4 Cell Mag light mounted beside the drivers seat.

Ok, more pics:

After the lift as most of you have probably read, I have had a huge problem with vibes.. Which has led to this: The install of a SYE and CC/DS

As you can tell from above I still have the wrong angles and a small vibe.. Plan now is to replace the 6* shims that came with the RC lift with 10* shims... According to Mr. Tom Woods and his wisdom that is what I need to correct my problem. This is a temp fix until I can get new axles and 4.10 gears installed. Then I will reweld the spring perches to fit properly.

I also installed 1" Brandon YJ booms.

Next I took it out wheelin this weekend, and this is the reason I am glad that I pulled the carpet out.. I dove off in a creek that I had been in several times before and now with 5" of lift, I thought no problem. But I didn't take into count the rain we have had lately. The creek was up and water filled the floor board and I thought was going to go over the hood and swamp the motor. It couldn't have been to far from the breather intake.

More wheelin pics

And that is pretty much where I am at, waiting on the 10* shims to show up. This will probably be the end of my build for awhile, at least until I get back from a deployment in about Feb 10.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 06-16-2009, 07:04 AM   #12
gsmith795
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I love a nice build thread with plenty of pics, keep up the good work!
gsmith795 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #13
zeus87gn
Automotive Neurosurgeon

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Nice ride there. Hank is one heck of a camera dog!

Don't think your build is going slow. Mine is even slower. I've had my heep 11 yrs now and only have just recently done the lift and trani swap. Kids will suck your money dry!

Good luck and keep your head down!!

"Man has not yet evolved an inch from the primordial slime that spawned him." Mark Blankfield, Jekyll & Hyde... Together again

Holley Carb thread
zeus87gn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2009, 05:21 PM   #14
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus87gn View Post
Nice ride there. Hank is one heck of a camera dog!

Don't think your build is going slow. Mine is even slower. I've had my heep 11 yrs now and only have just recently done the lift and trani swap. Kids will suck your money dry!

Good luck and keep your head down!!
Yeah, I did get a little a head of the game plan.. But it has come to a screeching halt now for a while.

And yes Hank loves cameras, he is a one of a kind, best dog I have ever owned!! On top of that he was a stray, I ran him off for a week before I decided to keep him..
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 06-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #15
zeus87gn
Automotive Neurosurgeon

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
Yeah, I did get a little a head of the game plan.. But it has come to a screeching halt now for a while.

And yes Hank loves cameras, he is a one of a kind, best dog I have ever owned!! On top of that he was a stray, I ran him off for a week before I decided to keep him..
Labs are camera hams! They love attention. My wife rescued a yellow female off the side of the road not long ago and she had 10 black and chocolate puppies! They are good dogs except fot that they like to dig.

"Man has not yet evolved an inch from the primordial slime that spawned him." Mark Blankfield, Jekyll & Hyde... Together again

Holley Carb thread
zeus87gn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
arkansas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.