My 95 YJ progress - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My 95 YJ progress

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 06-15-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

My 95 YJ progress

I geuss this will be a progress thread for my YJ...

This is when we first brought her home febuary of '08..

This the first mod i did on her,built a 2" schedule 40 pipe front bumper with cheep KC knock off type 100 watt lights and new bikini top..

Full steel doors and hardtop sprayed with Gator Gaurd II bedliner...

New rear bumper/tire carrier i built from schedule 40 pipe tied directly into the frame...

Now with the RC 4" lift,Hella 500FF lights with KC windsheild mounts from quadratec,removable doorless mirrors from quadratec,Tag fender flares(bushwacker knockoffs) and new bestop seats from quadratec on clearance sale for 124.00 each shipped to my door,these seats are REAL comfortable,and oh yea,a driver's seat frame from a 91 YJ that folds up like the passenger seat does too for better access to the back...

I trimmed the side steps to fit the flares real snug...

Good pic of the seats and mirrors..

Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
YeepieJeepie
1990 YJ Wrangler 

What color is this Jeep, silver? Looks good. You don't see that color on Jeeps very often.

[ ]||||||[ ]
||||||

YeepieJeepie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Its the PV1 code,which says Lt Pearlstone Mettalic,in person it looks more like a real light Gold Ghampaign Pearl color..i love the color,one of the main reasons i bought this one,because it was a different color than most jeeps.

I see your in NC,i bought this jeep off eBay from a guy in the charlotte area.
Unread 06-15-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
antec

vary nice job on those bumpers look darn good
antec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
phelan
1994 YJ Wrangler 

hey man, first off, the YJ looks GREAT. really nice job, especially those bumpers.

im looking to run windshield mounted lights and removable mirrors like you - what were the exact products you bought off q-tec?
phelan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
YeepieJeepie
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironworker709 View Post
Its the PV1 code,which says Lt Pearlstone Mettalic,in person it looks more like a real light Gold Ghampaign Pearl color..i love the color,one of the main reasons i bought this one,because it was a different color than most jeeps.
Nice. Looks like the PO took good care of it too.

Quote:
I see your in NC,i bought this jeep off eBay from a guy in the charlotte area.
You're lucky I didn't see it first!

[ ]||||||[ ]
||||||

YeepieJeepie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #7
93jeepyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Looks good, I like what you did with the stock side steps too.
93jeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2009, 05:11 PM   #8
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post
hey man, first off, the YJ looks GREAT. really nice job, especially those bumpers.

im looking to run windshield mounted lights and removable mirrors like you - what were the exact products you bought off q-tec?

The light brackets were KC HiLiTes Windshield Mount brackets..29.99
I was going to build my own but was ordering mirrors for the doors-off to make it legal while we're up here visiting, so i just ordered them and got it over with..

The Mirrors are Olympic 4X4 Products Safari Mirrors...59.99

I bought them online and just picked them up,we are on a vacation visiting family and freinds untill the 4th of july up here in Northeast Md and Newark Delaware area ,which is just 40 minutes from Quadratec's warehouse in West Chester Pa.
We'll also be going up to Altoona Pa to visit more family and freinds,I trailered the Jeep with us behind my 2000 F250 4x4 powerstroke diesel i just bought recently,done a GREAT job.

Thanks for all the nice complimants,this is just a start,but good for this summer.
This winter I'm thinkin .....8.8 rear with disc brakes,dana 44 front with disc brakes from a 76 bronco i have laying around,351w automatic with the EFI and computer from a ford truck and maybe new paint.
Same color as it is,just looking to make it brand new when done all these mods,figured i might as well while i have it all tore down for these mods.
Unread 06-15-2009, 07:44 PM   #9
WranglerRush
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I love your YJ man. That silver looks really good. It makes me want to get a silver jeep haha. Those bumpers are probably up there with the most bad *** looking bumpers I have ever seen. Are they as strong as big name brands?
Unread 06-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #10
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'd put em up against ANY big name brand bumpers......
Schedule 40 pipe welded full 100% penetration E7018 stick....
The rear bumper has already hauled many loads on my 8x16' car trailer,including a 6000# truck,even though the 2.5 was screaming at me sayin"HELLLLLLPPPP!"..lol

My thread when i built the rear bumper....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/yj-rear-bumper-tire-carrier-build-back-yard-649254/
Unread 02-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #11
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just updating this thread.
Now have a 10,000 lb Runva winch with a 1/2" 94' synthetic line on it,home fabbed winch plate from 1/4" angle and plate.

New tires and rims,a set of 15x8 American Racing rims i got used and a set of new 32x11.50x15 Hankook DynaPro M/T's,i love em,great in the mud and snow and very quiet for M/T's on the highway and look real aggresive

Pics of the RARE snow we got the other night in Ga....

She just keeps gettin better and better...

Gettin a 4.0 throttle body tomorrow for a lil better throttle response on the 'mighty 2.5 auto'...lol

Did the computer fix last weekend too,3 new capacitors and 6.00 and now starts and runs better than it ever did.

Been thinkin of 4.88 gears,8.8 rear and beef the front dana 30 up a bit too as the next upgrade.

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Unread 02-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #12
ROADDOG516
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Great looking Jeep, I like those wheel fenders, did you have to cut the wheel wells or are they just bolt ons with no trimming? I like them and want to get em too, where did you buy them?
2013 JKU Sahara
ROADDOG516 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2010, 10:25 AM   #13
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADDOG516 View Post
Great looking Jeep, I like those wheel fenders, did you have to cut the wheel wells or are they just bolt ons with no trimming? I like them and want to get em too, where did you buy them?
They bolt on(actualy screws),you have to line up the flares where you want them and then drill small holes on the fenders,then screw them on.
I got them off of eBay last year,the guy still sells them,they are called TAG fender flares,these are just like Bushwacker flares but 1/2 the price,i paid 200.00 for them,not sure what they are now.
I didn;t cut the wheel wells YET,but i will here in the next few days since i can clearly see with these new bigger tires they will rub in the back wheel wells if i do any serious flexing.
Thanks for the compliment!

I found them for you,189.00 with 35.00 shipping...Jeep Wrangler YJ Pocket Fender Flares by TAG : eBay Motors (item 320486903968 end time Feb-17-10 22:55:02 PST)

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Unread 02-14-2010, 10:25 AM   #14
CreepyCrawler95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

good lookin jeep. whoever had that before took uber care of it. always a poistive to start a build with a fresh jeep
CreepyCrawler95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #15
HayWrangler
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Looks great I have a question though,

are your tail lights upside down? Or maybe mine are?

Edit - never mind I've lost my mind lol
HayWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.