My 93YJ Build with pics (plus some wheeling) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My 93YJ Build with pics (plus some wheeling)

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-30-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
nickstix
1993 YJ Wrangler 

My 93YJ Build/wheeling (updated with new pics 1/5/10)

I bought my 93 YJ off my uncle when I passed my road test. unfortunately I was in high school at the time and Im in college now so due to the lack of steady money flow its a fairly slow build but getting there.

This is how It sat when I got it

old rough country suspension (sagging)
old 31" all terrain tires on dented rusted rims
rusted front grill guard

I ditched the grill guard and replaced his lights with KC daylighters.
Had my first bad stuck with all 4 tires dug in, axles sitting on the ground, and pinned against a tree.

After digging and getting pulled out I finished my day.

Disconnected the sway bar and tested it out

Replaced the old suspension and put in a 4" BDS suspension lift.

Bought myself some Ion Alloy rims and Mickey Thompson 33x12.5 MTZs. Brought it to the local shop to get them mounted.

took it wheeling

got a new bumper for christmas and some new light covers.

messed around with the swaybar still connected

The 33's rubbec alot so I trimmed the fender flares. then disconnected the sway bar to go wheeling again. unfortunately no pics of the timmed fenders up close. you can somewhat see the trimmed flares in the next few pics.

took it wheeling in ice cold weather...got stuck in a deep rut on the right side while trying to push 6" thick ice out of the way

luckily I was pulled out fairly easily and rather quickly, but the cold weather led to one frozen muddy jeep. (there are mudsicles on it)

Ive got a Winch and another set of daylighters in the mail and on the way, will put up pics when installed. Also there is a possibility of either a body lift or shackle lift in the near future (just to add about another inch)

Last edited by nickstix; 01-05-2010 at 02:11 PM..
nickstix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2009, 11:51 PM   #2
Brian2o0o
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks good! TJ flares will give you a bigger opening in the wheel wells and probably help out your rubbing problem.
Unread 12-31-2009, 01:10 AM   #3
DirtyJeepBoy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, those wheels look good! Great choice on suspension, I've heard the best about BDS. Can't wait to see more pics..
[COLOR="darkgreen"]My Build:[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/dirty-jeep-boy-tj-build-w-pics-1054939/"]Dirty Jeep Boy -TJ Build w/ Pics[/URL]
BDS/BTF/MCE[/CENTER][/B]
DirtyJeepBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #4
nickstix
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Better pics of the trimmed fender flares...

Putting the winch together

ready to mount

2 new lights and winch mounted...
Unread 01-05-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
Ingle47
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Your Yj looks good keep it up
[COLOR="Black"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"]'05 Black WK Limited 4.7 /2" Daystar Poly/ rooftop tent/ cobra 29 ltb classic/ 265-75-17 Dynapro MTs/ Procomp 7" driving lights/ Saguaro switch panel/ 1.5" ws/ SuperChip/ [/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="Blue"]'99 Blue WJ 4.7 / Stock[/COLOR]

[COLOR="White"]'89 YJ 4.2 /SOA/ 35-12.50-15 Tsl/ Cobra 29 LTB Classic/ XRC8/ Tube Fenders/ Side Armor/ 8.8" rear/ 1.25 WS/ [/COLOR]
Ingle47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
nickstix
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Some future plans for my jeep, all depending on if I get a good job this summer after college lets out for the semester...

first things first...

Dana 44's for front and back, locked

then looking into getting some metal cloak arch front fenders and the metal cloak back corner guard and flares

then hopefully looking into getting 35's or possibly 36's depending on the room with the metal cloaks.

(if anyone can help me out with this, ill have a BDS 3.5"/4" lift with the metal cloak fenders and im not sure what size tire will fit with still having decent suspension travel)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.