My 93 YJ build - slow and low (COG) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My 93 YJ build - slow and low (COG)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 05-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #16
rmappelt
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoelessboi

I love them rocker panel guards. I want some of those lol.
Thanks...I think?

Well it was a semi-productive weekend. I had the day off last Friday and got the YJ registered. Then on Sunday I finally fixed the always on brake light. Just needed to adjust the brake switch. Then this morning I got it inspected on the way to work. It passed! So in celebration I drove it to work. The engine temp got a little higher than I like but didn't overheat. I guess I will try replacing the thermostat since that is pretty cheap.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-93-yj-build-slow-low-cog-1229470/"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Navy"]My build: OuraYJ[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
rmappelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #17
rmappelt
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well Saturday I did a few things on the YJ. I got the driver's side seat belt unbolted from the tub (left the top bolted to the roll bar). I proceeded to blow out as much of the dust as I could and then sprayed some grease on the roller mechanism. Works great now (it had been completely stuck). I decided to go ahead and do the passenger side as well. I probably ought to do the rear seat belts too.

I also installed a new thermostat with the help of my dad. I could have done it by myself but what is the fun in that? I installed a 180 degree thermostat (OEM is 195) along with a new gasket. The old gasket was kind of a pain to get off, but a lot of scraping managed to clean the surface up. Put in some more antifreeze and took my 2 year old daughter for a drive around the neighborhood and a stop at Sonic for a shake. The temp stayed around 182 degrees (line just below 210 on the temp gauge).

Today the kids hopped in and I dropped one off at day camp and the other off at day care. They both love riding in the Jeep with the Softopper on and all the windows zipped out. Then I drove to work. The temp stayed close the 180-190 most of the way. The last 5 minutes of the drive or so the temp started creeping up again. Got above the 210 mark and close to the 235 mark (next major tick). I'll check the fluid level before leaving work this afternoon and watch it over the next several days. I am wondering if I will need to replace the water pump and radiator to get the cooling system working better. I am pretty sure it is the original radiator and water pump. I don't ever remember having them replaced.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-93-yj-build-slow-low-cog-1229470/"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Navy"]My build: OuraYJ[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
Unread 08-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #18
rmappelt
1993 YJ Wrangler 

It has been a while since I checked into my own thread. This last weekend I finally put the hawse fairlead and synthetic rope on my winch. I didn't get any pictures but boy it sure does look good. The roller fairlead and wire rope we took off weighed a TON! Also took out the old stereo in preparation for some upcoming goodies and installed the CB radio antenna. We didn't get around to getting the CB installed though.

I dropped my YJ off at Baertrax yesterday to get a lot of work done and saw the pile of goodies that my money bought the week before. I also dropped off the XJ D44 (rear) and Rubi transfer case that have been sitting in my storage shed for a while. Josh (at Baertrax) said they had all the parts in except some of the brake parts (Savvy). Hopefully they get those in soon because I am headed out on vacation soon.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.