My 90 YJ Build Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > My 90 YJ Build Thread

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-01-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
WMiller13
1990 YJ Wrangler 

My 90 YJ Build Thread

I always lurk around the forum but never post much. I have learned an incredible amount and over two years of research this is what i came up with. Alot of the parts were bought used off this very forum.

3.5" BDS Springs
5/8" MORE Booms
1" Daystar Body Lift
JKS Discos and Telescoping track bar
Skidrow Engine Skid
Skyjacker Hydros
8.8 LSD, 4.10s, Discs completey rebuilt
D30 4.10s completely rebuilt
33x12.50 Sport Kings

Unfortunately i ran out of time with the body life so thats gonna have to wait a few weeks until school is over. So it still has the 3in body lift. I have a measurement of 28 1/4" at the rocker so i have no idea if he thought the springs were more lift then what they were or what.

Also the D30 was given to me and i had it completely rebuilt all new bearing seals and what not. But now my front driveshaft spins. I am pretty sure this is not supposed to be as it said it in the haynes manual. Anyone have any suggestions without pulling the cover. We think it might have a locker.

The rear shocks the sent me were entirely too long so i ended up just using the stock ones for now and it worked excellent.

Used the stock adapter off the explorer driveshaft and the conversion ujoint worked like a charm.

It rides and drives 100 times better then before. With the 4.10s it accelerated great on the highway and tracks pretty good even without the alignment yet.

Here are all the pictures if your interested in anymore.
http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/Jeep%20Lift/

Before

After

waiting: 1" daystar BL and skid row engine skid.
WMiller13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2008, 03:30 PM   #2
Douglas S.

Do you know what brand of tube fender that is?
Unread 12-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #3
WMiller13
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas S. View Post
Do you know what brand of tube fender that is?

I designed them and a local guy who does race car bodies and bumpers made them for me. They need to be redone with thicker metal. He isnt used to doing finish work so his welder warped the thin sheet metal he used.

Unread 12-01-2008, 04:04 PM   #4
tank29
Yeah, It's A Jeep Thing!!

2007 JK Wrangler 

Hey man!

Looks good...And YES they are 3.5" springs...I have a pic on mine before we tore it down and it shows it at 28-1/2" to the bottom of the rocker...I was running a 3" BL and 33's...Lose the BL and slap some 35's or 37's on there and it will be GOLDEN!!!!

Todd

TeraFlex 3" Kit with 4 Arm Flex Kit, TeraFlex HD F & R Adj. Track Bar, Rock Krawler Spring Levelers, Yukon 5.13 Gears, Black Rock Soft 8 Steel Wheels 16x8 (4.25" BS), Cooper Discoverer STT 315/75/16, XRC Rear Bumper w/Tire Swing, Rugged Ridge Front w/Stinger, AEV Snorkel, Cobra 75, KC 130W Slim Lights w/Windshield Mounts, Xenon Flat Fender Flares
tank29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2008, 09:48 AM   #5
TWISTED125
1989 YJ Wrangler 

lookin good man
TWISTED125 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #6
Barrio
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Looks great, 35s look like they would fit under there nicely if you trim up the rear.
-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2008, 11:15 AM   #7
WMiller13
1990 YJ Wrangler 

yeah thats the plan a little down the road. Its my dd so i put alot of miles on it, and i bought the 33s before i realised i could fit 35s haha. Soon enough tho. Even with the 1" body lift instead of the 3in im gonna try to run em.

Unread 12-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #8
Barrio
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Front looks like it could clear 35s no problem, rear would be my only consern.
-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2008, 12:20 AM   #9
obsessedjeeper
2013 WK 

dang it! now im gonna have to lift mine to keep up with you. lol. lookin good man!
obsessedjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #10
WMiller13
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well today got to finally take this thing out and wheel it. To sum it up im am super pleased at how it performed. IT flexed well for being leafs, was great to disconnect the sway bars, and the track bar did a little telescoping but not much.

I did things today that i was really shocked that i made, great to not be baby jeep anymore. The front locker issue is still up in the air. The whole beginning of the ride the two fronts were locked, and i was able to climb a hill and spin all four no problem even with just a lsd in the rear. Then the middle of the run it seemed to have come unlocked and only one would spin like it was open, then the whole end of the ride it acted like it was locked again spinning the front too and climbing like a champ.

Gonna definately need to do something with the rear flares as im almost rubbing now. If i want to run 35s im gonna need to bumpstop it but for now its fine. Here are a few flex shots.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.