MY 350 swap..... - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > MY 350 swap.....

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-12-2008, 06:44 PM   #46
jeepin1995
1998 TJ Wrangler 

got the carb, need some info on it.....not sure what it came off of..... it's a holley 4 bbl.....number on it reads
LIST-3310-2

here are some pics..... please help!!! i need a rebuild kit!

Unread 02-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #47
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

It's a Holley 750 4bbl with vaccum secondaries. Can't tell you much more than that, and what I did tell you I got off of Google.

Sorry, my experience with carburetors is setting the idle then taking them off to put on EFI.
1 ton yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2008, 07:34 PM   #48
jeepin1995
1998 TJ Wrangler 

hmmmmm..... my experience with them is ZERO..... never dealt with one.....maybe somebody can "dumb down" what you just said..... if rebuilt and adjusted properly, is it a decent carb?
Unread 02-13-2008, 06:40 AM   #49
ovrlnd

if your gonna wheel and use a holley get a truck avenger. otherwise put a q-jet on there. street carbs are only going to give you headaches on the trail

88 YJ, 350/350 Chevy, Twin Stick Dana 300 with JB 32 spline rear output, 6.5" lift, Front Scout II Dana 44 w/Yukon 4340 shafts, trac loc, 4.27's, Warn Premium Hubs, flipped YJ Tie Rod, Ford F150 front calipers, Rear Scout II Dana 44 w/Alloy 4340 shafts, HD RPT retainer plates, 4.27's True trac, Steeltech Disc brakes, Cage upgrade, B&M Prostick Shifter, Custom Fabbed tire, gas, jack carrier, 3/8 angle rear bumper, clevis's all around, old & reliable rep8000 winch. Flood lights. loud stereo. 35x12.50 swampers and a bunch of other stuff
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2008, 06:47 AM   #50
KrwlinYJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

too solve your problems, I would just do fuel injection. This is one of the best mods i did when i did the 4.3 conversion in my jeep. I have now removed the 4.3 and putting in a 350 tbi into my jeep. No more starting problems and it will idle thru the roughiest terrain...
GM 5.7 TBI V8, 700R4, NP231C/J, 4.5" RE HD lift, SYE, Tom Woods rear DS, Winch w/synthetic line, Tomken Bumpers, Optima dual batteries, Custom electric fan, LED Tail Lights, York On-Board-Air Setup, 1991 Celica GT seats, Home made snorkel.... Also Dana HP60 front and Dana 60 Rear are now being installed SOA.

Engine under construction again, 4.3 out and 5.7 going in..

My DIY Snorkel write up Click here.....Homemade Snorkel
Chevy 4.3 Conversion Click here.....4.3 Chevy Conversion
KrwlinYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2008, 06:52 AM   #51
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like he's using the carb because it was free or close to it. Holley, Q-jet, edlebrok, whatever. None of them are worth anything in the woods but the holley will get him driving until he can get fuel injection together.
Unread 02-13-2008, 05:12 PM   #52
jeepin1995
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 ton yj View Post
Sounds like he's using the carb because it was free or close to it. Holley, Q-jet, edlebrok, whatever. None of them are worth anything in the woods but the holley will get him driving until he can get fuel injection together.
which is exactly what i'm doing..... i obviously don't wanna stick with the carb, i do want fuel injection, but thats kinda pricey right now plus i haven't decided how i wanna go about it......the carb and intake cost me nothing.....
oh yea, figured out the specs on the carb plus some..... 1 ton, you were right on. thanks!
Unread 02-14-2008, 07:35 PM   #53
jeepin1995
1998 TJ Wrangler 

picked up a rebuild kit for the carb today....... that's gonna be a job in itself!

also ordered the shifter and radiator. my goal for this weekend is to get the "new" motor cleaned up, new gaskets and seals, get it mated to the trans, cut my rear fenders for the comp cut, and of course rebuild the carb.... any pointers on that by the way???? (first timer!)
whats best to clean the carb when building it? just regular carb cleaner???

tomb raider, i saw you mounted your stock sending unit in your fuel cell..... hard to do?

could i run the carbed 350 off of the stock fuel pump??

look for tons of pics after this weekend!
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:20 PM   #54
coyote_94yj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You cannot use the stock fuel pump by itself on the carb. You need a fuel pressure regulator inline to drop the pressure between 5 and 8 psi.

Chris
coyote_94yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2008, 10:24 PM   #55
jeepin1995
1998 TJ Wrangler 

ok, so if i get a regulator, i can keep the stock pump?
Unread 02-15-2008, 05:01 AM   #56
Jeepfreak81
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_94yj View Post
You cannot use the stock fuel pump by itself on the carb. You need a fuel pressure regulator inline to drop the pressure between 5 and 8 psi.

Chris
Depends on the carb... Edelbrocks are supposed to have a maximum of 6.5psi unless that changed recently. I am not sure what the Holley requires.
Full Page Club member #004
Green Jeep Club Member #005
Jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2008, 08:59 AM   #57
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin1995 View Post
ok, so if i get a regulator, i can keep the stock pump?
Sounds like you want to drop the YJ sending unit in the 2161 cell? Take the pump off the sending unit and put it in the goodie drawer in your toolbox, put a peice of hose in its place. Cap the return line on the sender and run the supply line to the factory mechanical pump on the side of the block.

That way you can easily convert back to EFI down the road (you will want to, trust me) by putting the pump back on the sender and running a return line.
Unread 02-15-2008, 10:25 AM   #58
coyote_94yj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepfreak81 View Post
Depends on the carb... Edelbrocks are supposed to have a maximum of 6.5psi unless that changed recently. I am not sure what the Holley requires.
No it hasn't changed. Its still 6.5psi for edelbrock carbs. That is what I'm running now. They are mfg specific. I just don't know what the others run because I've never ran anything but edelbrock.

Chris
coyote_94yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #59
jeepin1995
1998 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=1 ton yj;4819680] run the supply line to the factory mechanical pump on the side of the block.

QUOTE]
only issue i've seen with the engine cradle is that i need to use an electric fuel pump.....
Unread 02-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #60
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Another reason not to use the cradle.

You're going to need a regulator in that case. Aeromotive makes a nice one, should be in Summit, Jeg's, ect.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.