Muncie SM465/Dana300 install pics - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Muncie SM465/Dana300 install pics

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-20-2008, 06:03 PM   #16
glenno
1990 YJ Wrangler 

SOA rides awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhn1961 View Post
I've installed a Holley COmmander 950-700CFM FUel Injection (it was free) and am going to re-route the fuel lines through the center, underbody and bring them out on top of the bellhousing. Little extra work but beats hell out of boiling the fuel on the way to the throttle body.

By the way, great looking ride. How does your spring-over behave on the road ?? Assuming you drive it on the street. I guarantee I'll be in touch over the next month or so, until I get this thing on the street. Thanks again.
My Jeep rides smooth like it was bone stock. The only problem I had was axle wrap. I fixed it by using SAM's anti wrap bar. See Pics

glenno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2008, 06:04 PM   #17
glenno
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Do you run a MAP or MAF TPI system

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 ton yj View Post
I run braided stainless lines to my fuel rail (tpi) and for a while both lines ran within 1/2" of the muffler. Never any problems with "boiling" the fuel. No need to make it more complicated than it has to be
Thanks for the info.
Unread 07-13-2010, 02:37 AM   #18
godzirra
1992 YJ Wrangler 

hey man sweet build. i was wondering if you had a list of every thing you ended up buying for the sm465 to make it work with the dana 300 and if you knew what you would to get or do to make it work with the 4.0 i have been looking at this transmission for a little while and it has an awesome gearing possibility's since it has a 6.5 1st gear any help or cost is apprecieated thanks man
Unread 07-13-2010, 05:12 AM   #19
glenno
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzirra View Post
hey man sweet build. i was wondering if you had a list of every thing you ended up buying for the sm465 to make it work with the dana 300 and if you knew what you would to get or do to make it work with the 4.0 i have been looking at this transmission for a little while and it has an awesome gearing possibility's since it has a 6.5 1st gear any help or cost is apprecieated thanks man

I used NOVAK for all my adapters. Great web site lots of info. Should find what you need.

The GM Muncie SM465 Transmission - Novak Conversions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.