Muncie SM465/Dana300 install pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Muncie SM465/Dana300 install pics

December Specials at Jeephut.comROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 02-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #1
glenno
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Muncie SM465/Dana300 install pics

This is how I made my Muncie Sm 465 and Dana 300 T-Case fit in my YJ. I did some cutting of the factory skid plate, built up a place for the tranny mount using some square tuding, cut the floor and made a new cover to clear the T-Case shifter and make accessable, cut and welded the T-Case shifter to make it go straight up and fit properly, and installed a one inch body lift to allow me to NOT use a drop kit for the skid plate. Works great!

glenno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
red87yj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Sweet drive line. Are you planning on doing a twin stick on the Dana 300? I would highly recommend it. With all of the things that I have done on my jeep, I would have to say that the transfer case is one of my favs. Twin stick and 4 to 1 gears are fun, i don't care who you are haha.
Later
Zach

SOLD!!!87 Red YJ with 95 4.0 & NV 3550 & Dana 300 Flipped
3.5 BDS Lift
red87yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
Ustabearenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Nice Job! - i only used my old ax-15 a 5/8" spacer for my 300 - wish i would have gotten pics of it, and x2 on the twin stick - i dont know how i ever wheeled without it - and hes right the 4:1 kit is an awesome addition as well, if you do go that way - may i recommend Supplee 4x4 - he was the cheapest in the country.
Unread 02-19-2008, 07:18 AM   #4
mhn1961
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Glenno,

Perfect. This is exactly what I was looking for !!! I have some pictures up of my build, if you want to take a look.

http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/mhn1961/

Thanks again for the pics. This is a huge help !!!!!

Mike
mhn1961 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2008, 11:09 AM   #5
t1_rider_1
1988 YJ Wrangler 

hey I have a few questions about your 300 set up. Is the case all stock or do you have the stronger output shaft installed? And did you have to use a clocking ring on the t-case to make the skid plate work? I have a wrangler with a t5 and a 300 and am looking to swap the t5 for an auto in the near future.
t1_rider_1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
glenno
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Nice Looking Machine Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhn1961 View Post
Glenno,

Perfect. This is exactly what I was looking for !!! I have some pictures up of my build, if you want to take a look.

http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/mhn1961/

Thanks again for the pics. This is a huge help !!!!!

Mike
Any Questions just ask, I'm happy to help. Regards Glenno

Unread 02-19-2008, 12:33 PM   #7
glenno
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Great looking Project Mike

Unread 02-19-2008, 12:34 PM   #8
glenno
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Great Looking Project Continued

Unread 02-19-2008, 12:37 PM   #9
glenno
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Great Looking Project Continued

Awesome project Kudos to you.
Unread 02-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #10
glenno
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Follow link and read; This is where I do my research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1_rider_1 View Post
hey I have a few questions about your 300 set up. Is the case all stock or do you have the stronger output shaft installed? And did you have to use a clocking ring on the t-case to make the skid plate work? I have a wrangler with a t5 and a 300 and am looking to swap the t5 for an auto in the near future.

http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/t...r_adapters.htm

Read the Knowledge Base Very Informative.
Unread 02-19-2008, 12:57 PM   #11
glenno
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Supplee 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ustabearenegade View Post
Nice Job! - i only used my old ax-15 a 5/8" spacer for my 300 - wish i would have gotten pics of it, and x2 on the twin stick - i dont know how i ever wheeled without it - and hes right the 4:1 kit is an awesome addition as well, if you do go that way - may i recommend Supplee 4x4 - he was the cheapest in the country.
Do I need a password to access there parts? I am going to upgrade to a twin stick ASAP. My shifter is beat.
Unread 02-20-2008, 07:56 AM   #12
mhn1961
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks Glenno,

This has been an interesting project for me. Everything I've done, to this point, has been performance builds. This is my first 4WD and I've learned a ton. Of course, spent a lot more than I expected but, that's the nature of the beast. Should have it finished and on the road this spring (fingers crossed).

One quick question, did you route your fuel lines from the tank to the engine in the stock location along teh frame rail or did you do something different to get them up out of the way. I'm running a true dual exhaust and am, a little concerned about the proximity of the exhaust pipe to the fuel and return lines. Just curious more than anything.

Thanks again for the pictures, They were exactly what I was looking for. All the best. Mike
Unread 02-20-2008, 11:42 AM   #13
glenno
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Fuel Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhn1961 View Post
Thanks Glenno,

This has been an interesting project for me. Everything I've done, to this point, has been performance builds. This is my first 4WD and I've learned a ton. Of course, spent a lot more than I expected but, that's the nature of the beast. Should have it finished and on the road this spring (fingers crossed).

One quick question, did you route your fuel lines from the tank to the engine in the stock location along teh frame rail or did you do something different to get them up out of the way. I'm running a true dual exhaust and am, a little concerned about the proximity of the exhaust pipe to the fuel and return lines. Just curious more than anything.

Thanks again for the pictures, They were exactly what I was looking for. All the best. Mike

My fuel lines are in the stock position. I'm converting TPI Fuel Injection soon so I will be running new fuel lines all the way from the tank to the inline pump to the TPI unit. As for where they will eventually run I'm not sure. When I get there I will post the project. I'm glad I could help, any questions just ask. Thanks Glenno
Unread 02-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #14
mhn1961
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I've installed a Holley COmmander 950-700CFM FUel Injection (it was free) and am going to re-route the fuel lines through the center, underbody and bring them out on top of the bellhousing. Little extra work but beats hell out of boiling the fuel on the way to the throttle body.

By the way, great looking ride. How does your spring-over behave on the road ?? Assuming you drive it on the street. I guarantee I'll be in touch over the next month or so, until I get this thing on the street. Thanks again.
Unread 02-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #15
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I run braided stainless lines to my fuel rail (tpi) and for a while both lines ran within 1/2" of the muffler. Never any problems with "boiling" the fuel. No need to make it more complicated than it has to be
1 ton yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.