Mounting a HiLift Jack - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Mounting a HiLift Jack

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 07-10-2001, 04:45 PM   #1
gosling1

Mounting a HiLift Jack

After sinking my 94YJ twice in 24 hours (first time was with my daughter what an intro to Jeepin. the 2nd time was on a first date, helluva good impression )

After retrieving my HiLift jack from my CJ8, and getting myself out, I decided to mount it on the YJ. I have a hard top so interior mounting would be difficult. A winch will be on the front Sunday (a little 2 late) That leaves the rear. Any ideas?

TIA
chris

Tango Uniform
gosling1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2001, 08:17 PM   #2
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I have a SteelHorse RocCrawler rear bumper with tire carrier on my Jeep .. looks good, but no place for my HiLift either.

I am going to be making a new tirecarrier for the back with a HiLift mount. Quick, simple, easy to do with a cutter, grinder and welder.

Another thing that people have done is use some angle-iron, drill a bunch of holes, and mount the angle-iron into the original Bumperette location, then bolt the HiLift to the angle-iron .. If you have the equipment, easily done in under an hour.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2001, 11:16 PM   #3
FLHT_FXRS_YJ

On a yj the front cross tube between the frame rails will hold the upright portion of a highlift jack. Just pull off the base and rachet and put them inside under your seat. Drop a pin in a hole drilled in the cross tube to hold the highlift in. I've never tried this but I saw one once. It looked like an easy way to carry the highlift and yet keep it out of the way.
89' YJ - 4.2 - NV4500 - NP231w/sye - 1" Body Lift - 2 1/2" Rancho Suspension Lift - 31" Firestone MTR - AR Outlaw II - Tomken Bumpers F & R - Warn 8000 front - Warn 6000 rec. mount rear - FlowFit Seats - Tom Woods Rear & Custom 2" front driveshafts
FLHT_FXRS_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.