Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Mounting a HiLift Jack

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  FLHT_FXRS_YJ 
#1 ·
After sinking my 94YJ twice in 24 hours (first time was with my daughter what an intro to Jeepin. the 2nd time was on a first date, helluva good impression :) )

After retrieving my HiLift jack from my CJ8, and getting myself out, I decided to mount it on the YJ. I have a hard top so interior mounting would be difficult. A winch will be on the front Sunday (a little 2 late) That leaves the rear. Any ideas?

TIA
chris :confused:

#2 ·
I have a SteelHorse RocCrawler rear bumper with tire carrier on my Jeep .. looks good, but no place for my HiLift either.

I am going to be making a new tirecarrier for the back with a HiLift mount. Quick, simple, easy to do with a cutter, grinder and welder.

Another thing that people have done is use some angle-iron, drill a bunch of holes, and mount the angle-iron into the original Bumperette location, then bolt the HiLift to the angle-iron .. If you have the equipment, easily done in under an hour.

#3 ·
On a yj the front cross tube between the frame rails will hold the upright portion of a highlift jack. Just pull off the base and rachet and put them inside under your seat. Drop a pin in a hole drilled in the cross tube to hold the highlift in. I've never tried this but I saw one once. It looked like an easy way to carry the highlift and yet keep it out of the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.