mounting CJ style mirrors help - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > mounting CJ style mirrors help

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 02-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #16
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggarland View Post
I just thought of another question. The screws coming out of the hinge has beveled heads and the hole is counter sunk to match the head. Is there any kind of insert that can be placed in this hole to make it flush with the hinge? My mirrors have flat mounting brackets and when I put the bolts in and tighten down on them they pull into the bevel and warp the bracket. If anyone knows of such an insert or some other way of filling this in could you please share where to find it or how to fill it?

Thanks.
You can just use a regular flat/flush mount bolt for those spots, it doesn't need to be the original tapered-head bolt. Use hex or torx style for the replacement, whichever you prefer.

NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #17
NHfireLJ
Jeeper Creeper

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
NHFireYJ - I love those fenders! Does your name indicate that you are in the fire service in New Hampshire?

Oops, before I asked that question I should have noticed the IAFF sticker on your window.

The fenders are C&C Fab on ebay..he will make any width. its a DIY kit...

Thanks
LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495

BETTY...94 SE, Stroker 4.6, 4.5,lift,35"s,D30 Aussie, 8.8. Sold

Hummer Intake
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/
NHfireLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 06:44 AM   #18
ggarland
1995 YJ Wrangler 

NonRubicon - I am using regular bolts with button type Allen heads but they still pull down into the counter sink and cause the bracket to bend. I was hoping someone would know of some kind of nylon or plastic piece that would fill in the hole.

NHfireYJ - Do you have a link. I looked for them last night but couldn't find them.

Thanks all.
ggarland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 06:48 AM   #19
NHfireLJ
Jeeper Creeper

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
NonRubicon - I am using regular bolts with button type Allen heads but they still pull down into the counter sink and cause the bracket to bend. I was hoping someone would know of some kind of nylon or plastic piece that would fill in the hole.

NHfireYJ - Do you have a link. I looked for them last night but couldn't find them.

Thanks all.
For the bolts just use a washer slightly larger than the countersunk hole.

C&C on ebay has a different user name.... Here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-tube-fr...20900128514%26
LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495

BETTY...94 SE, Stroker 4.6, 4.5,lift,35"s,D30 Aussie, 8.8. Sold

Hummer Intake
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/
NHfireLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #20
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Here is what I did,

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/m...95-yj-1397157/

If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, I should be able to bench press a Grand Cherokee by now!
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:35 AM   #21
ggarland
1995 YJ Wrangler 

laybackman - I thought about that, but the hard doors will hit them. My problem is compounded by the fact that I received the wrong drivers side arm so I thought cutting as you did would solve my problem until I held them in place and opened the door. I am looking for an arm that is correct. I received two arms just alike and neither of them fit either side correctly. With some bending and twisting I made the right side work, but there doesn't seem to be any hope for the left.
ggarland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.