mounting CJ style mirrors help - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > mounting CJ style mirrors help

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockRubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 02-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #16
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggarland View Post
I just thought of another question. The screws coming out of the hinge has beveled heads and the hole is counter sunk to match the head. Is there any kind of insert that can be placed in this hole to make it flush with the hinge? My mirrors have flat mounting brackets and when I put the bolts in and tighten down on them they pull into the bevel and warp the bracket. If anyone knows of such an insert or some other way of filling this in could you please share where to find it or how to fill it?

Thanks.
You can just use a regular flat/flush mount bolt for those spots, it doesn't need to be the original tapered-head bolt. Use hex or torx style for the replacement, whichever you prefer.

NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #17
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
NHFireYJ - I love those fenders! Does your name indicate that you are in the fire service in New Hampshire?

Oops, before I asked that question I should have noticed the IAFF sticker on your window.

The fenders are C&C Fab on ebay..he will make any width. its a DIY kit...

Thanks
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 05:44 AM   #18
ggarland
1995 YJ Wrangler 

NonRubicon - I am using regular bolts with button type Allen heads but they still pull down into the counter sink and cause the bracket to bend. I was hoping someone would know of some kind of nylon or plastic piece that would fill in the hole.

NHfireYJ - Do you have a link. I looked for them last night but couldn't find them.

Thanks all.
ggarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 05:48 AM   #19
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
NonRubicon - I am using regular bolts with button type Allen heads but they still pull down into the counter sink and cause the bracket to bend. I was hoping someone would know of some kind of nylon or plastic piece that would fill in the hole.

NHfireYJ - Do you have a link. I looked for them last night but couldn't find them.

Thanks all.
For the bolts just use a washer slightly larger than the countersunk hole.

C&C on ebay has a different user name.... Here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-tube-fr...20900128514%26
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #20
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Here is what I did,

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/m...95-yj-1397157/

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 05:35 AM   #21
ggarland
1995 YJ Wrangler 

laybackman - I thought about that, but the hard doors will hit them. My problem is compounded by the fact that I received the wrong drivers side arm so I thought cutting as you did would solve my problem until I held them in place and opened the door. I am looking for an arm that is correct. I received two arms just alike and neither of them fit either side correctly. With some bending and twisting I made the right side work, but there doesn't seem to be any hope for the left.
ggarland is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.