motorcraft carb swap help - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-03-2010, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
Timmy69
1989 YJ Wrangler 

motorcraft carb swap help

i got everything that the other threads told me to get to do the swap i put on the adapters and gaskets but the carb just sits on top of the bolts from the manifold and wont go down am i supposed to cut the studs down a little bit but i dont know becaus ei never heard of anyone running into this problem someone please help

It's not what you buy, it's what you build and what you do with it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-03-2010, 08:26 AM
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy69 View Post
i got everything that the other threads told me to get to do the swap i put on the adapters and gaskets but the carb just sits on top of the bolts from the manifold and wont go down am i supposed to cut the studs down a little bit but i dont know becaus ei never heard of anyone running into this problem someone please help
I don't know about the motorcraft, but for my weber conversion, I had to get different length studs and replace the existing ones. I had to use two nuts together on the stud to pull it out. It was alot easier that way.

First Jeep was an 1989 YJ, 6 cylinder 4.2L , 258. Nuttered and TeamRushed, Weber 38 DGES, Now, I'm venturing into the world of Grand Cherokees
post #3 of 6 Old 04-03-2010, 08:53 AM
jeep108
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Can you take a pic and post it? if i remember right my adapter plate mounted to the manifold using allen head bolts that set down in recessed areas on the plate so that everything was flush.

Find the"YJ of the month" contest in the stickies and participate!

Eph 6:13 -Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
Welcome to the forum.
If you are a mechanical neophyte and have to repetitively intone the mantra of "lefty loosey," are a mouth breather and only own a hammer, it will be more of a challenge.
post #4 of 6 Old 04-03-2010, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Timmy69
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep108 View Post
Can you take a pic and post it? if i remember right my adapter plate mounted to the manifold using allen head bolts that set down in recessed areas on the plate so that everything was flush.
i figured it out thanks guys

It's not what you buy, it's what you build and what you do with it
post #5 of 6 Old 04-03-2010, 09:03 AM
jeep108
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
good deal - good luck w/ the rest & Don't forget to do the nutter

Find the"YJ of the month" contest in the stickies and participate!

Eph 6:13 -Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
Welcome to the forum.
If you are a mechanical neophyte and have to repetitively intone the mantra of "lefty loosey," are a mouth breather and only own a hammer, it will be more of a challenge.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-03-2010, 09:11 AM
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Hey, so what was the problem?

First Jeep was an 1989 YJ, 6 cylinder 4.2L , 258. Nuttered and TeamRushed, Weber 38 DGES, Now, I'm venturing into the world of Grand Cherokees

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.