motorcraft carb swap help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > motorcraft carb swap help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR Special

Unread 04-03-2010, 09:19 AM   #1
Timmy69
1989 YJ Wrangler 

motorcraft carb swap help

i got everything that the other threads told me to get to do the swap i put on the adapters and gaskets but the carb just sits on top of the bolts from the manifold and wont go down am i supposed to cut the studs down a little bit but i dont know becaus ei never heard of anyone running into this problem someone please help

Unread 04-03-2010, 09:26 AM   #2
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy69 View Post
i got everything that the other threads told me to get to do the swap i put on the adapters and gaskets but the carb just sits on top of the bolts from the manifold and wont go down am i supposed to cut the studs down a little bit but i dont know becaus ei never heard of anyone running into this problem someone please help
I don't know about the motorcraft, but for my weber conversion, I had to get different length studs and replace the existing ones. I had to use two nuts together on the stud to pull it out. It was alot easier that way.
Unread 04-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
jeep108
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Can you take a pic and post it? if i remember right my adapter plate mounted to the manifold using allen head bolts that set down in recessed areas on the plate so that everything was flush.

Eph 6:13 -Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground,

[QUOTE=Opihi59;14523519]Welcome to the forum.
If you are a mechanical neophyte and have to repetitively intone the mantra of "lefty loosey," are a mouth breather and only own a hammer, it will be more of a challenge. [/QUOTE]
jeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #4
Timmy69
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep108 View Post
Can you take a pic and post it? if i remember right my adapter plate mounted to the manifold using allen head bolts that set down in recessed areas on the plate so that everything was flush.
i figured it out thanks guys
Unread 04-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
jeep108
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
good deal - good luck w/ the rest & Don't forget to do the nutter

Eph 6:13 -Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground,

[QUOTE=Opihi59;14523519]Welcome to the forum.
If you are a mechanical neophyte and have to repetitively intone the mantra of "lefty loosey," are a mouth breather and only own a hammer, it will be more of a challenge. [/QUOTE]
jeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Hey, so what was the problem?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.