Motorcraft carb swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Motorcraft carb swap

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-23-2006, 08:33 AM   #1
Armytoad

Motorcraft carb swap

Ok so I am in the middle of this and it seems to be going smooth. I went ahead and bought from the guy on ebay. I have an 89 Wrangler 4.2.
Anyway I have a couple of questions.

1 - I tried to start it up and the bowl starts to over flow after cranking. It come out the two tubes at the top of carb housing. Are my floats stuck or what could be the issue.

2 - All the smog stuff down on the passenger side of engine campartment. It is the two large rubber hoses that run from the bottom of air cleaner down and then connect to two metal tubes that go to the cat converter and so forth. Directions say I can just take all the out. Can I?

3 - int the above mess it appears that my 4 wheel drive vacuum stuf is in there. Do I just run some new lines to operate that stuff?

Thanks for the help. If anyone has pics of their install that would be great.

Armytoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2006, 01:06 PM   #2
drexelsteve
2013 JK Wrangler 

sound's like you got f'd by the "guy on ebay". First order of business should be calling him up and getting your $ back, unless you feel like tearing down the carb u just paid good money for and fixin the stuck floats. I thought that he sells complete instructions for his "kits" so what's with all the questions? Sorry, it just ticks me off seein that guy rip people off daily, anywho chances are your floats are either stuck or leaking (full of gas), so you're gonna have to take it apart regardless. as for #2 question, yeah, if you don't have emissions testing in your area you can rip all that stuff out. Either pinch off the metal tubes or better yet weld them shut, it'll cut down on exhaust fumes in the cab. 3, you're gonna need a vacume source for the shift motor, but one of the advantages of swapping in a motorcraft carb is getting rid of vacume lines so you're kinda being counterproductive here, i'd swap to a posi-lock system if it were me. Not exactly sure what color lines you need to supply vacume to in order to keep the vacume disconnect system, maybe somebody else can chime in.
Unread 04-23-2006, 01:52 PM   #3
Yule16MET

if its the same guy i bought mine from then he is very very helpfull and will even install the carb for free if your in the area.

call him and have him help you.
1990 YJ lerado,Soa,2.5R.E.springs,8.8,4.88'sPSC trail cage&rocker nockers w/sliderbars,home made bumpers, 35"boggers,sye, tomwoodsds, revolvers, red & yellow optima, bushwackers,corbeua ss seats,mc2100,juicebox, 3core rad., b&mshifter and highlift,5point harnesses,wheel spacers,9000lb mile marker,ssdash kit,no sway bar, no trackbar, walmart lights,clinometer, XJ passenger shaft, axle tube seals, M.O.R.E track bar

And a Monster Yellow CJ5
40x17's 12"lift full cage
Blackjeepclub #16
Armyjeepclub #16-#1
yellowjeepclub #BIG16
Yule16MET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2006, 03:57 PM   #4
Armytoad

Yeah it came with directions that were pretty straight forward and detailed. We do have smog here with visual inspection too so that is why I don't want to just go start ripping stuff out.
I will pull the top off and take a look at the floats and see what is going on.

Anyone have a parts schematic for the MC carb? I can't find one on the internet.
Armytoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2006, 07:56 AM   #5
drexelsteve
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
We do have smog here with visual inspection too so that is why I don't want to just go start ripping stuff out
well the mc2100 probably wasen't your best choice, most likely they'll redflag ya on the visual alone.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.