Motorcraft 2100 Carburetor Electric Choke - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Motorcraft 2100 Carburetor Electric Choke

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-12-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
pkearney06

Motorcraft 2100 Carburetor Electric Choke

I have a 1989 Jeep Wrangler YJ with a 4.2l inline 6. The carb has been replaced with a 2100 Motorcraft which has a manual choke. I'm looking to switch it to an electric choke but can't seem to find a kit or all the parts I need anywhere. Called Napa, Autozone, Advanced Auto and JCWhitney. Can anyone suggest a site or a store?

Thanks in advance, all.

pkearney06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
beachedjeepyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Not a suggestion for site but you will need the carter carb electric choke to make it work, then you have to flip the bi-metal coil in the carter choke to make it work with the motor craft.

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/motorcraft-carb-swap-961766/[/url]
beachedjeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #3
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

If you look in the help section they usualy have the choke heater, most auto parts stores carry it.
One of these should work for you.
AutoZone.com | Choke Accessories

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
Alabamaranger
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Not sure if it was Autozone or Oreilly's but they had a aftermarket Holly choke replacement that would fit.
Unread 03-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #5
pkearney06

Thanks guys, for the suggestions. Beachedjeep yj, does the carter carb have the entire kit for conversion or would I need to go piecing together materials?
Unread 03-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #6
beachedjeepyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkearney06 View Post
Thanks guys, for the suggestions. Beachedjeep yj, does the carter carb have the entire kit for conversion or would I need to go piecing together materials?
The motor craft and carter share the same choke housing so its fairly easy, all you need is the thermostat choke, and the retainer which is a metal ring with three screws.
AutoZone.com | Thermostat Cap Retainer Kit
AutoZone.com | | Choke Thermostat | CHOKE THERMOSTAT

Unread 03-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #7
pkearney06

Perfect, thanks alot guys. Really appreciate the help. I'll let you know how I fair with it. Thanks again.
Unread 03-17-2010, 05:09 AM   #8
pkearney06

Hey, guys, sorry for the bump, I'm having an issue with the thermostat...The good fellas at Advance Auto Parts said this is all I would need Choke Thermostat by GP Sorensen - Part 779-1525 - Advance Auto Parts to convert my 2100 carb to electric choke...was he full of it? Thanks again...
Unread 03-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #9
Alabamaranger
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Post a close up picture of what you have now on the choke side.
Unread 03-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #10
beachedjeepyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkearney06 View Post
Hey, guys, sorry for the bump, I'm having an issue with the thermostat...The good fellas at Advance Auto Parts said this is all I would need Choke Thermostat by GP Sorensen - Part 779-1525 - Advance Auto Parts to convert my 2100 carb to electric choke...was he full of it? Thanks again...
That just looks like the pricier version of the thermostat, they have one at auto zone for 20$ P# E6079

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.