Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Motor Mount Lift + Body Lift = Radiator Shroud Placement?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jeepercreeper77 
#1 ·
Hey all, as the title suggests, I'm contemplating installing a motor mount lift (I believe 1", got it as a freebie), but at the same time I'm also planning a 2" body lift.
So, where does this put me with the radiator shroud? Should the MML compensate for the BL, and I not have to move the shroud mounts? Or does the 1" in separation mean disaster? ... or do these two things have nothing to do with one another?
Thanks guys, sorry I know it should a bit lame, but I've got the hardware for both and I'd like to do the two as painlessly as possible, as I plan on doing both in one run.
:2thumbsup: ...yeah, sorry I am that lazy.

#3 ·
I see... thanks for the info! :D
Now, I don't actually have the brackets for the shroud relocation (not that the 2" would do me any good anyway..) Does anyone happen to have a pic of what they look like (or hell a diagram would do wonders..), so as I might make myself some bracket-y goodness?
Thanks again

#4 ·
You can just redrill the rad support. Or make 4 brackets that move the holes 1" down.

ORRRRR just redrill the brackets that will come with the body lift kit.

#5 ·
you MAY be fine. I have a 1" BL and MML, I did the BL first, waited a week or two and then did the MML. You won't know until its all done, but don't get too worried about it. If you do have problems, PM me and I will look and see if I still have the shroud re-location brackets for my BL. If so, they're yours if you cover the shipping.

#7 ·
i did my BL first and then my MML and didn't have to touch my fan shroud at all and it works fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.