Motor Mount Lift + Body Lift = Radiator Shroud Placement? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Motor Mount Lift + Body Lift = Radiator Shroud Placement?

The Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 01-26-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
tommanns
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Motor Mount Lift + Body Lift = Radiator Shroud Placement?

Hey all, as the title suggests, I'm contemplating installing a motor mount lift (I believe 1", got it as a freebie), but at the same time I'm also planning a 2" body lift.
So, where does this put me with the radiator shroud? Should the MML compensate for the BL, and I not have to move the shroud mounts? Or does the 1" in separation mean disaster? ... or do these two things have nothing to do with one another?
Thanks guys, sorry I know it should a bit lame, but I've got the hardware for both and I'd like to do the two as painlessly as possible, as I plan on doing both in one run.
...yeah, sorry I am that lazy.

Unread 01-26-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
Douglas S.

you will have to move it 1" to compensate
Unread 01-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #3
tommanns
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I see... thanks for the info!
Now, I don't actually have the brackets for the shroud relocation (not that the 2" would do me any good anyway..) Does anyone happen to have a pic of what they look like (or hell a diagram would do wonders..), so as I might make myself some bracket-y goodness?
Thanks again
Unread 01-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

You can just redrill the rad support. Or make 4 brackets that move the holes 1" down.

ORRRRR just redrill the brackets that will come with the body lift kit.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
blake989
1995 YJ Wrangler 

you MAY be fine. I have a 1" BL and MML, I did the BL first, waited a week or two and then did the MML. You won't know until its all done, but don't get too worried about it. If you do have problems, PM me and I will look and see if I still have the shroud re-location brackets for my BL. If so, they're yours if you cover the shipping.
Unread 01-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
tommanns
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Just got the replies, thanks everyone! I'll be getting to this as soon as the PB clears, so I'll make sure to keep an update going.

Oh and blake, thank you for the offer. I may well be taking you up on it.
Unread 01-26-2009, 08:04 PM   #7
jeepercreeper77
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i did my BL first and then my MML and didn't have to touch my fan shroud at all and it works fine.
90 wrangler,4.2l,1" MML,CRT HEI Dist.,34/34(interco) weber, hurst shftr,5spd,5" BDS lft,f-d30/r-8.8,5/8 lft booms,1" bl,tflex belly up,JB convs. SYE,gdyr mtr35s,hurc'ed,smit src frt bump,gen-r rear bump w/tire carrier,f&r tube fenders,psc knokrs,r gen-rgt ful conr gurds,duel bat.,BIC,m8000
jeepercreeper77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.