Motor mount - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Motor mount

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 09-17-2001, 12:59 PM   #1
gatt

Motor mount

I just bought a 94 wrangler. I noticed that the driver side motor mount was distorted so I decided to change it. I had no problem removing it but installing the new one was a bit of a challenge. the engine was shifted back on the drivers side, therefore the engine support bracket did not line up with where the engine mount attaches to the frame. In order to get the engine aligned properly I dissembled the plate that supports the transmission and shifted the engine. Once the engine was shifted forward I was able to assemble the new engine mount with no problem. Problem now was that since the engine and transmission were shifted slightly to get the engine mount and engine bracket to line up, the bolts on the rear mount that is attached to the transmission did not line up with the slotted holes in the plate that supports the transmission. This support plate only has slotted holes for adjustment from front to back and not side to side. I decided to slot the holes to the side in order reassemble the support plate. The amount of shift at the rear mount was about 3/4 of an inch towards the driver side. My question is, did I do the correct thing in slotting the holes in the support plate in order to mount the engine/transmission to it? Will shifting the engine/transmission 3/4 of an inch damage anything such as the rear drive shaft or front drive shaft or u-joints?
Any comments or helpful hints will be appreciated.
Thanks

gatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2001, 08:51 PM   #2
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Some of them can be that way. Especially when the tcase skid gets damaged from heavy trail use. If you're not noticing any vibrations, then ya probably didn't move anything enough to cause any problems.

I'd like to warn anyone with the 4.0, the motor mounts commonly work loose. Get under there and make sure the bolts are tight. Either that, or wait until they shear off in the block. That's way more fun to fix.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.