Motocraft 2150 Vacuum - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Motocraft 2150 Vacuum

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 07-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
heyitslou
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Motocraft 2150 Vacuum

Help All, I got rid of the Carter and picked up the Motocraft 2150 and I wanted to make sure I have all of the vacuum lines hooked up right. I have the vacuum in front of the throttle linkage drivers side hooked to the canister under the windshield washer resevoire I have the PCV going to the rear vacuum behind the throttle linkage drivers side I have the choke pull off going to the rear lower center vacuum and the distributor going to the vacuum on the passenger side just in front of the choke coil. Not sure now that I've nuttered if I should T into the rear center vacuum that the choke pull off is going to?

heyitslou is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Your distributor advance should go to Manifold vacuum. Manifold vacuum is the one where you have full engine vacuum at idle and ported vacuum is where you have progressive vacuum the more you open the throttle.
You will need a vacuum gauge and timing light to tune your motor so make sure you have them handy.

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
heyitslou
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I need to "T" into the rear center vacuum that the choke pull off is going to then because that's where I have constant vacuum the vacuum in front of the choke does not provide full vacuum at idle.
Unread 07-18-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
heyitslou
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Do I need any of the vacuum lines running to the canister underneath the windshield washer reservoir?
Unread 09-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
hemidriver
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitslou View Post
Do I need any of the vacuum lines running to the canister underneath the windshield washer reservoir?
Good question. I don't know the answer either
hemidriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #6
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You should have two lines running to the cannister. One full time vacum and the other through a thermosister then to the canister. Full time will be like a 5/8" hose and that sucks the vapors. The thermo one is like1/4" and that opens the valve for the bigger line. It is supposed to only open up the canister purge (big hose) line once the engine reaches operating temperature. If you don't have the little hose hooked up you will never pulll the vapors out and might as well just cap the line and chuck the canister. If you run the second line directly you are going to have cold idle problems because it will always be pulling in extra air through the canister.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.