Most popular lift kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Most popular lift kit

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 04-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #1
roadkiller
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Most popular lift kit

Their are alot of lift kit manufacturers out there. When it comes to 91 to 95 yj wranglers witch kit is the most popular and widley refered to when it comes to quality and ride comfort in regards to a 4" spring under lift ?

roadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #2
TheRealOldjeep
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkiller View Post
Their are alot of lift kit manufacturers out there. When it comes to 91 to 95 yj wranglers witch kit is the most popular and widley refered to when it comes to quality and ride comfort in regards to a 4" spring under lift ?
BDS for quality.

Ride comfort - not much to be had in a lifted wrangler
97 TJ 2.5L/30RH - daughters car

www.oldjeep.com My site
TheRealOldjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Nice ride = Old Man Emu, Best warrenty and pretty decent ride= BDS. Lift options are all over the place. Everyone has an opinion on them. I spent weeks trying to decide. The only lift that I've heard and read people complain of and nothing real good are Pro Comp. You get the lift but a harsh ride and poor flex.
Unread 04-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #4
TheRealOldjeep
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnerman View Post
Nice ride = Old Man Emu, Best warrenty and pretty decent ride= BDS. Lift options are all over the place. Everyone has an opinion on them. I spent weeks trying to decide. The only lift that I've heard and read people complain of and nothing real good are Pro Comp. You get the lift but a harsh ride and poor flex.
True on OME, but they don't make anything over a 2.5"
97 TJ 2.5L/30RH - daughters car

www.oldjeep.com My site
TheRealOldjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #5
tealblueyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I got the 3.5 bds on 93 yj they are starting to loosen up a little after 3 months nothing to compare to but i like them so far payed $1300 installed
tealblueyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
wranglerkid95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have a blackdiamond and love it. pretty rough but its been on for like 8 years and have never had an issue. My next will probly be a Blackdiamond
wranglerkid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #7
roadkiller
1991 YJ Wrangler 

In response to burnermans, thanx for the response, you just confirmed my disgust in my lift kit. I have a pro-comp lift that I cant stand -4"- by the way. As per other sugestions, I"m going BDS, heard nothing but good stuff about them.
roadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkiller View Post
...... I"m going BDS, heard nothing but good stuff about them.
I'd recommend BDS as well, and just to clarify since they were also mentioned, BDS is not Black Diamond Suspension.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #9
HilltopperYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Rough Country definantly wins in the price department
and they have a pretty good following on here

it depends on if your just looking for the best money can buy or if price plays a role, you may get 2 different answers

A-E-K-Δ-B

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
HilltopperYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 05:38 PM   #10
RockWoRM
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'll preface by saying I've been in all sorts of leaf sprung Jeeps. I'll also say all Jeeps ar'nt created equal (in the way they are set up). But...
I used to have a set of RE ED 4.5 springs that rode like butter. I bought them used and perhaps they were well broken in...but they were not sagged. The only reason I swapped them for the BDS's was to clear the 35's better. The RE's rode better than some SOA rigs I've been in! Anywho, I still like the BDS springs!
But screw both... I rather have coils!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #11
kirksjeep
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I have the RE ED 4.5 and I agree they ride great. You see a lot of posts of guys removing sway bars and track bars, but the RE ED flexes so well I don't feel comfortable with out them. I have heard mixed reviews about the RE standard kits, but I would definitely recommend the RE ED.
kirksjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #12
flys_yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i hear the re 4.5 is great. i have the re standard 4 and would NOT recomend it..
flys_yj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.