I replaced the rear leaf springs and shocks, reinstalled the new drive shaft then I went for a test drive. It hasn't driven that smooth in months. 3 of the leafs on the rear driver's side cracked all the way through. Luckily it was right by the axle and on top of the tie plate.
All the bolts came off easily after I liberally sprayed them for 3 days with PB Blaster. The hardest thing was getting the leaf spring back in the rear shackle. I installed the front spring eye first, then I had to use to a jack to "open up" the spring to align it with the rear shackle to get the bolt through. A little tugging and shoving got the axle down on the pins on the springs followed by shock installation and snugging all bolts. I put the tires on and set it back on the ground then torqued all the suspension stuff properly. Last, I installed the drive shaft.
I did all this at my Dad's house, because he has 40 years of tools. It's about a 40 minutes from my house. After leaving my parents and about 10 miles down the road, I remembered I only snugged the lug nuts. So I stopped at a gas station and busted out the Jeep ratchet and tire iron. Smooth sailing all the way home.