More redneck mods - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > More redneck mods

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Closed Thread
Unread 11-28-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
stanimals2
1994 YJ Wrangler 

More redneck mods

Well I got tiered of my 40 cal. sliding around on the seat, so I did a little easy mods today. I had already mounted an ammo box between the seats. I installed a locking stud and a cold beverage holder but it still needed more. I bent a piece of thin metal stock and riveted it to the front of the box so my holster could clip over it securely and still be easily pulled off to lock in the box. so ready for mud,beer and ammo LOL!!!! What do you think ?

stanimals2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I think the holster needs to be flipped 180*, you won't be able to get at it very well from that position.
timatoe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 07:06 PM   #3
melbill
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
I think the holster needs to be flipped 180*, you won't be able to get at it very well from that position.
That would require a left hand holster.
melbill is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The one shown looks like a left handed holster to me, unless it goes inside the waist band and if it is an inside the band holster the thumbreak is on the wrong side.
timatoe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

The cold beverage in the cold beverage holder seen in the second picture was not there while you were driving was it?
baritone_mike is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 07:39 PM   #6
stanimals2
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The holster is easily changed side to side and I had it the other way and didnt seem to make much differance to draw to me except the the extra mag was under it and was hard to reach. And no it was sitting in the drive way not on the road officer Baritone, today anyway LOL!!!! I dont drink and drive thats why I am married I have a built in DD !!
Unread 11-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #7
ThatJeepGuy
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I think it looks good. Love the BUSCH LIGHT!!
93YJ / 4'' lift / 33'' mtzs / aussie locker in hpd30 / pos d35 in rear(for now) / xrc rock sliders & rear xrc tube fenders tj style/ AJ's offroad rear bumper and tire carrier / LP10000 Superwinch / SQUARE HEADLIGHTS

No farms no food

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/yj-tube-fender-write-up-1325289/[/url]

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/thatjeepguys-pennsylvania-jeep-build-1365784/[/url]
ThatJeepGuy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #8
stanimals2
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I would have liked it to be straight up and down but then you couldnt open the lid with the gun in the holster. I thought about slanting it to the left but then it wa aqward to reach and draw out toward the passenger seat. After several attempts I was more comfortable with keeping my right hand on the wheel and reaching under my arm and drawing it with my left hand. For over 8 years we trained to shoot with both hands so I am pretty sure if I ever need to quick draw it from there and have to shoot out the drivers window I can do so with my left hand ( I sure the hell hope anyway !!!)

Lets get muddy !!
Unread 11-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #9
06camarodude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Looks good! I like the idea, I might have to use that for my XD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsapo View Post
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Matthew 7:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTJer View Post
That's a pretty decent crawl ratio, tell Matthew congrats. :2thumbsup:
06camarodude is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 08:12 PM   #10
AnonymousD
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I like the idea. I always just have my G19 in my Raven Concealment IWB holster though. I keep it on me. If I go somewhere I cant carry, I pop it in my locking glove box. When Im in the Jeep, its on me.
AnonymousD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #11
Krochus
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Alcohol and firearms?

REALLY?

Great way to live down stereotypes bud! Thanks for making us gun enthusiasts look a little less awesome! THANKs

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickgnx88 View Post
"Jeep Wave threads, it's a newb thing, you wouldn't understand!"
Krochus is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 08:36 PM   #12
AnonymousD
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krochus View Post
Alcohol and firearms?

REALLY?

Great way to live down stereotypes bud! Thanks for making us gun enthusiasts and southerners look a little less awesome! THANKS
He was just drinking some beer while installing something on his Jeep.

That something just happened to be a holster. Im pretty sure he wasnt shooting it at the same time.
AnonymousD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #13
stanimals2
1994 YJ Wrangler 

OH LORD PLEASE you got to be kidding me !!! You really think you have the right to judge me ???????????? I am sitting in my own drive way not going any where and not shooting anyone you bleeding heart, judgemental ***** !!!!!!!!!!!! BITE ME !!!!
Unread 11-28-2010, 08:49 PM   #14
hh65pilot
1989 YJ Wrangler 

[[[{{{BUTTON}}}]]]

Pushed.....lmao.
hh65pilot is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #15
Krochus
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I could care less what you do in your own home in your own driveway. But would it have killed you to have attempted to put forth a better image by...,oh I don't know moving a can or cropping a pic slightly before posting something for the ENTIRE WORLD to see?

Come on people RKBA is all about image today, think about the big picture for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickgnx88 View Post
"Jeep Wave threads, it's a newb thing, you wouldn't understand!"
Krochus is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.