more power for my 4banger - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > more power for my 4banger

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-13-2002, 04:29 PM   #1
93jeepyj2.5

more power for my 4banger

whats the best/cheapest ways to get more power for my 4cylinder?....(ive done taken out the air restrictors)

03 TJ Sport.....31" MT/R's on MT Classic II's
93jeepyj2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2002, 04:49 PM   #2
Bigrubberjeep

Remove all crome! Ok just kidding.

Seriously Ihave a 4 banger with 33"s also.
Get your self a flowmaster muffler. Good deep sound and not bothersome loud. You will notice imediate performance increse.
Get K&N filter and air-tube system - you will see slight increase here too.
Unread 05-13-2002, 06:46 PM   #3
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Bigrubberjeep:
<strong>Remove all crome! Ok just kidding.

Seriously Ihave a 4 banger with 33"s also.
Get your self a flowmaster muffler. Good deep sound and not bothersome loud. You will notice imediate performance increse.
Get K&N filter and air-tube system - you will see slight increase here too.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm going to say BS on that. You will not notice a difference except sound. All an exhaust will increase is 2-5 horse power. Like adding a lawn mower engine to your Jeep. You can't tell that little of a change. There is nothing you can do without completely starting over. 4 bangers are not meant for power.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2002, 09:40 PM   #4
JeepBeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

*grin* and yet my 4banger w/ 33s is the first off the line at a light, lots of getup and go, and can keep a steady 85 going into the wind...strange concepts running on that comment

'95 YJ 2.5L 3" Sus.
ProComp MT 33s"
JeepBeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.