more flex??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > more flex???

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-09-2002, 09:18 PM   #1
themonster

more flex???

how can i get more flex out of my 4" rubicon suspension lift? right now my freinds 2.5" lift can flex out way more than mine can, how can i change this???

themonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2002, 10:27 PM   #2
V8wrangler_idaho

get greasable shakels put them on loosly. take off your track bar in the back of your jeep and get quick disconnests for your antisway bars. that will help a ton

93 wrangler 8 inch SOA SRS suspention lift 35/12.50 Mt. efi 350 700r4 tranny np 205 t case dana 44s front and rear. lots of extras.
V8wrangler_idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2002, 07:52 PM   #3
KYgreenYJ
2012 JK Wrangler 

Revolvers and then disconnect ur sway and track bars then you will get alot more flex

Old Jeep, SOLD:
94 Green YJ SE 4.0L 5spd
3.5" BDS lift, 1"MML/BL, Revolvers, SYE/CV, no track bars or sway bars, MORE sport cage
Green Jeep Club Member #20
KYgreenYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2002, 08:24 PM   #4
themonster

i already have my sway bar off and where can i find greasable shackles? could my 35" tires be a restriction on my flex at all? and thanks in advance for all the advice and help
themonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2002, 09:39 PM   #5
tophillrod

Your 35's could only help the flex unless you are bottoming out on something. You say you allready took the sway bar off... did you take off the track bars? I have front & rear track bars off and sway bar disco's and when all is said and done I have much more than w/ out the sway bar. There is more to this anyway...from what I have heard from the salesman a RE is that there 4.5 extreeme is there most flexible kit. Does your friend have a kit from someone else that is softer? - does he have everything disconnected? This would be a big factor in finding out your problem. HTH : )
Warn tire rack
Dana44 rear w/ Track lock
4:10 gears
135k and running strong...
tophillrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2002, 10:15 PM   #6
St.LJustin

Are you running 35" tires with a 4" lift and nothing more? What Kind of shackles are in the rear? Regular ones like the front, or are they boomerangs? I would say if you've disconnected your sway bar and you're still getting poor flex then I'd say something is wrong with the setup. I've got the RE 4.5 Extreme Duty lift and can completely stuff my 33s.

Member #5 of the Black Jeep Club
St.LJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2002, 01:10 AM   #7
V8wrangler_idaho

to me it still soinds like the shakels. I would by greasable shackles. also you could by some urathain upper shackel bushings and it would help the flex as well. The stock rubber bushings suck. Also those exstented bump stops that came with the lift that go on your axles under the u bolts take them off. I did that to mine and it helped out on flex too. and i had no problems doing that. You can get greasable shackes from quadratec.com

93 wrangler 8 inch SOA SRS suspention lift 35/12.50 Mt. efi 350 700r4 tranny np 205 t case dana 44s front and rear. lots of extras.
V8wrangler_idaho is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.