MOPAR EFI kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > MOPAR EFI kit

Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread Yesterday, 12:11 PM   #1
danthman
1987 YJ Wrangler 

MOPAR EFI kit

i have a question for the guys that have the kit. i have it on my 87 but cant remember what year it changes the harness to. is it 91 or 93? im having some electrical problems... somewhere...

awhile back my alternator had 2 blown diodes in it and i had it rubuilt. im also having problems with my temprature gauge showing hot. when i turn on the lights the needle will move up a bit and when i listen to tunes the needle dances with the beat. any ideas?
could this be the alternator or just a simple ground problem? im ordering a new rear sending unit and replacing the start solinoid as well.

and lately i moved the wires for my cb directly to the battery and now its not working properly. its pulsing. the only way i can explain it on a keyboard is phs-psh-psh-phs-etc. with the squelch on or off. im pretty sure i need a new cb anyway because the antenna ground popped off on the trail and i transmitted basically without an antenna. so i imagine the xmit is burnt up...

Unread Yesterday, 01:18 PM   #2
mike134
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I would definitely start with checking/improving ground.

But also check your voltage while all of those accessories are running. It will tell you if your alternator is too small or still not functioning correctly. There was a police/emergency vehicle option of the wrangler that had a switch to up the idle speed so the alternator could power all of the accessories properly. If your actual voltage is jumping around, you may consider trying to install that feature.

If your battery cables are old, you might consider replacing them. Both Hot and Ground Strap.

Clean your battery terminals and ground points. It doesn't cost anything and could help a ton.

I think the Mopar EFI kit is closest to 94/95
mike134 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 09:30 AM   #3
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Its a 1995 setup. You should do the CS 144 mod instead of having that old POS rebuilt. Temp gauge at full you need to check your Gauge temp sensor on the rear of the block.
Ground the lead and see if the needle deflects. Pic here:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/t...89-yj-1155511/
The dancing is because you have put a power feed too close to the gauge power wire and you are coupling the power to the gauge. Reroute your radio power. For both your radio and CB you need a ground; ideally a strap' from the case of each to the nearest body point to ground them. Power and ground if run together should be twisted at least 1 1/2 turns per inch. More is acceptable.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.