Mopar 5.2 swap radiator hoses? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Mopar 5.2 swap radiator hoses?

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap Skid

Unread 09-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
czjeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Mopar 5.2 swap radiator hoses?

I have been looking around, and am collecting information on the best hoses to use for my 5.2 swap.
I've got the conversion radiator from Oconee Offroad.
What hoses have you guys used for this swap?
I found a reference to a Napa upper 7718, and a Napa lower 8333.

Armed Forces Jeeps Member #125
Red Jeep Club Member #251

In the Portland/Vancouver area? Check 'em out! Piston's Wild Motorsports Club

Click here for 2.5L AX5 to AX15 swap
czjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

i made a franken-hose to fit a stock 99 tj radiator. (same as the stock yj rad just it's alum and plastic)

you should just be able to use stock zj hoses i would think?
maybe a little trimming may be needed but worth a test fit anyhow.
if your napa is as cool as mine (they know nothing on my jeep is stock) they may let you take the hoses out to your rig and test fit them before buying. at very least pay for them, take em home, and test fit. no worky, just return them. i have done both of these countless times in my hometown napa store.

the upper may even be able to be all flexy hose with an anti kink spring inside. the lower however is tricky due to being so close to the pulleys.

like i said i did not use a conv rad but if i had (if i wasn't poor i would have) i think the zj hoses may have reached may have needed a little extension or a trim but it may be worth checking into.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 03:48 PM   #3

I used one of these type universal kits on my 440 with aftermarket rad in my old plymouth.

444 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.