Monster Transmission rebuild kits "parts Missing" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Monster Transmission rebuild kits "parts Missing"

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-01-2008, 12:37 AM   #1
jeffrey919r1
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Monster Transmission rebuild kits "parts Missing"

Ok well im not here to say anything bad about Monster transmission, Especially since there prob all like this, but ok here is the problem

I ordered:

1 700r4 Master Overhaul Kit

1 The Beast Sunshell

1 Np231 Overhaul Kit

Ok lets start with the 700r4 "master rebuild kit"

You would figure it has everything you need to rebuild the transmission rite? well it does definatly not. There are plastic thrust washers in a 700r4 and it doesnt include them. or about 6 other little things i needed. comes with no new springs. I dont know about you guys but when im rebuilding a tranny i'd like to replace anything plastic or those little springs, among 20 other little things id like to replace but wasnt included!

The worse Part

Well no one tells that to you from the start, at least if it said is missing this that and so on. I could have ordered it from the begining, not once you get it all apart but cant put back togeather cause your missing a .39 cent washer. then you get to pay shipping to get it to ya. unless you can get someone around you locally to waste there time on your .39 cent part. well you then ordered it. and you got $8.00 shipping and 5 days to wait, and forget how the damn thing goes back togeather. its crazy!

When the master rebuild kit was sent to my house, there was a packing slip and thats about it. no instructions or at least a parts layout, so you know what you hAVE and what you dont.

Now lets move to the NP231 Overhaul kit

Well since i needed to swap out my input gear when switching over to the 700r4, i figured i'd get the overhaul kit, so i can change gaskets and such. Got the kit same thing just parts in a box, well it came with new bushings and such for the overhaul, but no gaskets for the case i just split. it came with 1 gasket that mates the tranny to the t-case. if you read there site it says comes with all gaskets or RTV. well i didnt get a drop of RTV or any gaskets.

In conclusion

I guess i thought monster transmission was a step above the rest, maybe just cause i seen them on extreme 4x4 and it looked like they had it togeather. But i was sadly mistaken. for anyone that wants to tackle a tranny rebuild or t-case for the first time, i'd look elsewhere!

jeffrey919r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
monstertrans

Hello Jeffrey, my name is A.J. and I am from the Monster Transmission Web Team. I recently came across this post and am really shocked by what happened with your order. I can tell you that some of our procedures regarding packing lists, etc. have definately changed since this posting, and every Monster-In-A-Box Rebuild Kit includes a detailed list of every component that is included with the package.

Regarding any items that were missing from your order, I greatly apologize for this and would offer to ship them to you Next Day, Free of Charge, however being that this post is over a year old, that would not do you any good.

What I can do is offer you a refund or credit towards the missing items. All you need to do is call us up and provide your name with order number. Just ask for A.J. in the Web Dept. or dial 1-800-708-0087 extension 4485.

We greatly apologize for any inconvenience and truly appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
A.J.
Web Dept.
Monster Transmission & Performance
monstertrans is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.