monstaliner? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > monstaliner?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
OldSkull75
1994 YJ Wrangler 

monstaliner?

Ive been reading all the reviews on monstaliner, I'm going to go ahead and start the project.
My questions are -
is on gallon really enought to do the whole tub with a nice thick finish? Would two gallons be better or over kill?
And last, I'm thinking of getting the Brown Eyed Girl tint... If I'm unhappy with the color is it as easy as rolling another color over it in a few months?
Thanks!

OldSkull75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
rescue7
1995 YJ Wrangler 

It's good stuff. I just rolled my interior and exterior. Super easy, and looks awesome.
rescue7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
OldSkull75
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Was 1 gallon enough for a nice result on the interior?
Did you roll the whole exterior? I'd love to see some pics of that.
What color did you go with and how much total did you use? Sorry for all the questions... I just want to make sure I'm covering all my bases before I start.
Unread 04-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
rescue7
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkull75
Was 1 gallon enough for a nice result on the interior?
Did you roll the whole exterior? I'd love to see some pics of that.
What color did you go with and how much total did you use? Sorry for all the questions... I just want to make sure I'm covering all my bases before I start.
1 gallon is plenty for the interior. I used about 1 1/4 gallons for the exterior. My texture is pretty smooth. I wanted it to look like paint with some slight roughness. I get a ton of compliments. However, I just restored my Jeep too.
rescue7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
OldSkull75
1994 YJ Wrangler 

the Previous Owner had some crappy Bedliner in it, I got most of it out, and painted the whole tub with chasis saver... Should that be sufficient for the monstaliner to adhere too? Of course I'm still going to scuff and clean with Mel too.
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #6
flcracker
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I just rolled two good coats on the exterior and of my tub and didn't even get one gallon on so I have another gallon to do the interior with.... really happy with the results so far....

My Jeep is possessed with the goal of making me lose my religion....
flcracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.