Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Money pit strikes again lift swap question

500 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  newtjrjrjr 
#1 ·
Well, I have a 95 Rio Grande and had sagging rear leafs. So about two weeks ago me and 3 other friends who were in there own jeep were wheeling and one friend with a 94 wrangler blew 3 pistons through the block long story short we tow him home. I unbolted the shocks , drive shafts, break lines, drop pitman and leafs and rolled the 4" suspension out and bolted right into mine. the rear shocks he had where shot so i put everything in and bolted 25x12.20r15 and took it for a ride around the block everything was fine. now i went on the highway and hit 35-40 and it started to shimmy the 40-50 i got the death shake and wheel whopp. so is that from no rear shocks, front alinment prob or what im clueless cause i put my 30x9.50r15 and it went away so idk ill leave it up to you guys. Thanks for reading

#4 ·
i ordered new u-bolts cause the old ones were loose and rusted on so i couldnt tighten them. i droped the pitman arm, no sway's, steering box is fine and angle is fine nothing radical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.