Mirrors when taking doors off, what do you do - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Mirrors when taking doors off, what do you do

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-12-2007, 04:45 PM   #16
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I just look over my shoulder before changing lanes. Colorado has a "one rearward facing mirror law".

42-4-226. Mirrors - exterior placements.
Statute text
(1) Every motor vehicle shall be equipped with a mirror or mirrors so located and so constructed as to reflect to the driver a free and unobstructed view of the highway for a distance of at least two hundred feet to the rear of such vehicle.

In short, my rearview mirror is all I need.

www.rockfrogs.org
E_ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2007, 08:21 PM   #17
RANGER_DANGER
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure about the laws in Michigan but when i went doorless i went right past a cop and he didn't even give me a second look, kinda suprising considering there was a wind chill of like -5 degrees. People were taking pictures of me and my buddy with their phones.
RANGER_DANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2007, 08:28 PM   #18
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

the only mirror my jeep has ever had is the rear view mirror. bought half doors and i thought the useless mirrors looked ugly so i took them off and sold them on eBay for almost $75

-Erik <--- loves slack NC police
'89 Wrangler, 4.0/AW4, 106" Wheelbase, SOA, custom XJ packs, 2" Body. Front High Pinion Dana 44 w/yukon super-joints, chromo inners and outers, and a Lincoln Locker. Rear Dana 60 w/Yukon 1.5" 35 Spline chomo shafts and detroit locker. 5.38 Yukon Gears. Hydro-Assist, 39.5x18" Boggers on 15x12 RockKrawler's w/ 2.75" of backspacing. Comp cut, tube fenders, custom bumpers and rock sliders, fuel cell, CB, Stewart Warner Gauges, SmittyBilt XRC8 Winch, 140 Amp CS-144 Alternator, Electric Fan, and a cooler of beer. 3897 lbs

March 1st, 8pm. WILMINGTON, NC MEET & GREET @ HOOTERS!
Big-n-Broke-YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.