I've had a few requests for the mirror mount I fab'd in my "dog ate my jeep" thread so here is a pic and the mod......sorry it took so long
1. cut a piece of 1/4" strap 9" long by 2" wide
2. bend the strap 90 degrees at 5.5" for the dash side.
3. drill a hole on the long side 1" in from the end. (for dash bolt)
4. on the 3.5" side, come in 1-1/8" and cut 3/4", go over 1" and cut 3/4"
5. bend the cut piece into a 90 facing in.
6. drill a hole (for bolt to go into and also into hinge hole. (bolt will go up through the hinge into the plate and a nut on the top of the bent/cut piece.
7. place mirror over outside of 3.5" piece and mark mounting holes
8. drill holes for mirror,
9. mount bracket to dash, then to hinge, then mount mirror on bracket and voilla home made mirror mount.....
and yes it is patented