Mile Marker Hydraulic Winch Install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Mile Marker Hydraulic Winch Install

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-09-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
JAWSnAZ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Mile Marker Hydraulic Winch Install

I didn't find any real good install instructions here so I searched the net. I found this and it is what "SHOULD" come with the winch when you spend the big cash to go hydraulic. The instructions that I got with the winch were a little weak IMO.

Mile Marker Hydraulic Winch Installation

JAWSnAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
raStapiMpjaY
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I followed this guys write up as well as the provided instructions. It takes a bit of planning as to how to route the wires. I also installed an inline transmission filter. I cut out a section of the hose below the power steering reservoir and placed it there. But my kit didn't come with multiple adapters like his did. I ended up buying an adapter so both sides have the 90 degree elbow exiting/entering the selonid (this required and extension and another 90degree piece, I went to a local nut and bolt place and ordered them). I trimmed the lower part of my grill and ran one hose through the right most grill slot and the other around the grill support piece.

I also removed the entire control unit and took out the feamle receiver portion (where the hand controller plugs into). I am currently trying to plan where exactly to mount it. I am thinking either in the grill, fender, or inside the cab on the dash

NOTE: be careful not to get dirt in the selonid. I had it out with the holes plugged but I somehow got dirt or rust in there. I had to get a replacement from milemarker
raStapiMpjaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
Stud_man50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry to bring this thread back up but me and my boss both just bought used HI10500 and he went and bought the hydraulic adapter kit from mile marker for $100 and installed his, but he tore some of the little tags off the 6adapters they give you.... You only need 2 so I have the part number 90-50400 I believe off the adapter coming from the pump but I don't have the # of the one going to the steering box, if I can get that number I can order just those two adapters and save $$ with parts I don't need.
Stud_man50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic , mile marker , winch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.