Michael's SOA finished! LOTS of PICS!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Michael's SOA finished! LOTS of PICS!!

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 10-15-2007, 10:02 AM   #16
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

looks sick dude...maybe a little to tall, but curious how it drives, more so corners, Im going similar this winter, SOA, but only a 1' OME springs and shackles, seeing yours now tho I may go with a 2' spring, if yours are 3.5 and the BL.....thats not bad....

sick=cool, nice....off the hook...go big or go home I heard one guy say once...now all you need is full widths and a V8.....

One thing tho lifting it sure brings out all the rusty, dirty spots hey.....LOL

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 10:05 AM   #17
Michael_94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91yjwrangler6
Nah the crossmember wont bend. It usually just breaks that big chunk of the crossmember out.
that's what i would think too.
flowmaster,15x12 wheels & 35x15 TSLs, sway bar discos, 3.5" leaves SOA + shackles, 2" body lift, JB steering bracket, SYE, M.O.R.E. anti-wrap bar, Bilsteins 5125s up front & BDS Hydros out back, axles in the works
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...y/Image075.jpg
Michael_94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 10:09 AM   #18
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's

1998 XJ Cherokee 

may just be the camera angle, but the pinion looks a couple of degree's up, not down as it should be... if you are getting a little vibe, that may be the cause of it.
your speedo....hmmmm....i would pull the speedo gear out and make sure everything is seated right. aswell as checking the wires, maybe theye got stretched a little??
free tires are good! i would not go that tall myself, but its yours and not mine, so congrats on what looks like a job well done!
you may want to look into shock extenders on the front, cant really see the rear ones at the tub. that would get you @2" more shock travel...just a a heads up!
looks good overall, well done. and tell yer dad if he wants to come to my house, i got plenty he can weld... just give me enough notice to grind all my snotty welds off first ok?

martin
2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/swap-offically-underway-324622/

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!
leftlanetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 10:09 AM   #19
Michael_94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggityjeeper
looks sick dude...maybe a little to tall, but curious how it drives, more so corners, Im going similar this winter, SOA, but only a 1' OME springs and shackles, seeing yours now tho I may go with a 2' spring, if yours are 3.5 and the BL.....thats not bad....

sick=cool, nice....off the hook...go big or go home I heard one guy say once...now all you need is full widths and a V8.....

One thing tho lifting it sure brings out all the rusty, dirty spots hey.....LOL
Thanks for the kind words! It handles suprisingly great around corners. I do have my sway bar connected but no track bars. If you plan on getting in any steep off camber places, you may want to stay lower COG. Mine sees no rocks in GA. Maybe when i retire it from my dd though. Full widths are on the way. V8? nah... will probably end up going Atlas and low gears instead. And if i ever do change the motor, it will probably be a deisel...
flowmaster,15x12 wheels & 35x15 TSLs, sway bar discos, 3.5" leaves SOA + shackles, 2" body lift, JB steering bracket, SYE, M.O.R.E. anti-wrap bar, Bilsteins 5125s up front & BDS Hydros out back, axles in the works
Unread 10-15-2007, 10:18 AM   #20
Michael_94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftlanetruckin
may just be the camera angle, but the pinion looks a couple of degree's up, not down as it should be... if you are getting a little vibe, that may be the cause of it.
your speedo....hmmmm....i would pull the speedo gear out and make sure everything is seated right. aswell as checking the wires, maybe theye got stretched a little??
free tires are good! i would not go that tall myself, but its yours and not mine, so congrats on what looks like a job well done!
you may want to look into shock extenders on the front, cant really see the rear ones at the tub. that would get you @2" more shock travel...just a a heads up!
looks good overall, well done. and tell yer dad if he wants to come to my house, i got plenty he can weld... just give me enough notice to grind all my snotty welds off first ok?

martin
Hey thanks Martin i appreciate it! I think it may just be the camera angle but i will adjust and see if that helps. I haven't taken the speedo out again yet but i will this afternoon to make sure things seat up the way they should.
And i know most people would go this high with a jeep but we can't all have the same jeeps right? I'm going to enjoy it for now, as i have always wanted a huge jeep. The excitment won't last forever though and i will one day snap back to reality and come down a little. First the body lift will go! Then maybe some smaller springs, but like i said this is how it is for a while

I've got roughly 5" of up travel in the front and rear before my shocks bottom out and about 9" droop. I will end up adjusting a lot of things before it's over. We just finished last night.
Unread 10-15-2007, 10:35 AM   #21
Michael_94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Also, to save me some heartache, does anyone know what size u-joint go in the xj front drive shaft on the double cardan joint side? I need to replace both i think. My guess was 1310.
Unread 10-15-2007, 10:41 AM   #22
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_94YJ
Also, to save me some heartache, does anyone know what size u-joint go in the xj front drive shaft on the double cardan joint side? I need to replace both i think. My guess was 1310.

1310 is the size on the 98XJ shaft I picked up.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #23
Michael_94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler
1310 is the size on the 98XJ shaft I picked up.
excellent! on all ends, right? I'll pick some up today. Thanks
Unread 10-15-2007, 10:53 AM   #24
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

As far as I know yes.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 04:49 PM   #25
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's

1998 XJ Cherokee 

should be 1310's from front to back michael..
i wasnt critizing your ride whatsoever, if all jeeps were the same, would be BORING
i run 2.5" old man emu springs, and they seem to work just right for me, any taller and i would have to air fully down to get it in the shop! so thats about the limit for me, but i did notice that scotts has grown since i last saw it...went up there yesterday to take mine for a test run after the atlas install and give him a hand for a couple of hours, and noticed right away that his has grown.
if you are happy with it, and its safe, i wouldnt care 1 bit what others have to say.you built it for you, not them. just remember that

martin
2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324622

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!
leftlanetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 05:37 PM   #26
GConnors
1993 YJ Wrangler 

When I did my SYE kit, I put the speedometer housing in rotated (there are 4 possible positions) and didn't get any response from my speedometer. I was positive I put it in right, but nope, just turned it 90 degrees and it worked fine. Worth a shot... I hope you didn't forget to put the speedometer ring gear on the output shaft...
GConnors is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 09:37 PM   #27
Ryanpowell167
1992 YJ Wrangler 

You have to match up the tooth count of the speedo gear and the range on the gear housing. There are numbers on the metal plate that holds down the gear. If you put it in wrong, it will either not contact the gear, or it will chew the gear up fast...
Unread 10-15-2007, 10:12 PM   #28
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

As a heads-up, those upper ujoints sure look like they are going to bind.

They look as if they are being made to operate past their limits.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 10:47 PM   #29
Borla87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

looks awesome....SO TALL....Mean looking.... Nice job

()_)- ()_)---=-)_)
Borla87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2007, 05:50 AM   #30
dell2028
1995 YJ Wrangler 

How's the air up there?

Really tall. Full Widths will help with stability. And bigger tires.

95 YJ, D30/8.8 w/ 4.88s, SOA, 35x14.50x16.5 Pit Bull Mud Dawgs, 101" Wheelbase, Custom Front Bumper, Winch, Custom Rear Tow Points, Traction Bar, Aussie Locker in front, 20 Gal. Gas Tank modification, Hurculiner Tub, Custom Rear Bumper, SYE and CV shaft, BTF Cross-over Steering, RCI 2191 fuel cell, BTF Rockers, RE 1.5" SOA springs up front and XJ springs in the rear

Down the line a bit...engine swap, the list goes on.
dell2028 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.