Metal Cloak Overline Fenders Installed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Metal Cloak Overline Fenders Installed

Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
brinoff

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Metal Cloak Overline Fenders Installed

About 2 weeks ago I ordered a set of Metal Cloak Overline Fenders and 4" Flares in bare metal. After spending a week prepping and painting I finally started the install last Friday Night. I tend to work slowly so that I can clean and touchup any parts that may need it while i have the old YJ apart. Of all the parts I have "bolted on", these were by far the best, most well thought out items. All of the bolt holes line up perfectly, even the parts they asked me to modify lines up perfectly afterwords. They are extremely well built and very stout. I only ran into a couple of minor problems. 1) The stock airbox was having some fitment issues against the power steering resevoir. 2) The hood rubs at the back of the tube fender, (A temporary fix was to space the fender from the grill with washers until I regain the patience to work this out a little better. 3) Not really a problem, but worth mentioning: I like my scissor jack for changing tires. After the install, there is no room for the jack. A small sacrifice for what was gained. Thank you Metal Cloak, I am so impressed with this product.

So on to some pictures. Enjoy!

What I started with 4 years ago.

What I was working with about a year ago.

All parts disassembled

The fender a liner aligned for intial fitment

Hard to see, but this is the rub issue on the passenger fender looking toward the tub. The aluminum fender liner is bolted to the fender, and to the left is the tube and the paint rubbed off from contacting the hood. This is happening on both sides.

What you came to see!

They look real good. No rub problems anymore.

I can post more if there something specific you want to see.

The only thing I would have done differently, would be to have them powder coated for the minimal amount they ask. I spent so much time prepping and painting, only to find myself scratching them by looking at them too hard.

93YJ 4.0 I6, AX-15, NP231 Teraflex SYE, Tom Wood Drive Shaft, G2 D44 ARB, ARB locked 30, T&T customs axle trusses, ProComp 35" Mud Terrain, RE SD 4" Lift, Daystar 1" BL, Harbor Freight 8000 Winch, Swing Away Tire Carrier, and some other stuff.
brinoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Wow, nice! Nice transformation pics. The rear ones are next right. That will complete the look. What can you say, looks incredible, great job.
moonshinefuel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #3
brinoff

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshinefuel View Post
Wow, nice! Nice transformation pics. The rear ones are next right. That will complete the look. What can you say, looks incredible, great job.
I don't know. I don't have any flex problems out back. I may just give them a coat of paint and call it good. Unless you have some money you'd like to send my way

It's also getting pretty heavy. I may need to think about heavy duty springs at the rate I'm going.
93YJ 4.0 I6, AX-15, NP231 Teraflex SYE, Tom Wood Drive Shaft, G2 D44 ARB, ARB locked 30, T&T customs axle trusses, ProComp 35" Mud Terrain, RE SD 4" Lift, Daystar 1" BL, Harbor Freight 8000 Winch, Swing Away Tire Carrier, and some other stuff.
brinoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Those are my favorite fenders. They definitely allow you to run the next size or two up for tires with the same size lift. Great rig, Brinoff!

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
uriahyj

Your jeep is looking awesome, I was thinking of picking some of these up too

do you mind posting some pics with the fenders unscrewed ?
uriahyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

Very nice install! I did my MetalCloaks a few weeks back and it is by FAR my favorite mod to date. I did the rears at the same time, it really does complete the look.

I liked how you painted the inner fenders black. I was debating this too, but left it go for now.

Just since I see them on there... What rockers are you running? And did you have to cut them down to size to fit properly with the MetalCloaks? I'm running AtoZ Fab rocker guards and I had to cut a good 6" of the rocker guards off in the front to fit properly. Looks like you did similar.
Unread 04-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

Quote:
Originally Posted by uriahyj View Post
do you mind posting some pics with the fenders unscrewed ?
You mean without the flares installed? (Sorry to hijack...) - I've got a ton of pictures outlining my install and various modes with the fenders.

MetalCloak Fenders Pimptiva.com

Here are my Overlines and my 33" MT tires.

Comparison with no flare and 6" flare.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.