MC2150 + HEI Upgrade Makes Moose Happy - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > MC2150 + HEI Upgrade Makes Moose Happy

2011-2014 Jeep JK Wrangler Tuning now available on SuperchSteinjager TJ tube doorsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-05-2006, 06:57 PM   #16
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

Postman brought the HEI dist today. Now, I am getting psyched!

atomicmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2006, 08:20 PM   #17
wranglerkid16

i have the 2150 with the hei and it doesnt run quite right....he told me that just the hei would be fine with the big carb...what can i do to fix it? its running like crap, doesnt run at all when its cold(it idles high but wont drive) and it bogs when your just trying to cruise, he wont answer emails at all...i think he said something about being in the marines, maybe thats why it takes him so long some times, who knows
Unread 06-06-2006, 08:12 AM   #18
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerkid16
i have the 2150 with the hei and it doesnt run quite right....he told me that just the hei would be fine with the big carb...what can i do to fix it? its running like crap, doesnt run at all when its cold(it idles high but wont drive) and it bogs when your just trying to cruise, he wont answer emails at all...i think he said something about being in the marines, maybe thats why it takes him so long some times, who knows
I suggest you start your own thread and quit crapping in mine.
Unread 06-12-2006, 08:59 AM   #19
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

Welp, the MC2150 came in on Friday and I spent a few hours over the weekeng installing it. Almost there. I have been taking pics along the way, and I will post them once I upload.

I will say that I am very pleased with the product itself, but the instructions are lacking....good thing I can figure stuff out.

So nice to be rid of those vacuum lines!

Just one question so far... Those of you that have done this swap, did you retain your EGR, and if not, did you cap it, remove it, just leave it?

All in all, it is going well. I just need more than 24 hours in a day!
Unread 06-12-2006, 09:11 AM   #20
wraithyjeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicmoose
Welp, the MC2150 came in on Friday and I spent a few hours over the weekeng installing it. Almost there. I have been taking pics along the way, and I will post them once I upload.

I will say that I am very pleased with the product itself, but the instructions are lacking....good thing I can figure stuff out.

So nice to be rid of those vacuum lines!

Just one question so far... Those of you that have done this swap, did you retain your EGR, and if not, did you cap it, remove it, just leave it?

All in all, it is going well. I just need more than 24 hours in a day!
I still have my egr might cap it later .......just leaving it won't hurt default position is closed. just pull the line going to it.
Although the egr does serve a purpose to lower cylinder temps and reduce pre-ignition and lowers HCg as well.
89 YJ, 4.2, 5 speed, 2" lift, 235 75 r 15 M/T. CRT's HEI, MC2150 1.08, OBA, 120V inverter. removable Light bar, 10 hella lamps, trail rack w/ jerry cans, champion winch, high lift jack, C.B., lined tub. H4 Conversion headlamps, reveiw mirror w map lights. royal blue with matching trailer.

[URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/vbgooglemapme.php?lat=44.15185125207628&lng=-77.65274047851562&zoom=8]My location[/URL]
wraithyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2006, 10:13 AM   #21
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithyjeep
I still have my egr might cap it later .......just leaving it won't hurt default position is closed. just pull the line going to it.
Although the egr does serve a purpose to lower cylinder temps and reduce pre-ignition and lowers HCg as well.
I have read that just leaving it there won't hurt....unless it is faulty. That is what I was asking about removal.

(HCg=Hydro Carbon Gas?)
Unread 06-12-2006, 10:17 AM   #22
wraithyjeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicmoose
I have read that just leaving it there won't hurt....unless it is faulty. That is what I was asking about removal.

(HCg=Hydro Carbon Gas?)
well if it is faulty then remove and cap
yes to HCg

Ps if you noticed increased spark knock, hook it back up and fast.
89 YJ, 4.2, 5 speed, 2" lift, 235 75 r 15 M/T. CRT's HEI, MC2150 1.08, OBA, 120V inverter. removable Light bar, 10 hella lamps, trail rack w/ jerry cans, champion winch, high lift jack, C.B., lined tub. H4 Conversion headlamps, reveiw mirror w map lights. royal blue with matching trailer.

[URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/vbgooglemapme.php?lat=44.15185125207628&lng=-77.65274047851562&zoom=8]My location[/URL]
Unread 06-12-2006, 10:35 AM   #23
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithyjeep
well if it is faulty then remove and cap
yes to HCg

Ps if you noticed increased spark knock, hook it back up and fast.
Why would that cause spark knock?

I don't have the Jeep in running order just yet. Hope to get some more garage time tonight.
Unread 06-12-2006, 05:20 PM   #24
MaineYJ

It recirculates some of the exhaust gas back into the intake manifold, reburning it and keeping combustion chamber temperatures down cutting down on spark knock under acceleration. Does nothing at idle as there would be almost no vacuum on it.
Unread 06-13-2006, 07:39 AM   #25
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

Alright....worked on it some more last night.

There are so many more vacuum connections on this thing that are in all of the diagrams. If anyone can offer some direction on this, I'd appreciate it.
Unread 06-13-2006, 11:37 AM   #26
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

Also, did you guys retain these?
http://home.sprynet.com/~dale02/vacuum.htm
Unread 06-13-2006, 12:14 PM   #27
wraithyjeep

nope gone gone gone sory had to repeat as i was to short

Unread 06-13-2006, 12:32 PM   #28
mtglass

Been there, done that. Why wasn't this post here a month ago? Just my luck.

As far as the EGR. I got as much ping without as with so I'm running without it.
I'm running without the vacuum advance as well. But I hope getting the exhaust to flow more freely will help me advance the timing some.

Yeah, that's the dude. I left him good feedback because it does work. The instructions were a little confusing, but I managed. The extra power led to me break the rear universal. I got 32's and it goes like heck. Powers down the highway in OD, too.

You should be satisfied, but like the others have mentioned, don't rely on the dude for support. "all set ups are different"

I had the most problems figuring out the Nutter bypass.
mtglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2006, 01:42 PM   #29
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

My issues with the Nutter were well documented here on the forums.
Now, I am bascially going to undo all that and remove it.

OK, so what all can I remove now? So far I have removed:

EGR
Vacumm Res +associated lines.
Pulse Air
Vac Solenoids +associated lines.

Can I ditch the Decel Valve and all the related lines?

I really need some direction with what lines need to stay and which can go. I am going for a minimalist setup. Emissions control stuff is not a concern.

Pictures for this Moose are a good thing.
Unread 06-13-2006, 02:01 PM   #30
wraithyjeep

you need just a vacum line to your dizzy off of ported either on the front or pass side of carb.
you need a manifold sorce from the manifold to the red 4x4 line
chuck everything else

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.