MC2100 Problem>>>Help Please!!! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > MC2100 Problem>>>Help Please!!!

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 11-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #31
paintguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax89Jeeper View Post
The weber carbs are more of a PITA to get tuned properly, the MC is the better of the two.
I have heard the same thing about the Webers being a pain to tune and having to tune them more often than the MCs. My brother swears by the Webers but when I did the nutter bypass three years ago, i read about the MC's vs the Webers and chose the MC -- the reason I am thinking of a Weber, is because they are new and not reman'ed correct?

I am usually the type to repair (or have repaired) what I have and not spend the dough -- I'll have to see if I can find someone in my area to rebush the shaft with new brass ones. i will let you all know how I make out.
Thanks again everyone!!

Unread 11-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #32
Alabamaranger
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I would not worry about the bushing. I believe if you check others with a spray, they will all leak in that area. I would stay away from a Weber, never had much luck with those. If you do a internet search, the 2150 is about one of the best carbs ever built.
Unread 11-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #33
paintguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabamaranger View Post
I would not worry about the bushing. I believe if you check others with a spray, they will all leak in that area. I would stay away from a Weber, never had much luck with those. If you do a internet search, the 2150 is about one of the best carbs ever built.
I have seen a little fuel leak out of the throttle shaft on the driver's side of carb when manually working the throttle linkage while the engine is off -- she runs great but only idles great sometimes and other times not so good -- I have to re-tune and make sure choke is working properly and will report back. I know all my vacuum lines are in good cond. and have a new base gasket. I am thinking I may have made a mistake when re-installing the carb after removal and power valve replacement: I had a spare base gasket thankfully, and when I installed it I think I should have cut out the piece of the gasket in between the two barrels -- I left it there and think it may be causing a prob?? It didn't seem like there was anywhere for it to seat to (the gasket part in between the two carb barrels) and I think my old gasket from the original install was cut-out there?
Thanks again everyone for your help here!
Unread 11-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #34
Alabamaranger
1990 YJ Wrangler 

"I have seen a little fuel leak out of the throttle shaft on the driver's side of carb when manually working the throttle linkage while the engine is off --" A lot of carbs do that.
Unread 11-05-2011, 07:48 PM   #35
paintguy

Thank you alabamaranger for the info.! I re-tuned the carb from cold, starting with setting the choke and then idle speed and then adjusting the air/fuel screws with a final tweak on the idle and she is running and idling like a champ!!
Definitely was the power valve failure causing it to run [super] rich and the final tuning that evened everything out!! Another testament to the MC2100/2150 carbs! And I was thinking of switching to a weber!! Glad I stuck with it and with all of your help made it possible!!
Happy wheeling Brothers and Sisters!!
Unread 11-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #36
Alabamaranger
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Glad you got it fix. On the Weber, you are operating off a 1 barrel carb until you get into the throttle, than the secondary barrel opens up. I remember Ford Pinto's had those Webers and never did like those. We had a Weber on my son's Jeep and we put a 2150 on it and the Jeep came alive with power. He said he will never go back.
Unread 11-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #37
Jax89Jeeper
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out... Like has been said many times, its hard to beat the MC.
Jax89Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.