May YJOTM Vote Now!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > May YJOTM Vote Now!!!!

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

View Poll Results: Post when you vote or it will not count!!
Parkerm26 20 17.24%
BarryBum 29 25.00%
93jeepREDSOX 2 1.72%
94chb 9 7.76%
mudcrawler90 8 6.90%
Rynfw100 0 0%
booboowv77 1 0.86%
bgredjeep 38 32.76%
Almighty90 9 7.76%
AmmitOsiris 0 0%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 05-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

May YJOTM Vote Now!!!!

Alrighty folks, here is the fifth contest and we have an awesome prize donated by 12voltguy.com. Even if you didn't even enter the contest, it's worth heading over to the site and find something that will fit your individual jeep build.

Vote for the TJOTM here
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````

parkerm26

YJ year of production: 1993

Specifications and modifications:
-All work to my YJ was done by myself unless otherwise noted
-Stock 4.0 motor with CAI and AX-15, 139,000k
-NP231 w/ JB Conversions Super Short SYE
-New frame sand blasted, dipped in hot acid, and hot galvy dipped
-Dana 60 front narrowed 5.5 inches (done by forum member jason m) ARB locker, 4.88 USA gears (installed by local shop), completely rebuilt (ALL bearings and seals), high steer w/ 1 ton TRE's and 1/4 wall DOM tube, Warn premium hubs
-14 Bolt FF rear w/ cab & chassis hubs, 4.88 USA gears (installed by local shop), completely rebuilt, disk brakes
-E-350 Brake Master Cylinder w/ all new hard lines and new 12" extended stainless soft lines
-38x15.5xR16 Toyo Open Country M/T's on 16x8 Eagle Alloy 186's, 8 on 6.5 lug pattern
-4" springs, 1" shackles, SOA w/ 1" Daystar full body mount replacement.
-Custom 2.5 inch fully welded exhaust
-Aqualu High line front fenders powdercoated
-Entire bottom of body sanded and painted w/ POR-15
-Crossmember and gas tank skid painted w/ POR-15
-22.5 inch driveshaft custom built (done by local shop)
-York OBA (145psi self-regulated) with mid size york on custom bracket, filtered into a 3 gallon tank all set up for filling tires, air tools, ARB, and train horns.
-Optima battery
-Clutch and flywheel replaced myself march '11
-Custom center console built from composite deck material with rocker-switch pannel, speaker amplifier, and subwoofer w/ amplifier
-Solid aluminum 2" tank round replica shift knob lathed myself.
-I have an excel spreadsheet documenting all parts costs of the 1 ton and frame swap
Lots more things to come including a 4BT!

Brief history of your jeep and how it came to be:
-I bought this jeep completely stock with my own money 3 years ago when I turned 17. Only had 104,500k then. first thing i did was buy a lift. over the next 2 years i spent countless hours on JeepForum researching more and more. I funded and completed the entire 1 ton swap myself with the help of friends. I daily drive it 25 miles each way to work everyday and it has never let me down. Sorry I don't have any pics of wheeling it since I finished the 2 tons a month ago. Trying to work out the minor kinks first. In august I plan on conquering the mud hole that swallowed it last year when i only had a 4 inch lift with 33's!

```````````````````````````````````````````

BarryBum

My YJ is a 95 Sahara
Mods: 4 inch Rough Country Suspension Lift, Rubicon wheels with Goodyear MTR tires, modified TJ from bumper
Brief History: I had been looking for the "right" Jeep for a quite a while. My wife and I were on vacation on the coast of SC and much to her disapproval my quest for a Jeep continued while I was on vacation. I ran across this Jeep on Craigslist. It is a 95 Sahara, 5speed with 187,000 miles but it still has original paint and all original interior in immaculate condition. It was exactly what I was looking for. A girl owned, girl driven street Jeep. I went and looked at it and bought it no questions asked. Upon getting it home, I bought new top, cleaned it up and started enjoying it. I kept it all stock until this spring when I installed the lift and Rubicon wheels.

"]

```````````````````````````````````````

93jeepREDSOX

1993 YJ

Its a 4.0l rest of the standard stuff
8.8 in the rear
4" RE lift with 1/2" boomerage shackles
Sye with RE cv shaft
Warn bumpers front and rear
Warn skids
Hella off road lights
Herced tub
Ammo box storage
CB
33" Trxus M/Ts
A-Z rocker gurads
TJ flares

So i got the jeep when i was 17, and it had a moderate 2" lift and 32" bfg a/ts. It has been my dd and trail rig when its not broken for the past 6 years. After my first wheeling trip and i broke a couple things, i decided i wanted a bit bigger lift and tires and that included doing the sye kit and all that fun stuff. So now my wife drives, chief (grandpa was in the navy and helped with building before he passed, thus the name origin), and soon when we get a third working vehicle this will be more of just a trail rig. I remember entering in one of the first yj of the month contests a looonng time ago so hopefully everybody still like it, haha, lots of awsome jeeps in this now.

When i first got it

During the build

And how it sits now

````````````````````````````````````````````

94chb

1989 YJ Wrangler
Engine
4.2 carb swapped to 4.0 H.O fuel injected with 04
intake manifold with 5.0 injectors, durango steering box, 98 grand cherokee power steering pump, tj power steering lines.
Transmission
automatic tf999 swapped to ax-15
Transfer Case
Front Axle
HP dana 30 Cable Locker
Rear Axle
89 comanchee dana 44 with trac lock
Gear Ratio
4:10
Suspension
4.5 suspension, 2in body, 1in boomerang shackles
Tires
33x11.50 Adventuro M/T
Wheels
15in Pacer Black Rock crawler rims with beadlocks
Recovery
9500 lb HS Warn winch, Welded on Dozer D Rings
Armor
kc lights, oil pan skid, Completely Rhino Lined
Accessories
pace setter headers with straight pipe, 06 tj
breather box

I had a 24ft pontoon boat i traded for this wrangler and soon realized what i got myself into and i wanted it built my way so i pulled everything out and swapped everything i could find from all of the best parts form all different jeeps.

`````````````````````````````````````````````

Mudcrawler90

1990 Jeep Wangler YJ

Lift:
spring over and 1” shackles
Drivetrain:
4.2L I6 with Weber carb
AX-15 5 speed
NP 231 with Slip yoke eliminator and CV shaft
Armor:
Custom ” steel Front bumper
Smittybilt XRC rocker guards
Gen-Right short corner guard
Axles:
HP Dana 30 front with JB 4x4 high steer bracket and lock rite
Ford 8.8 rear with limited slip and disk breaks
4.10 gears
Electronics:
CB Radio
Sony Xplod head unit
Digital gauges in an Auto Meter center gauge cluster
55 watt fog lights on custom bumper mount
ProComp 100 watt lights on the hinges
Other odds and ends:
32" BFG Mud Terrains on Pro Comp Rock Crawler Wheels
1999 TJ roll Cage w/ sound bar and custom rear hoop
Raptor Lined tub
POR-15 on the entire undercarriage (frame, axles, springs, etc.)
Custom made flip-up license plate/light/camera mount.
Sway bar disconnects (because I’m not the only person who will ever drive this and the others can’t handle the body roll)
1” Daystar body lift
Plenty of custom pin striping thanks to tight NE Ohio/Western PA trails.

Anticanman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Rynfw100

1993 Jeep Wrangler YJ
(In Progress)
5.2L 318 Magnum Engine
AX-15 from a 1997 TJ
Np231J with 23 spline input swapped in and SYE
2.5" OME HD 036R springs on all 4 corners
On 32-11.5-15" Remington Mud Brutes (Great Tires)
mounted on Cragar 15" Black Steel wheels
Bike Shifter Hand Throttle, 3 Smittybuilt Hand Grips (Too many foreheads smacked on center Roll bar), and homemade highlift mount.
I bought the Jeep back in early 2010, my Senior year in Highschool, and have been in love ever since. When we bought it, we knew it had the infamous "Oil Spray" all over the firewall and airbox. Upon searching the internet I found Jeepforum.com, and the true addiction started from there.
My first mod was to make some bastard packs out of some S-10 and 1/2 ton springs, well these got scrapped recently and I put on some Old man Emu 036R rear springs on all 4 corners to accumulate 3.5" of lift on all 4 corners. Afterwards, I did a couple of small things around the Jeep while I threw around a couple of ideas on what to do with the Motor (2.5L at that time).
In April, I bit the bullet after doing a year and a half of research and help from some great people here on the forums and pulled that oil gun of an engine and Started my swap on my 5.2L engine that I got from a Grand Cherokee. Currently I'm just working on the wiring, a new SYE kit so I can get the T-Case back on, then it is just small stuff to put back on.
Enough Talk, more pictures

```````````````````````````````````````
booboowv77

1989 yj
My yj has the 258 6 cylinder, mc 2150 carb, bastard packs, 33/12.50/15 with creagar V5 wheels, fresh paint job, and so much more that I am forgetting right now.
I just bought my heep in august of 2011. When I purchased it it only had 60,000 miles on it but looked like someone just dumped paint down across it. So the first thing I did was totally strip it down to bare metal and start from scratch. After 2 months of sanding and shooting I ended up with a nice shiny coat of paint, just to take it out 2 days later and scratch the hell out of it in the woods. Then over the past few months I have been doing all of the other stuff like Carb upgrade, Bastard packs, Longer shocks off multiable ford trucks, Team Rush upgrade, Nuttered, all of this thanks to JF. My current projects that I could not have done with out JF are Spare tire carrier, and 8.8 swap.

`````````````````````````````````````````
bgredjeep

1987 Wrangler, 4.2 w/ Howell EFI, HEI, t18/Dana 20.
Dana 44 front, Aussie locker, x-over steering, chromoly shafts, Longfield 300m joints, hydro assist, PSC extreme box.
Dana 44 rear, No-Slip locker, Disks, trussed, 4.56 f/r
SOA front on RE 1.5" springs. rear 4-link w/ 14" radflo coilovers, 105" wb
37" Iroks on 15x8 steel beadlocks
T-Max 9000 winch, High-Lift.
Steel corner guards, homemade rocker guards, off-road tech bumper, Custom flat skid, Rev111 fenders
Full Cage, frame backhalved, Corbeau Ultra SS seats, 5pt harness, Brown Dog MML, 20#co2, storage rack.

Harlan 2012
Lion's Den

Below Mason Jar

Mason Jar

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``
Almighty90

2.5l 5-speed
30/35 axles
suspension/lift spec:
rugged trail springs, 1" ground pounder fab boom shackles, 1" daystar bl, procomp shocks.
tire/wheels:
33" Xterrain mounted on eagle alloys.
exterior:
cut factory flares, 100 watt procomp windshield mounted lights, smittybuilt src front bumper with 55 watt procomp lights, mv-50 compressor mounted under the hood, harbor freight reverse lights.
interior:
herculined tub, grant steering wheel, smittybuilt locking center console, cobra cb/pa, 48" high lift jack

```````````````````````````````````````````````
AmmitOsiris

My CANADIAN 1990 blue/grey jeep wrangler YJ made in April of 1990
All Stock for now, have 2.5 OME Springs on , P235/75/15 PEGASUS ADVANTA A/T's on Black Steelies, Has Stock gray HardTop, the very sexy old school style rollbar, 5 Speed AX15, NP 231, D30, D35, 3.07 gear ratio, max speed of 80 MPH!!!!..... only if it was 88 MPH then i could time travel......

well hi im JAKE...or as somebody else says it.. "Jake The Snake".... my jeep and i came into contact 5 years before i got her, she was in a field where we got our retarded cats at and i was like thats what i want for my first car, well skip forward 4 years... my mom had asked the owner of the land if we can keep some 4H animals on there property and they said yes and i was always around it always sitting in it and just inspecting it, well a year later on March 17th 2011(16th birthday) my parents bought it for me and surprised me with it, and we've been together ever since, but then the horrible happened i got into an accident on February 03rd 2012 (brakes failed) and i ruined the whole driver side front clip of it but i got her fixed up for the most part... and im driving her. we got some OME 36 R springs on her now and have a procomp bumper thing on it that i got from J&W jeep wreckers for a whopping $30!!!!
Also SPRINGER stands for how i got her in the spring and fixed her in the spring and how i have no shocks just straight springs for now..
1 week after the accident

how she sits well sorta, no recent pics of puddle dashing but here she is

Unread 05-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Barrybum got my vote. Love a clean sahara
Unread 05-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #4
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Holy hard ... once again a great group of jeeps, I voted for Barry, basically stock w' lift but looks showroom clean.

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #5
bgredjeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Looking like a clean DD kind of month. I just prefer wheeling. Went for mudcrawler.
bgredjeep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2012, 12:50 AM   #6
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Voted for 94chb because that's how I want my jeep too look like in a way.....
AmmitOsiris is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2012, 05:44 AM   #7
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Great entries like always.

My vote is cast.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #8
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

vote cast
kingcat400 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #9
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Man, every month these rigs get more beastly. I dont think Ill ever have a chance in YJOTM again lol

voted
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #10
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

voted. good looking rigs

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #11
bikerdude
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Voted. Another round of fantastic entries.
bikerdude is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #12
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandboost98 View Post
Man, every month these rigs get more beastly. I dont think Ill ever have a chance in YJOTM again lol

voted
That is the reason I don't put my rig in, IMO mine just never seems to rank up there with most of the ones I see on here.

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #13
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
That is the reason I don't put my rig in, IMO mine just never seems to rank up there with most of the ones I see on here.
You have a better chance than me
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #14
rmappelt
1993 YJ Wrangler 

My vote is in. Nice collection of different rigs. I like seeing a variety of YJs!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-93-yj-build-slow-low-cog-1229470/"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Navy"]My build: OuraYJ[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
rmappelt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #15
Rynfw100
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Imma sucker for coilovers. Bgred gets my vote

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/1993-2-5l-jeep-wrangler-build-5-2l-swap-1210512
Rynfw100 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.