Mark VII/Taurus Install Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Mark VII/Taurus Install Question

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 03-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Mark VII/Taurus Install Question

I am looking for some more diagrams or schematics on how people wired up their electric fans. I found a good one HERE but am looking for something a bit different.

Anyone know of any others out there? I tried searching here and google but mostly came up with fans for sale.

Thanks

Unread 03-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #2
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

If you want to use a different thermostat controller, that circuit will still work for you.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #3
swedishdwarf
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Define "a bit different". What are you looking for?
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

here's mine
fan_control.jpg  
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:10 AM   #5
swedishdwarf
1995 YJ Wrangler 

A lot like jbolty's setup.

Last edited by swedishdwarf; 03-25-2008 at 09:40 PM..
swedishdwarf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:17 AM   #6
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks all. Sorry about no being clear in my original post. I am just looking for different options if they're available. So far it seems they are all pretty similar.

I'm gonna order the relays today. I hunted all around San Diego yesterday and the best I could find was 40A relays. It seems like component level electronics shops are becoming a thing of the past.
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:26 AM   #7
swedishdwarf
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ask for a constant duty solenoid. It's essentially the same thing as a relay but they're available in much higher amperage ratings.
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #8
SEZARO21
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Go to an RV shop. They sell continues duty solenoids rated @ 75A for $30.00. That's where I got mine and works great.
1991 2.5L YJ, 4" R.E. lift kit, 1-1/4" Lift shackles, K&N CAI, 4.0 TB w/ bored out intake, 5.0L Ford Mustang fuel injectors, 117A alternator, Ford Taurus electric fan, Rancho steering stabilizer, 8.8 Ford axle, 35x12.5x15 Dunlop Mud Rovers, Smittybuilt Titanium side steps, Smittybilt SRC Front Grille Guard Bumper, Smittybilt Stereo Center console, PIAA 520 Series fog lights, Sylvania Silverstar headlights, 20 gallon fuel tank upgrade & Herculined tub.
SEZARO21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2008, 06:42 PM   #9
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlue90 View Post
Thanks all. Sorry about no being clear in my original post. I am just looking for different options if they're available. So far it seems they are all pretty similar.

I'm gonna order the relays today. I hunted all around San Diego yesterday and the best I could find was 40A relays. It seems like component level electronics shops are becoming a thing of the past.

I found this link somewhere else on here a few days ago. I saved it in case I needed to replace my 50 amp relays.

http://www.solarseller.com/dc_photos...ch_power_relay
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.